- City: Los Angeles
- State: California
- Listed: September 23, 2015 3:58 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Los Angeles, CA // FranchisePOD.com // May 30, 2015 – The Brain Fitness Education seminar was organized by 1Heart Caregiver Services in coordination with ONEgeneration Senior Enrichment Center, headed by 1Heart Client Care Manager Maria Antonia Gutierrez, Area Manager Raymond de Guzman and Brain Fitness Program Director Tee Barr.
Senior residents of the community who joined this event learned that there are many ways to enrich and further improve their memory. Program Director Tee Bar showed the residents the different ways to overcome dementia and memory loss. During the training, she emphasized the importance of focus in doing a certain task and how to avoid overwhelming our brains with too much information which causes forgetfulness. Other techniques were discussed, such as repeating a word consistently for five succeeding days will help you to remember something for the first time. Many other topics were explained during the program incorporating the six essential areas of our cognitive brain which are: the long-term memory, short-term memory, language, critical thinking, visuospatial and calculation.
Where did I last leave my phone? What is her or his name? Why I am here? Am I having senior moments and forgetfulness because of my age? These are some of the common concerns many senior residents often have. Ways to improve mental sharpness was shared in the event as well as various research findings which the senior residents found very interesting. One of the topics Tee Barr shared was that researchers found that stimulating leisure activities were associated with a 50% reduction in the risk of dementia. The opposite was found in seniors who rarely participated in stimulating activities, often having higher risk levels of dementia. Seniors at the event discovered that leisure is fun and good for our brain!
An important message during the seminar was to focus, relax, and challenge your brain daily to further improve memory and maintain wellness. The Brain Fitness program sponsored by 1Heart Caregiver Services is an enjoyable and informative monthly event hosted at ONEGeneration. The key take away? Brain fitness is simple: we just have to use it, or else we lose it.
1Heart Caregiver services, http://www.1Heartcares.com is inviting all the senior residents to come and join the next session this coming June 30, 2015 for another run of the Brain Fitness program. 1Heart Caregiver Services and ONEgeneration assure all participants that this will be just as fun, helpful and full of new interesting topics to learn!
About 1Heart Caregiver Services®
1Heart Caregiver Services® (1Heart CS) is a premier In-home care service company that provides professional private care duty to seniors and adults requiring assistance in their home and healthcare needs. The company is run and managed by healthcare Executives with local and international training with combined top level work experience of more than 50 years. CEO Belina Tagarao is a Los Angeles IMAGE AWARDS honoree 2013 and HiFi 2014 awardee as a HiFi Ambassador of Goodwill for the Filipino-American business community in Los Angeles. 1Heart CS is the only In-Home Care Company that has its in-house ‘Caregiver University’ spearheaded by Training Director Randy Neil. Aligned with 1Heart’s principle of ‘Continuing Professional Education’ the Caregiver University provides ongoing caregiver training to all staff of the company. 1Heart CS is a Certified Member of CAHSAH(California Association for Health Services at Home), Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce, International Franchise association and is accredited by BBB. We operates in Los Angeles County, Orange County, Ventura County, San Fernando Valley, San Bernardino County and Santa Barbara County area.
SOURCE 1Heart Caregiver Services®
1Heart Caregiver Services
174 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Watch how FASTSIGNS helped this printer with our Co-Brand program grow their business by more than 40% (2 views)
- How This U.S. Veteran Thrived as a Signal 88 Franchisee (1 views)
- LOCAL FASTSIGNS FRANCHISE HOSTED A WEEK-LONG OPEN HOUSE (2 views)
- Topgolf Aiming for Richmond as 4th Virginia Location (2 views)
- After Floods Swept Through Louisiana, Sport Clips Team Members Band Together to Rebuild a Devastated Community (2 views)
- FOCUS Brands Celebrates the Opening of 600 International Stores for both Auntie Anne’s ® and Cinnabon ® Brands (1 views)
- Floyd Mayweather Expands Business Empire, Announces Mayweather Boxing & Fitness (1 views)
- Home Care Assistance of Pembroke Pines Receives 2017 Best of Home Care® Provider and Employer of Choice Awards (1 views)
- Tacos 4 Life Restaurant Brings on New Executives to Expand Business and Mission (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Seeks Franchisees at Idealliance Experience Annual Conference May 3-5 (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® RECEIVES TWO HORIZON INTERACTIVE AWARDS FOR WEBSITE DESIGN & FUNCTIONALITY (1 views)
- Tin Drum Asian Kitchen Taps Hot Foodie Trend with New Poke Menu Offerings (1 views)
- Mosquito Squad Recognized As One Of America’s Fastest Growing Companies By Inc. Magazine For Seventh Consecutive Year (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Real Heroes (1 views)
- Creamistry Continues California Expansion (1 views)