- Sub Headline: BYOCup and Fill ‘er Up - Friday, March 18, and Saturday, March 19 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. both days
- City: Irving
- State: Texas
- Franchise URL: http://www.7-Eleven.com
- Listed: March 17, 2016 1:53 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
March 14, 2016 // FranchisePOD.com // IRVING, TEXAS – It’s the second annual 7-Eleven® Bring Your Own Cup (#BYOCupDay), when Slurpee® fans can bring just about anything remotely resembling a cup to participating 7-Eleven stores and fill it with their favorite frozen flavor.
The retailer’s iconic Slurpee drink is turning Fiftee (50) so this year’s event is twice as big with double the days – Friday, March 18, and Saturday, March 19 – and double the fun.
Between 11 a.m. and 7 p.m. on those days, Slurpee lovers can fill their chosen “cup” at participating stores for $1.50, the average cost of a medium Slurpee drink and a great deal for customers with extra-extra-large containers. Each person can only bring in one cup-like container, which must fit upright through an in-store display with a 10-inch diameter hole. Cups cannot be more than 9 inches wide and 11 inches tall and must be leak-proof, safe and sanitary. That means no trashcans or trash bags, kiddy pools or kitchen sinks.
“We know one of the things people love about Slurpee drinks is that they can make them their own,” said Laura Gordon, 7-Eleven vice president of marketing and brand innovation. “On BYOCup Day, Slurpee fans can customize their experience even more with the cup of their choice.”
For thirsty customers who show up without an oversized container, 7-Eleven is selling collectible 64-ounce mason jar-style cups sporting the “Slurpee 50” celebration logo. Available at participating stores, the price of the refillable cup is $4.99, and the first fill is free. Exclusive Slurpee flavors include Airheads Xtremes Rainbow Berry and Diet Coke FROST with a Splash of Cherry.
“Last year’s BYOCup Day was a huge hit, and because this year is the big Slurpee Fiftee celebration, we added a second day so more people can get in on the fun,” Gordon said. “We saw just how creative Slurpee fans can get during the first BYOCup Day. They filled drums, kettles, fishbowls, helmets and teapots. I can’t wait to see what they bring this year.”
Part of the fun is capturing the Slurpee experience with photos and sharing it on social media. To encourage social media participation, 7-Eleven is using the hashtag #BYOCupDay so Slurpee fans can share their crazy cups on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat. A Snapchat account under the username REALLYSLURPEE is active, and users can add a splash of color to their snaps with a special BYOCup Day geo-filter, available only at 7-Eleven stores March 18 and 19.
For the Slurpee Fiftee celebration, 7-Eleven launched the new Slurpee.com to share the fun of Slurpee and excitement happening all year long.
7-Eleven’s BYOCup Day is a worldwide phenomenon. Besides the United States, 7-Eleven stores in Australia, Canada, the Philippines and Malaysia have held BYOCup Days.
Slurpee drinks purchased during BYOCup Day will count as a punch on 7Rewards™, a loyalty platform that rewards customers with a free beverage for every six cups purchased through the 7-Eleven mobile app. The program includes 7-Eleven coffee and its other hot beverages, plus Big Gulp®, Slurpee® and Chillers® drinks. If a customer already has six digital punches on their rewards card, they cannot redeem their free seventh drink at BYOCup Day.
News & Online Media: Go to www.slurpee.com/byoc/press for images and b-roll assets.
About 7-Eleven, Inc.
7-Eleven, Inc. is the premier name and largest chain in the convenience retailing industry. Based in Irving, Texas, 7-Eleven® operates, franchises and licenses more than 10,700 7-Eleven stores in North America. Globally, approximately 58,900 7-Eleven stores serve customers in 17 countries. Find out more online at www.7-Eleven.com.
SOURCE 7-Eleven, Inc.
379 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- How This U.S. Veteran Thrived as a Signal 88 Franchisee (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Announces First European Master Franchise (1 views)
- Moran Family of Brands Announces Franchisees of the Year (2 views)
- Famous Toastery and Dancakes Launch Holiday Character Pancake Art Campaign (1 views)
- World-Famous Donut Bar to Offer Exclusive Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- NEW FASTSIGNS® CENTER OPENS IN FARMINGTON, NEW MEXICO (1 views)
- Jazen Tea Celebrates 5 Years With Free Drinks for a Year (1 views)
- After Floods Swept Through Louisiana, Sport Clips Team Members Band Together to Rebuild a Devastated Community (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Seeks Franchisees at Idealliance Experience Annual Conference May 3-5 (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS of Kirkland’s Shugarts acquires Stanford Signs in Redmond, WA (1 views)
- House Doctors of Somerset Commits to Another 10 Years (1 views)