- Sub Headline: Winner's Franchise-Fee Waiver Worth Up to $190,000
- City: Dallas
- State: Texas
- Franchise URL: http://www.veteransfranchisegiveaway.com
- Listed: January 11, 2016 10:06 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
DALLAS, Jan. 11, 2016 /FranchisePOD.com/ — If you have served in the U.S. Armed Forces, are looking to open a franchise and be your own boss, 7-Eleven, Inc. has something in store for you.
Dallas-based 7-Eleven is recruiting qualified men and women who have been honorably discharged to enlist in the company’s second Operation: Take Command competition. One deserving and lucky veteran will be awarded a 7-Eleven® fee-free franchise, a value of up to $190,000.
The winner can choose any of the company’s 7-Eleven convenience stores available in the continental U.S. at the contest’s culmination. Interested veterans can enter online at www.VeteransFranchiseGiveaway.com now through Feb. 26, 2016. The winner will be announced in June.
“More than 6,000 ex-military men and women applied last year, and 1,700 were vetted in our first Operation: Take Command campaign,” said Greg Franks, 7-Eleven vice president of franchise systems. “The finalists were outstanding, and many who didn’t win, still took command of their careers and moved forward through our normal qualification process to own their own 7-Eleven franchise.”
The Operation: Take Command initiative is a multi-phased competition that includes meeting 7-Eleven’s franchising qualifications and successful interviews. The top 25 will be invited to submit a video on why they deserve a 7-Eleven franchise. Up to seven will be selected from this pool for the semi-final competition.
Through votes on 7-Eleven’s Facebook page, the public will select three finalists to be interviewed by 7-Eleven’s franchise department management and narrowed to one winner.
To qualify for Operation: Take Command, an entrant must be age 21 or older, a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, an honorably discharged veteran, have excellent credit and at least three years of leadership, retail or restaurant experience. Contestants will go through the same qualification process as all 7-Eleven franchise applicants including credit evaluation, a leadership test, business plan development, budget, and store location preferences.
Last year’s winners in 7-Eleven’s inaugural Operation: Take Command are now in business for themselves in stores of their choice. Mark Anthony Page, a Navy veteran, franchises a 7-Eleven store in Burleson, Texas. Salil Gautam, formerly with the U.S. Army, operates his store in Norfolk, Va., and Army reservist Robert Kemna recently took the reins of his new 7-Eleven store in Miami.
7-Eleven already offers qualified veterans who have left the military within the past five years a discount of 20 percent on the franchise fee for their first 7-Eleven store, a value of up to $50,000, along with preferred interest rates and special financing. Those who have been out of the military longer receive a 10 percent franchise fee discount.
Multiple veterans organizations continue to recognize 7-Eleven for its military-friendly business opportunities, hiring practices and philanthropic support for military families. This year marks 7-Eleven’s 52nd year of franchising. Today, franchisees operate approximately 85 percent of 7-Eleven, Inc.’s nearly 8,000 U.S. stores. An interactive map at www.franchise.7-eleven.com indicates stores available for franchising.
The Fine Print: The contest is not open to eligible veterans who are legal residents of Hawaii, North Dakota, South Dakota and where prohibited. All participants must read and agree to the official rules at veteransfranchisegiveaway.com. This is not an offer to sell a franchise, which will be made by us only in a state if 7-Eleven, Inc. is first registered, filed, exempted or otherwise qualified to offer franchises in that state, and only if 7-Eleven provides an appropriate Franchise Disclosure Document. A credit of up to $190,000 toward the initial franchise fee will be awarded. The winner will be required to pay any portion of the initial franchise fee over $190,000 for the store they select, along with other initial fees, including but not limited to a $29,000 down payment on inventory, cost of all licenses and permits, expenses to attend training and other fees described in our Franchise Disclosure Document. The 20-percent franchise fee discount for veterans is for qualified applicants and only on the first store franchised.
About 7-Eleven, Inc.
7-Eleven, Inc. is the premier name and largest chain in the convenience retailing industry. Based in Irving, Texas, 7-Eleven operates, franchises and licenses more than 10,700 7-Eleven® stores in North America. Globally, there are some 57,900 7-Eleven stores in 17 countries. 7-Eleven has been honored by a number of companies and organizations. Accolades include #1 on Entrepreneur magazine’s 2014 Top Global Franchise list; #7 spot on Entrepreneur magazine’s Franchise 500 list for 2016; #1 on “Best Retail Franchises” list for April 2015 by FranchiseRankings.com; #3 on Forbes magazine’s Top 20 Franchises to Start; and is among GI Jobs magazine’s Top 100 Military Friendly Employers for 2016. 7-Eleven is franchising its stores in the U.S. and expanding through organic growth, acquisitions and its Business Conversion Program. Find out more online at www.7-Eleven.com.
SOURCE 7-Eleven, Inc.
211 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Locking Down Security Business (1 views)
- Sport Clips Haircut Franchise Markets Available By State (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler About The Signal 88 Culture and Our Core Values (2 views)
- Franchise growth, stylist opportunities, philanthropies and awards “Excite” at Sport Clips Haircuts National Huddle (2 views)
- Mosquito Squad Recognized As One Of America’s Fastest Growing Companies By Inc. Magazine For Seventh Consecutive Year (2 views)
- Jazen Tea Celebrates 5 Years With Free Drinks for a Year (2 views)
- Speedpro Imaging’s August 2017 Franchisee In Focus: Shira Kollins, Chicago, Illinois (1 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Targets Veterans to Fulfill Overwhelming Demand (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Real Heroes (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler On the Value of the Franchise Group (1 views)
- The Carving Board Sandwiches Serves Up National Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- Build Your Dream Lineup At Taco John’s® (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® OF YORK PROVIDES AWARD-WINNING SIGNS AND GRAPHICS FOR PENN STATE YORK STUDENT CENTER (1 views)
- AAMCO Expanding Brand’s Footprint With 18 New Centers Nationwide (1 views)