- Sub Headline: Students, area residents now have the convenience store’s Slurpee® drinks, fresh foods and snacks at their fingertips
- City: Dallas
- State: Texas
- Listed: December 2, 2015 8:34 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
December 02, 2015 // FranchisePOD.com // DALLAS and SAN FRANCISCO – 7-Eleven, Inc. today announced a new partnership with Tapingo, the leading mobile commerce application for college campuses, to launch on-demand delivery of 7-Eleven® products in the college market.
Starting today, Tapingo users at or near the participating colleges in California, Arizona, Pennsylvania, Ohio and Maryland can enjoy delivery of 7-Eleven products from select, neighboring 7-Eleven stores.
Focusing on the college market, Tapingo has built strong relationships with more than 100 colleges that use Tapingo to enhance student life. By working closely with forward-looking campuses that prioritize student engagement, Tapingo helps broaden the reach of campus dining services to satisfy the needs of students.
“We’ve seen a tremendous demand from students for late-night eats. Sometimes, you just need a Slurpee and a pizza at 1 a.m.!” said Jeff Hardy, Tapingo’s chief business officer. “Welcoming 7-Eleven to our rapidly growing partner ecosystem significantly increases our ability to provide students with what they want, when they want it. The 7-Eleven brand is synonymous with convenience, and that’s exactly what our community looks to us to provide.”
Tapingo users can browse the 7-Eleven aisles through the app and have their items delivered quickly and efficiently.
Hardy added, “Tapingo is the most affordable and convenient delivery service for colleges. Using the Club Tapingo feature, which also provides exclusive promotions and VIP treatment, Tapingo users pay a $2.99 delivery charge, but no additional service fees.”
Raja Doddala, 7-Eleven vice president for innovation and ventures, said “Tapingo users are largely college students who are digital natives. They are redefining convenience and accustomed to ordering what they want with a few taps on a computer or smart phone. Tapingo’s technology helps us build a relationship with this demographic.”
Doddala added, “7-Eleven products that particularly appeal to college-age consumers include whole pizzas, chicken wings and other hot foods, sandwiches that are made fresh and delivered daily. They also like ice cream, energy drinks and 7-Eleven’s own 7-Select-branded snacks because they are higher quality and lower priced than name-brand competitors.”
Tapingo works with campus dining, food-service companies and national brands to enhance the student experience by providing advanced, mobile food-ordering, pick up and delivery. Currently serving 46 markets from Alaska to Florida, Tapingo is known on campuses for saving college students time. With the average user transacting daily, Tapingo has become the buy-button for the college market.
About the Tapingo Partner Ecosystem
At Tapingo, we fundamentally believe that technology should create a win-win situation. The implementation of Tapingo’s mobile commerce capabilities on college campuses demonstrates this philosophy by giving consumers a better way to buy, while increasing throughput and driving the bottom line for operators. We work closely with a broad range of forward-looking campuses, foodservice industry leaders, and national and regional brands to bring our customers what they want – where, when, and how they want it! The Tapingo Partner Ecosystem includes such companies as Chipotle Mexican Grill (NYSE: CMG), Taco Bueno, 7-Eleven Inc., and Aramark (NYSE: ARMK).
Since its founding in 2012, Tapingo has leveraged mobile technology to improve the buying experience and solve a key problem for students: lack of time. Using Tapingo’s cutting edge mobile technology, users can browse menus, order and pay, then schedule pickup or have their order delivered. By providing a streamlined buying process that benefits both the students and the campuses, Tapingo drives habitual purchase and eliminates operational inefficiencies. Tapingo processes tens of thousands of transactions per day, and is the ideal commerce solution for the on-the-go on-demand generation.
Stop waiting at www.tapingo.com
About 7-Eleven, Inc.
7-Eleven, Inc. is the premier name and largest chain in the convenience retailing industry. Based in Dallas, Texas, 7-Eleven operates, franchises or licenses some 10,700 7-Eleven® stores in North America. Globally, there are more than 57,500 7-Eleven stores in 17 countries. 7-Eleven is franchising its stores in the U.S. and expanding through organic growth, acquisitions and its Business Conversion Program. Find out more online at www.7-Eleven.com.
SOURCE 7-Eleven, Inc.
222 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- NEW FASTSIGNS® LOCATION OPENS IN CORAL SPRINGS (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Sponsors National Business Media Show In Fort Lauderdale, Florida February 16-18 (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® RECEIVES TWO HORIZON INTERACTIVE AWARDS FOR WEBSITE DESIGN & FUNCTIONALITY (1 views)
- SIGNAL 88 OFFICER OF THE MONTH FEBRUARY, BRENDON BENSON (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® International, Inc. CEO Catherine Monson to Speak at U.S. Chamber of Commerce Small Business Series (1 views)
- The Carving Board Sandwiches Serves Up National Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS INTERNATIONAL, INC. CEO CATHERINE MONSON NAMED IN TOP 20 FACES OF FRANCHISING (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS INTERNATIONAL RECEIVES CFA 2017 AWARD (1 views)
- Orlando Business Journal: Signal 88 Security to Expand in Florida (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler – The Vision is Clear (1 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (1 views)
- Club Pilates Named America’s Fourth Fastest-Growing Company by Inc. Magazine (1 views)