- Sub Headline: The Kickboxing Gym Franchise has Totaled 131 Clubs in 2015
- City: Greenville
- State: South Carolina
- Franchise URL: http://www.9round.com
- Listed: January 8, 2016 8:39 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
January 08, 2016 // FranchisePOD.com // GREENVILLE, SC – 9Round, a rapidly expanding chain of kickboxing gym franchises, has opened its 300th club. The milestone club opened in San Antonio as the most recent result of a vast expansion effort resulting with locations in 40 states and five countries.
9Round opened 131 clubs throughout 2015, almost doubling the impressive 84 clubs that were opened in 2014, which included the company’s first Canadian location. The company also signed international agreements for nearly 300 additional locations throughout Australia, Mexico and the Middle East.
Opening the 300th club is part of a long list of accomplishments over the past year that includes 9Round being named to Forbes’ list of 100 of America’s Most Promising Companies, reaching Inc. 5000’s Fastest Growing Companies, among other accolades.
“There is no better way than to start 2016 with the opening of our 300th location, which is a true milestone and accomplishment for any franchise brand. Every opening is worth celebrating, and we certainly look forward to unit 500, unit 1000 and beyond,” said Shannon Hudson, Founder and CEO of 9Round. “Our continued growth is a testament to the hard work and dedication of our entire team, who has helped 9Round become the fastest-growing kickboxing gym franchise in the world.”
9Round workouts consist of nine, three-minute stations of activities that include cardio, weight training, abdominal exercises and kicks and punches on 100-pound, double-end, upper-cut and speed bags. Members have a 30-second active break between rounds to recover, which means doing small workouts with bags, as well as sit-ups and push-ups.
There are no class times, trainers are always on site, and routines change daily, giving members a fresh workout every time they come in.
“I’m still in shock to know that I’m opening 9Round’s 300th club,” said owner and operator of 9Round Stone Oak, Sarah Omstead. “It’s a tremendous honor and I hope it achieves the same level of success as the previous clubs.”
Hudson started 9Round after a lifetime of martial arts and more than 80 professional kickboxing bouts. He was in the top shape of his life, but noticed most of the people around him were not. He thought, “How do I take the grueling in-ring workouts and create a non-intimidating, convenient circuit workout format that the average person could enjoy without getting hit?”
Founded in 2008 by professional kickboxer Shannon Hudson, 9Round is a specialized fitness center that brings boxing and kickboxing fitness training to the average person in a convenient, affordable, 30-minute, full body circuit format. The program is developed around a proprietary and copyrighted system of nine challenging workout stations developed by Shannon himself. Today, there are 300 9Round clubs open and operating throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia and Saudi Arabia, with plans to have a total of 1,000 locations by 2018. For more information, please visit www.9round.com.
Marybeth St. Peters
149 total views, 2 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (7 views)
- Sport Clips Franchise Opportunities (6 views)
- Brightway Insurance Celebrates Ninth Anniversary (81 views)
- Always Best Care Announces New Owner Of Burlington Territory (67 views)
- New Cherry Blow Dry Bar Coming to Marlton, NJ (60 views)
- Tin Drum Asian Kitchen Taps Hot Foodie Trend with New Poke Menu Offerings (58 views)
- A Flavorful Fall Is Coming to Dunkin’ Donuts this Month (57 views)
- Anytime Fitness Flexes Development Plans for Alabama (57 views)
- Pizza Factory Scores Big with San Jose Sharks Partnership (55 views)
- Cousins Subs® Makes It Better In Communities Across Wisconsin (52 views)
- New Wag N’ Wash in Redmond Part of 15-Store Expansion Plan (49 views)
- GYMGUYZ Launches International Expansion with First Canadian Franchise Agreements (45 views)
- Dallas Cowboys and 7-Eleven Partner on Limited-Edition Collectible Cup (43 views)
- Weight Watchers® And The American Cancer Society® Team Up To Showcase The Power Of Community Through Project L.I.F.T. (39 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Targets Veterans to Fulfill Overwhelming Demand (7 views)