A Sweet & Savory Growth Plan: Doc Popcorn & Dippin’ Dots Seek to Open Co-Branded Franchises in Spokane Malls
June 15, 2016 (FranchisePOD.com) Spokane, Wash. – Building off their popularity in malls across the country, executives with Doc Popcorn and Dippin’ Dots are actively seeking franchise partners to open co-branded locations in the Spokane area, with potential locations available at a number of local malls.
Doc Popcorn, a fresh-popped popcorn franchise, and its sister brand Dippin’ Dots, leader and franchisor of flash-frozen ice cream and other frozen treats, are working together to open co-branded locations around the country. The first dual-branded franchise opened to embracing fans at the Battlefield Mall in Springfield, Mo., followed by the first co-branded kiosk at the South Premium Outlets mall in Las Vegas. Additional co-branded units opened this year in mall locations include Yorktown Center and Gurnee Mills in Illinois, Eden Prairie Mall in Minnesota, Coronado Mall in New Mexico and Fox River Mall in Wisconsin.
Company executives say several local malls serve as attractive options to host co-branded in-line stores or kiosks. With several Dippin’ Dots points of presence in the Spokane area, including locations at entertainment venues, such as Sky High Sports and Spokane Arena, co-brand locations would be an ideal fit at any of the numerous Spokane-area malls, including the River Park Square and the Spokane Valley Mall.
“Based on the demographics of the types of shoppers who flock to the Spokane area and other market research, we believe our co-brand locations have great opportunities for success with our unique mix of sweet and savory offerings,” said Doc Popcorn co-founder Rob Israel. “We’re committed to finding a business savvy franchise partner in the area who shares the vision.”
The dual-brand concept, which can operate as in-line or kiosk locations, will give local mall-goers the opportunity to satisfy any sweet or savory snack craving, with the offerings of Doc Popcorn’s fresh-popped, kettle cooked popcorn and Dippin’ Dots’ iconic flash-frozen ice cream, sundaes, floats, shakes and quakes. Operationally, the brands share the same store, counter, register and employees.
Additional development expansion efforts will focus on malls in Birmingham, Ala; Tucson, Ariz; Salinas, Calif.; Bangor and Portland, Maine; St. Louis; Philadelphia; and Madison, Wis.
“Response to the initial Doc Popcorn/Dippin’ Dots locations has been fantastic. Consumers have embraced the combination of offerings. It’s obvious that the two snacks complement each other and perform well in the same space,” Israel noted. “We’re looking forward to similar positive results in Spokane once we find the right franchise partner.”
About Doc Popcorn
Using 100 percent corn oil, proprietary flavor blends and other high-quality ingredients, Doc Popcorn handcrafts a wide variety of fresh-popped specialty flavors of popcorn. Doc Popcorn’s delicious flavors are gluten-free, whole grain, wheat-free and nut-free. Doc Popcorn started franchising in 2009 and has since been recognized as one of the hottest snack franchises in the country. In 2015 and 2016, Entrepreneur Magazine ranked Doc Popcorn among the “Top Food Franchises,” “Top Mobile Franchises,” “Top Franchises Under $50,000,” and placed the company on the upper half of its “Franchise 500,” a highly-regarded list in the franchise industry. For more information, please visit www.docpopcorn.com.
About Dippin’ Dots
Dippin’ Dots has produced and distributed its flash frozen tiny beads of ice cream, yogurt, sherbet and flavored ice products since microbiologist Curt Jones invented the cryogenic process in 1988. Made at the company’s production facility in Paducah, Ky., Dippin’ Dots distributes its unique frozen products in all 50 states and 11 countries and employs nearly 200 people. For more information about the company, including franchising, please visit www.dippindots.com.
SOURCE Doc Popcorn
Fishman Public Relations
656 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Locking Down Security Business (1 views)
- Sport Clips Haircut Franchise Markets Available By State (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler About The Signal 88 Culture and Our Core Values (2 views)
- Franchise growth, stylist opportunities, philanthropies and awards “Excite” at Sport Clips Haircuts National Huddle (2 views)
- Jazen Tea Celebrates 5 Years With Free Drinks for a Year (2 views)
- Speedpro Imaging’s August 2017 Franchisee In Focus: Shira Kollins, Chicago, Illinois (1 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Targets Veterans to Fulfill Overwhelming Demand (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Real Heroes (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler On the Value of the Franchise Group (1 views)
- The Carving Board Sandwiches Serves Up National Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- Build Your Dream Lineup At Taco John’s® (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® OF YORK PROVIDES AWARD-WINNING SIGNS AND GRAPHICS FOR PENN STATE YORK STUDENT CENTER (1 views)
- AAMCO Expanding Brand’s Footprint With 18 New Centers Nationwide (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® International, Inc. CEO Catherine Monson to Speak at U.S. Chamber of Commerce Small Business Series (1 views)