AAMCO Franchise Owner Forms Wheels Of Freedom Project To Assist Disabled Veterans In Prescott Valley, Arizona
- Sub Headline: Franchise Owner Gary Denton Rebuilds Powered Wheelchairs for Local Military Veterans in Need
- Franchise URL: http://www.AAMCO.com
- Listed: May 31, 2016 3:11 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
HORSHAM, Pa. (FranchisePOD.com) May 31, 2016 – AAMCO Franchise, the world’s largest transmission specialists and leader in total car care, today announced its local Prescott Valley, Arizona, franchise owner has formed the Wheels of Freedom Project, a not-for-profit entity dedicated to providing electric wheelchairs to disabled veterans in the community. Founded by Gary Denton, owner of the AAMCO of Prescott Valley, the Wheels of Freedom project is an effort to enhance the quality of life of local veterans with physical disabilities.
The Wheels of Freedom Project began when Denton found a powered wheelchair in disrepair at the existing AAMCO service center he had purchased in July 2015. Using the tools from his repair shop, Denton set out to refurbish the wheelchair so he could provide it to someone in need.
“I knew that I wanted to donate the chair to someone who truly needed it for enhancing their quality of life,” said Denton, franchisee. “It was fate when Larry Jacobs and Larry Gray from Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve, a military outreach program, walked into my AAMCO shop. They helped me find the perfect recipient of the chair, which was given to Army veteran Robert Martens.”
Martens is in need of a kidney and pancreas transplant and can only walk a few feet at a time. Earlier this year, the veteran was presented with the refurbished powered wheelchair. Denton was so moved by the experience that he chose to create the Wheels of Freedom Project the very next day. The organization is currently raising money to apply to be recognized as a 501(c)(3) public charity with the Internal Revenue Service and State of Arizona. To donate to the Wheels of Freedom Project, visit their Go Fund Me page and to learn more, visit www.WheelsofFreedomProject.org or their Facebook page.
“We’re incredibly proud of the initiative and dedication that Gary Denton has shown to his local community through the Wheels of Freedom Project,” said Rob Rajkowski, COO at AAMCO Transmission, Inc. “Many of AAMCO’s franchise owners voluntarily give back to the communities they serve, and we’re dedicated to helping support our franchisees and their local charitable initiatives.”
For more than 50 years, AAMCO’s locally owned and operated independent service centers have employed the latest technology. Expert technicians diagnose a repair, fix it right the first time and back it with a nationwide warranty. Known as the world’s leading transmission expert, the company has evolved into a total car care brand providing a variety of services including brake repair, tune-ups, shocks and struts, routine maintenance and more. AAMCO was recently named to Entrepreneur’s 2016 Franchise 500®, ranking at the top of the transmission repair category. Based on system size, growth rate and financial strength, the brand also earned a spot on Entrepreneur’s “Best of the Best” list.
To learn more about franchise or conversion opportunities with AAMCO, contact Eric Simon, director of franchise development, at 866-379-5649 or email@example.com or visit aamcofranchise.com.
AAMCO is the world’s largest chain of transmission specialists and a leader in total car care services. AAMCO has nearly 700 automotive centers throughout the United States and Canada. Established in 1962, AAMCO centers are proud to have served more than 45 million drivers. For more information, visit: aamcouniversity.com, aamco.com or aamcoblog.com.
334 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Meet Mark Jameson, FASTSIGNS, Executive Vice President, Franchise Support & Development (5 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- FASTSIGNS Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Sport Clips Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Sport Clips Haircut Franchise Markets Available By State (2 views)
- Roosters Men’s Grooming Center Franchise Opportunities (4 views)
- Grooming Lounge Franchise Opportunities (4 views)
- 2Good2B Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Barkefellers Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Mosquito Shield Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Wee Little Arts Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Superior Mosquito Defense Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Cinnaholic “Rolls” Out First San Diego Location (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Seeks Franchisees At ISA Sign Expo April 19-22 (2 views)
- Franchise growth, stylist opportunities, philanthropies and awards “Excite” at Sport Clips Haircuts National Huddle (2 views)