- Sub Headline: Donates 1,200 Mattresses to Washington D.C.-area Non-profit Organizations
- City: Atlanta
- State: Georgia
- Franchise URL: http://www.aarons.com
- Listed: March 27, 2016 12:15 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
ATLANTA – March 23, 2016 // FranchisePOD.com // – Aaron’s, Inc. (NYSE: AAN), the lease-to-own retailer specializing in the sales and lease ownership of furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances and accessories, broke the Guinness World Records title for the Largest human mattress dominoes this week by toppling 1,200 mattresses at the Gaylord National Resort in Washington, D.C.
The new record for Largest human mattress dominoes – which surpassed the previous record of 1,150 – was only part of the event’s significance. Aaron’s is donating all 1,200 mattresses to D.C.-area organizations: A Wider Circle, an organization focused on ending individual and family poverty, and to the Sasha Bruce and Wanda Alston youth homeless shelters.
“Breaking a Guinness World Records title has been a great team building event for the 2,000 associates we have attending our National Managers meeting this week,” said Aaron’s CEO John Robinson. “However, the significance of this event is that through the generosity of our manufacturing plant, Woodhaven, and our ACORP stores, we are able to provide 1,200 beds to needy families in the D.C.-area. Our associates had great fun participating and knowing their efforts support our mission of giving back to our communities.”
The event was made possible with Woodhaven Industries reducing the cost of the mattresses by 50 percent and Aaron’s Community Outreach Program (ACORP) stores generously purchasing the mattresses so that all 1,200 mattresses could be donated to the D.C.-area organizations. Through Aaron’s Gives programs, which include the Aaron’s Foundation, Inc. and ACORP, Aaron’s gave $2.8 million to communities across the nation in 2015.
An official Guinness World Records adjudicator was on hand to observe and certify the new record, which involved the efforts of 1,200 Aaron’s associates participating as human dominoes and who are in Washington, D.C. this week for the Company’s annual National Managers Meeting. Beginning Monday, Aaron’s store managers have participated in several community outreach activities across D.C., culminating in this week’s record-breaking Largest human mattress dominoes attempt.
Utilizing two exhibit halls covering 70,000 square feet at the Gaylord National Resort and Conference Center, Aaron’s and dominoes expert Robert Speca carefully erected 34 rows of mattresses manufactured by Woodhaven Industries, which is owned by Aaron’s. At 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Aaron’s CEO John Robinson pushed over the first mattress and commenced the Largest human mattress dominoes record attempt. Within 13 minutes and 38 seconds, Aaron’s associates had toppled all of the mattresses and produced a new world record.
The previous record for the Largest human mattress dominoes was achieved by 1,150 participants and was organized by German company Höffner Möbelgesellschaft GmbH & Co. KG in August 2012.
About Aaron’s, Inc.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Aaron’s, Inc. (NYSE: AAN) is a leader in the sales and lease ownership and specialty retailing of furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances and accessories, and currently has more than 2,000 Company-operated and franchised stores in 47 states and Canada. Progressive Leasing, a leading virtual lease-to-own company, provides lease-purchase solutions through approximately 16,000 retail locations in 46 states. Dent-A-Med, Inc., d/b/a the HELPcard®, provides a variety of second-look credit products that are originated through a federally insured bank. Aaron’s was founded in 1955, has been publicly traded since 1982 and owns the Aarons.com, ShopHomeSmart.com, ProgLeasing.com, and HELPcard.com brands. For more information, visit www.aarons.com.
SOURCE Aaron’s, Inc.
237 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Sales Training Helps Convert Former Police Officers to Sales People (2 views)
- Franchising Growth: Signal 88 by the Numbers (1 views)
- Sport Clips Haircut Franchise Markets Available By State (1 views)
- An Interview with Signal 88 Co-Founder Reed Nyffeler (1 views)
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (1 views)
- How This U.S. Veteran Thrived as a Signal 88 Franchisee (1 views)
- Local Entrepreneur Opens Beeline Bikes in San Antonio (1 views)
- Smashburger’s New Triple Double Cheeseburger Irks California’s Giant In-N-Out Burger (1 views)
- SIGNAL 88 OFFICER OF THE MONTH FEBRUARY, BRENDON BENSON (1 views)
- E-2 Visa Holders Welcome As Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® Franchisees (1 views)
- School Of Rock Names Anthony Padulo Chief Development Officer (1 views)
- Moran Family of Brands Announces Franchisees of the Year (1 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (1 views)
- World-Famous Donut Bar to Offer Exclusive Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- Build Your Dream Lineup At Taco John’s® (1 views)