- Sub Headline: Aaron's National Partnership with Boys & Girls Clubs of America Promotes Teen Leadership Development
- City: Atlanta
- State: Georgia
- Franchise URL: http://www.aarons.com
- Listed: March 17, 2016 11:24 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
ATLANTA, March 16, 2016 // FranchisePOD.com // — Aaron’s, Inc. (NYSE: AAN), a lease-to-own retailer specializing in the sales and lease ownership of furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances and accessories, revealed a freshly renovated Keystone Club to teen members of the Mesquite Boys & Girls Club of Greater Dallas on Wednesday afternoon, one day in advance of the 49th Annual National Keystone Conference, one of the largest youth leadership conferences in the U.S.
The Mesquite Club remodel leads up to the Thursday start of the Keystone Conference with 2,500 teen leaders from 157 cities and five countries gathering in Dallas to tackle youth issues head-on. The 2016 Keystone Conference is hosted by Boys & Girls Clubs of America (BGCA) and presented by Aaron’s, Inc.
With input from the teen members, Aaron’s associates and Club officials went to work Monday morning at the Mesquite Club painting, decorating and furnishing a media/multipurpose, kitchen, computer lab and games room in the Club. On Wednesday,Aaron’s associates and Club officials unveiled the new center to the teen members, equipped with new technology, kitchen appliances, sectionals, tables and chairs, sound systems and fresh coats of paint. Teens chose the special Sherwin-Williams™ paint colors for the rooms, Gleeful, Fountain and Carnival, and Shaw Industries donated the carpet.
“Aaron’s is proud to continue our national partnership with the kickoff of the annual Keystone Conference this week,” said John Robinson, CEO of Aaron’s, Inc. “The Keystone program inspires teens and fosters leadership skills in young people who are changing the world. Aaron’s is so pleased to invest in this program, which prepares teens for leadership, social action and community service around the world.”
Damaris Lewis, a Boys & Girls Clubs alum, and professional model, host and dancer, attended the surprise Club refresh unveiling. Lewis will speak at the Keystone Conference this week, engaging young women and their advisors in discussions around self-esteem, confidence, body image and media influence.
“The Mesquite teens are so excited to show off the remodel as they invite their peers to see the Club and encourage them to learn more about what Boys & Girls Clubs can offer them,” said Edward Blackwell, Branch Director of the Mesquite Boys & Girls Club of Greater Dallas. “Our Club serves a large number of underserved youth in our community and Aaron’s has shown a great deal of generosity by giving our space needed improvements. Our teens will look back on this experience for years to come as a pivotal point in their teen leadership development.”
In 2015, the Aaron’s Foundation, Inc. announced a three-year, $5 million national partnership with Boys & Girls Clubs of America’s Keystone Program, which helps teens develop their character and leadership skills, and equips them to reach their potential by creating positive change in the community. Keystone Club teen centers provide members an environment to plan and participate in activities that focus on community service, academic success, career preparation and teen outreach. The Keystone Club makeover at the Mesquite Boys & Girls Club of Greater Dallas includes an additional in-kind retail donation valued at$25,000.
Aaron’s partnership with BGCA’s Keystone Program inspires teens to “Own It” by taking ownership of their choices to build the lives they deserve. The Aaron’s and Keystone Club “Own Your Future” campaign supports three principles:
- Own Your Path: No matter where you come from, the future is yours to decide.
- Own Your Decisions: Making good choices opens more doors for your future.
- Own Your Community: Use your talents to make an impact in your community.
To see photos of the Keystone Club remodel at Mesquite Boys & Girls Club of Greater Dallas, visit www.facebook.com/aaronsinc.
About Aaron’s, Inc.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Aaron’s, Inc. (NYSE: AAN) is a leader in the sales and lease ownership and specialty retailing of furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances and accessories, and currently has more than 2,000 Company-operated and franchised stores in 47 states and Canada. Progressive Leasing, a leading virtual lease-to-own company, provides lease-purchase solutions through approximately 16,000 retail locations in 46 states. Dent-A-Med, Inc., d/b/a the HELPcard®, is offered through over 1,400 locations and provides a variety of second-look credit products that are originated through a federally insured bank. Aaron’s was founded in 1955, has been publicly traded since 1982 and owns the Aarons.com, ShopHomeSmart.com, ProgLeasing.com, and HELPcard.com brands. For more information, visit www.aarons.com.
About Boys & Girls Clubs of America
For more than 100 years, Boys & Girls Clubs of America (GreatFutures.org) has enabled young people most in need to achieve great futures as productive, caring, responsible citizens. Today, more than 4,100 Clubs serve nearly 4 million young people through Club membership and community outreach. Clubs are located in cities, towns, public housing and on Native lands throughout the country, and serve military families in BGCA-affiliated Youth Centers on U.S. military installations worldwide. They provide a safe place, caring adult mentors, fun and friendship, and high-impact youth development programs on a daily basis during critical non-school hours. Club programs promote academic success, good character and citizenship, and healthy lifestyles. In a Harris Survey of alumni, 54 percent said the Club saved their lives. National headquarters are located inAtlanta. Learn more at www.facebook.com/bgca.clubs and https://twitter.com/BGCA_Clubs.
SOURCE Aaron’s, Inc.
239 total views, 2 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (5 views)
- Franchising Growth: Signal 88 by the Numbers (4 views)
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (4 views)
- An Interview with Signal 88 Co-Founder Reed Nyffeler (3 views)
- Quaker Steak & Lube® New Entrees and Desserts Combine for a Full-Meal Dining Experience (6 views)
- Coverall® Appoints New Chief Financial Officer (5 views)
- Juice It Up! Signs Three-Store Deal To Enter Florida (4 views)
- Tacos 4 Life Restaurant Brings on New Executives to Expand Business and Mission (4 views)
- E-2 Visa Holders Welcome As Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® Franchisees (4 views)
- Jazen Tea Celebrates 5 Years With Free Drinks for a Year (4 views)
- Build Your Dream Lineup At Taco John’s® (4 views)
- BodyLogicMD Transforms Integrative Medicine for Physicians and Patients With Exponential Growth and Expansion (4 views)
- Woody’s Bar-B-Q® Heads North to Bring a Taste of the South to the Empire State (4 views)
- FASTSIGNS INTERNATIONAL, INC. CEO CATHERINE MONSON TO SHARE SUCCESS STRATEGIES AT DALLAS C-SUITE NETWORK CONFERENCE (3 views)
- VaporFi Continues Expansion with Seven Store Openings in Atlanta (3 views)