- City: Atlanta
- State: Georgia
- Franchise URL: http://www.aarons.com
- Listed: January 11, 2016 3:02 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
ATLANTA – Jan. 11, 2016 // FranchisePOD.com // – Aaron’s, Inc. (NYSE: AAN), a lease-to-own retailer specializing in the sales and lease ownership of furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances and accessories, presented four newly-renovated rooms to 400 teen members of the Keystone Club at the Hartley & Ruth Barker Branch of Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Scottsdale on Friday.
Through a partnership with Boys & Girls Clubs of America (BGCA) and input from the teen members, Aaron’s associates and Club officials went to work last Wednesday morning painting, decorating and furnishing the media/multipurpose, kitchen, computer lab and game rooms in the Club. On Friday, local Aaron’s associates and Club officials unveiled the new center to the teen members, which is now equipped with new technology, kitchen appliances, sectionals, tables and chairs, sound systems and fresh coats of paint. Teens chose the special Sherwin-Williams™ paint colors for the rooms: Lupine, Celestial, Mariner, Bee, Hearty Orange, Real Red, Let it Rain, Kismet, Splashy, Hyper Blue, Carnival and Tricorn Black.
“Remodeling a Club that serves 400 teens in the Scottsdale area is a great way to kick off the New Year with our national partnership with Boys & Girls Club of America,” said John Robinson, CEO of Aaron’s, Inc. “Teens are using the club renovations as an opportunity to invite their friends to visit and become members of the Boys & Girls Clubs. We are so pleased to be able to help inspire these teen members to work hard and own their futures.”
In 2015, the Aaron’s Foundation, Inc. announced a three-year, $5 million national partnership with Boys & Girls Clubs of America’s Keystone Program, helping teens develop their character and leadership skills in hopes of helping them reach their potential and creating positive change in the community. Keystone Club teen centers provide members ages 14-18 an environment to plan and participate in activities that focus on community service, academic success, career preparation and teen outreach.
The Keystone Club makeover at the Hartley & Ruth Barker Branch of Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Scottsdale includes an additional in-kind retail donation valued at $38,000.
“With our amazing and dedicated staff, we’re so pleased to operate one of the most highly attended clubs in Scottsdale. I’m thrilled that our community now has this remodeled facility befitting the kind of environment that our hard-working teens deserve,” said Lauren Stratton, Branch Director of the Hartley & Ruth Barker Branch of Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Scottsdale. “Without Aaron’s, this would not have been possible and everyone here is very grateful and proud to be associated with such a generous company.”
Aaron’s hopes its partnership with BGCA’s Keystone Program inspires teens to “Own It” by taking ownership of their choices to build the lives they deserve. The Aaron’s and Keystone Club “Own Your Future” campaign supports three principles:
- Own Your Path: No matter where you come from, the future is yours to decide.
- Own Your Decisions: Making good choices opens more doors for your future.
- Own Your Community: Use your talents to make an impact in your community.
To see photos of the Keystone Club remodel at Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Scottsdale, visit Aaron’s on Facebook (www.facebook.com/aaronsinc) and on Twitter (www.twitter.com/AaronsInc).
About Aaron’s, Inc.
Aaron’s, Inc. (NYSE: AAN), a leader in the sales and lease ownership and specialty retailing of furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances and accessories, currently has more than 2,000 Company-operated and franchised stores in 47 states and Canada. Aaron’s was founded in 1955, is headquartered in Atlanta and has been publicly traded since 1982. Progressive Leasing, a wholly-owned subsidiary and leading virtual lease-to-own company, provides lease-purchase solutions through approximately 16,000 retail locations in 46 states. Aaron’s, Inc. includes the Aarons.com, ShopHomeSmart.com and ProgLeasing.com brands. For more information, visit www.aarons.com.
About Boys & Girls Clubs of America
For more than 100 years, Boys & Girls Clubs of America (GreatFutures.org) has enabled young people most in need to achieve great futures as productive, caring, responsible citizens. Today, more than 4,100 Clubs serve nearly 4 million young people through Club membership and community outreach. Clubs are located in cities, towns, public housing and on Native lands throughout the country, and serve military families in BGCA-affiliated Youth Centers on U.S. military installations worldwide. They provide a safe place, caring adult mentors, fun and friendship, and high-impact youth development programs on a daily basis during critical non-school hours. Club programs promote academic success, good character and citizenship, and healthy lifestyles. In a Harris Survey of alumni, 54 percent said the Club saved their lives. National headquarters are located in Atlanta. Learn more at www.facebook.com/bgca.clubs and https://twitter.com/BGCA_Clubs.
SOURCE Aaron’s, Inc.
141 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (7 views)
- Sport Clips Franchise Opportunities (6 views)
- Brightway Insurance Celebrates Ninth Anniversary (81 views)
- Always Best Care Announces New Owner Of Burlington Territory (67 views)
- New Cherry Blow Dry Bar Coming to Marlton, NJ (60 views)
- Tin Drum Asian Kitchen Taps Hot Foodie Trend with New Poke Menu Offerings (58 views)
- A Flavorful Fall Is Coming to Dunkin’ Donuts this Month (57 views)
- Anytime Fitness Flexes Development Plans for Alabama (57 views)
- Pizza Factory Scores Big with San Jose Sharks Partnership (55 views)
- Cousins Subs® Makes It Better In Communities Across Wisconsin (52 views)
- New Wag N’ Wash in Redmond Part of 15-Store Expansion Plan (49 views)
- GYMGUYZ Launches International Expansion with First Canadian Franchise Agreements (45 views)
- Dallas Cowboys and 7-Eleven Partner on Limited-Edition Collectible Cup (43 views)
- Weight Watchers® And The American Cancer Society® Team Up To Showcase The Power Of Community Through Project L.I.F.T. (39 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Targets Veterans to Fulfill Overwhelming Demand (7 views)