- Franchise URL: http://www.aarons.com
- Listed: May 20, 2016 11:02 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
ATLANTA (FranchisePOD.com) May 20, 2016 – Aaron’s, Inc. (NYSE: AAN), a lease-to-own retailer specializing in the sales and lease ownership of furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances and accessories, surprised teens with a newly renovated Keystone Teen Center at the of Boys & Girls Club of Brockton on Wednesday.
“We’re excited to give these Boston-area Keystone Club teens a safe, revitalized space and offer a place where they can focus on creating their own futures,” said John Robinson, CEO of Aaron’s, Inc. “Our teen center remodels create supportive environments where teens want to spend their time after school. Keystone Club teens are encouraged to invite their friends to become involved in Boys & Girls Clubs, which has been proven to have a tremendously positive effect on their lives.”
Through a partnership with Boys & Girls Clubs of America (BGCA) and input from the teen members, more than 30 Aaron’s associates and Club officials worked on Monday to paint, decorate and furnish a study room, chill zone, music room and multipurpose area in the Club. On Wednesday, local Aaron’s associates and Club officials unveiled the new space, which is now equipped with new technology, sectionals, tables and chairs, sound systems and fresh coats of paint. Keystone teens chose the special Sherwin-Williams™ paint colors for their center: STOP, African Violet, Tame Teal, Carnival Orange and Mystical Shade.
“Keystone Club members not only strive beyond what is expected of them, they also are local leaders who inspire their peers to contribute to their communities and become valuable members of society,” said Derek W. Heim, Chief Executive Officer of the Boys & Girls Club of Brockton. “We’re so grateful to Aaron’s for supporting the Brockton teens and we look forward to seeing these teens grow as leaders as they focus on their academic careers and giving back to our community.”
In 2015, the Aaron’s Foundation, Inc. announced a three-year, $5 million national partnership with Boys & Girls Clubs of America’s Keystone Program, helping teens develop their character and leadership skills in hopes of helping them reach their potential and creating positive change in the community. The Keystone Club makeover at the Boys & Girls Club of Brockton includes an additional in-kind retail donation valued at $25,000. Keystone Club teen centers provide members ages 14-18 an environment to plan and participate in activities that focus on community service, academic success, career preparation and teen outreach.
Aaron’s partnership with BGCA’s Keystone Program inspires teens to “Own It” by taking ownership of their choices to build the lives they deserve. The Aaron’s and Keystone Club “Own Your Future” campaign supports three principles:
- Own Your Path: No matter where you come from, the future is yours to decide.
- Own Your Decisions: Making good choices opens more doors for your future.
- Own Your Community: Use your talents to make an impact in your community.
To see photos of the Keystone Club remodel at Boys & Girls Clubs of Brockton, visit Aaron’s on Facebook(www.facebook.com/aaronsinc) and on Twitter (www.twitter.com/AaronsInc).
About Aaron’s, Inc.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Aaron’s, Inc. (NYSE: AAN) is a leader in the sales and lease ownership and specialty retailing of furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances and accessories, and currently has more than 2,000 Company-operated and franchised stores in 47 states and Canada. Progressive Leasing, a leading virtual lease-to-own company, provides lease-purchase solutions through approximately 17,000 retail locations in 46 states. Dent-A-Med, Inc. (DAMI), d/b/a the HELPcard®, provides a variety of second-look credit products that are originated through a federally insured bank. Aaron’s was founded in 1955, has been publicly traded since 1982 and owns the Aarons.com, ShopHomeSmart.com, ProgLeasing.com, and HELPcard.com brands. For more information, visit www.aarons.com.
About Boys & Girls Clubs of America
For more than 100 years, Boys & Girls Clubs of America (GreatFutures.org) has enabled young people most in need to achieve great futures as productive, caring, responsible citizens. Today, more than 4,100 Clubs serve nearly 4 million young people through Club membership and community outreach. Clubs are located in cities, towns, public housing and on Native lands throughout the country, and serve military families in BGCA-affiliated Youth Centers on U.S. military installations worldwide. They provide a safe place, caring adult mentors, fun and friendship, and high-impact youth development programs on a daily basis during critical non-school hours. Club programs promote academic success, good character and citizenship, and healthy lifestyles. In a Harris Survey of alumni, 54 percent said the Club saved their lives. National headquarters are located in Atlanta. Learn more at www.facebook.com/bgca.clubs and https://twitter.com/BGCA_Clubs.
SOURCE Aaron’s, Inc.
315 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Sport Clips Haircut Franchise Markets Available By State (1 views)
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (1 views)
- NEW FASTSIGNS® LOCATION OPENS IN CORAL SPRINGS (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS INTERNATIONAL, INC. CEO CATHERINE MONSON NAMED IN TOP 20 FACES OF FRANCHISING (2 views)
- The Patrol Difference from Signal 88 Security (1 views)
- Mother and Son Duo Start Family Business With Signal 88 Security (1 views)
- Club Pilates Named America’s Fourth Fastest-Growing Company by Inc. Magazine (1 views)
- Tropical Smoothie Cafe Signs 100th Franchise Agreement Of 2017 (1 views)
- Local franchisees recognized for charitable giving (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Real Heroes (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS of Kirkland’s Shugarts acquires Stanford Signs in Redmond, WA (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Targets Veterans to Fulfill Overwhelming Demand (1 views)
- Security 101: Signal 88 Memorial Day Safety Tips (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Sponsors National Business Media Show In Fort Lauderdale, Florida February 16-18 (1 views)