Aaron’s ‘Six Weeks of Giving’ to Action Ministries Culminates in Technology Center Renovation for Children in the Old Fourth Ward
- City: Atlanta
- State: Georgia
- Franchise URL: http://www.aarons.com
- Listed: January 16, 2016 11:54 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
ATLANTA – Jan. 15, 2016 // FranchisePOD.com // – Aaron’s, Inc. (NYSE: AAN), a lease-to-own retailer specializing in the sales and lease ownership of furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances and accessories, unveiled this week a refreshed computer room benefitting children of Action Ministries Atlanta Women’s Community Kitchen and Children’s Program. Aaron’s executives along with representatives from Action Ministries were present for the reveal.
Aaron’s associates from the corporate office and Atlanta area stores worked all day Wednesday painting, laying carpet tile and installing new electronics and furniture for the newly named Aaron’s Technology Center. The computer lab was renovated with Sherwin-Williams™ Blue Mosque and Electric Lime paint colors and the carpet was donated by Shaw Industries.
The computer lab makeover is the culmination of Aaron’s ‘Six Weeks of Giving’ to Action Ministries – for a lifetime of learning campaign. Throughout December 2015, Aaron’s employees volunteered at Action Ministries Atlanta Women’s Community Kitchen wrapping gifts, preparing and serving lunch, and prepping to host the Christmas party for women and children. In addition, Aaron’s executives delivered 200 turkeys to Action Ministries to help low income and homeless families celebrate the holidays.
“We are very excited to have the opportunity to work with Action Ministries, an Atlanta-based organization helping women and their families obtain basic needs in order to break the cycle of poverty,” said John Robinson, CEO of Aaron’s, Inc. “This computer lab will directly benefit the children of Action Ministries Atlanta Women’s Community Kitchen and Children’s Program by giving them access to a place to study and complete their homework.”
As an Atlanta-based company, Aaron’s gift to Action Ministries will help empower homeless and impoverished children in the Old Fourth Ward neighborhood to end generational poverty through education. Aaron’s ‘Six Weeks of Giving’ to Action Ministries has birthed a supportive partnership between the two organizations.
“Aaron’s has a long history of being life-changers in our communities and we are incredibly blessed to have this on-going partnership,” said Action Ministries CEO John Moeller. “Aaron’s takes community stewardship seriously and we are so grateful that through their efforts, we can see that charity truly begins at home.”
About Action Ministries
Action Ministries, Inc. is a nonprofit that provides an extensive network of community partners and volunteers with the tools and expertise to lead fellow Georgians out of poverty. By meeting basic needs of hunger relief, housing and education, Action Ministries removes barriers that prevent thousands of Georgians from breaking the cycle of poverty and realizing their potential. Last year, nearly 144,000 people were served and many more lives changed by Action Ministries; however, according to the U.S. census, Georgia has the third highest poverty rate in the country and the need for services and support are much greater. For more information visit www.actionministries.net or www.facebook.com/ActionMinistriesAtlanta.
About Aaron’s, Inc.
Aaron’s, Inc. (NYSE: AAN), a leader in the sales and lease ownership and specialty retailing of furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances and accessories, currently has more than 2,000 Company-operated and franchised stores in 47 states and Canada. Aaron’s was founded in 1955, is headquartered in Atlanta and has been publicly traded since 1982. Progressive Leasing, a wholly-owned subsidiary and leading virtual lease-to-own company, provides lease-purchase solutions through approximately 16,000 retail locations in 47 states. Aaron’s, Inc. includes the Aarons.com, ShopHomeSmart.com and ProgLeasing.com brands. For more information, visit www.aarons.com.
SOURCE Aaron’s, Inc.
162 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (2 views)
- Watch how FASTSIGNS helped this printer with our Co-Brand program grow their business by more than 40% (2 views)
- Cousins Subs® Makes It Better In Communities Across Wisconsin (5 views)
- Club Pilates Named America’s Fourth Fastest-Growing Company by Inc. Magazine (4 views)
- NEW FASTSIGNS® CENTER OPENS IN FARMINGTON, NEW MEXICO (3 views)
- Oscar Navarro Self-Made Man and Sport Clips Team Leader (3 views)
- Salata To Open In Quail Springs Thursday (3 views)
- Buffalo Wild Wings-Owned R Taco Adds Five Locations (3 views)
- Backed by More Than Two Decades of Success, Sport Clips Has Positioned Itself as a Premier Investment Opportunity for Lenders (2 views)
- Anytime Fitness Flexes Development Plans for Alabama (2 views)
- SUPPLY POINTe Launches Nationwide Franchise Program (2 views)
- Hurricane Harvey: How You Can Help (2 views)
- E-2 Visa Holders Welcome As Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® Franchisees (2 views)
- Atlanta Area Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt Franchise (2 views)
- Meet Mark Jameson, FASTSIGNS, Executive Vice President, Franchise Support & Development (2 views)