- Franchise URL: http://www.GigisCupcakesUSA.com
- Listed: June 2, 2016 12:57 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
June 02, 2016 (FranchisePOD.com) FORT WORTH, Texas – An affiliate of Fort Worth-based private-equity group FundCorp, Inc., today announced the acquisition of Gigi’s Cupcakes, the largest cupcake franchise in the U.S. with more than 100 locations nationwide.
Terms of the deal were not announced, but Judy Renfrow has been named President and COO and will manage the chain along with Vice Chairman Michael Poates.
Founded in 2008 by entrepreneur Gina “Gigi” Butler as a local boutique bakery in Nashville, Tenn., Gigi’s Cupcakes offers a wide variety of high-quality, freshly baked goods, including cupcakes, cakes, cookies and more.
“We are excited that we have found the perfect partner to lead Gigi’s through its next phase of growth,” said Butler, who will remain as the face of the brand and spokeswoman. “Sales are at an all-time high and we have new franchisees interested in joining our family, so it was critical that we find someone that not only had the resources and the expertise to take Gigi’s to the next level, but also reflected our Christian values. We found that with FundCorp.”
This is the second acquisition of a major franchise chain in the past year by FundCorp sponsored companies, whose leadership team includes past ownership of baking and food manufacturing companies as well as executive leadership at Whataburger, Dairy Queen, Papa John’s and other major brands. Last June the company acquired Gatti’s Pizza and is now in the process of re-energizing that legacy brand with new openings scheduled to begin this summer.
“Gigi’s Cupcakes is exactly the type of opportunity we look for,” said Poates. “It’s a strong brand with tremendous goodwill among their franchise community that we can leverage into an aggressive franchise expansion initiative. The potential for growth is unlimited.”
More information about Gigi’s Cupcakes and the franchise opportunities is available at gigiscupcakesusa.com and gigiscupcakesusa.com/becomeanowner.
About Gigi’s Cupcakes
Founded in 2008 as a local boutique bakery in Nashville, Tenn., Gigi’s Cupcakes has grown into America’s largest cupcake franchise with over 100 locations nationwide. Gigi’s Cupcakes offers a wide variety of high-quality, freshly baked goods, including cupcakes, cakes, cookies and more. Recipes are created by founder Gina “Gigi” Butler whose American Dream story has inspired people across the country.
SOURCE Gigi’s Cupcakes
205 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- FASTSIGNS Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Hooters Celebrates National Chicken Wing Day with All-You-Can-Eat Wings (4 views)
- Backed by More Than Two Decades of Success, Sport Clips Has Positioned Itself as a Premier Investment Opportunity for Lenders (3 views)
- The Habit Burger Grill Celebrates Summer with All-New Strawberry Balsamic Chicken Salad (3 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Seeks Franchisees At ISA Sign Expo April 19-22 (3 views)
- Shane Beard San Diego FASTSIGNS Franchisee Celebrates Over 20 years of Success (2 views)
- Zerorez® The Right Way to Clean® Opens in St. Louis (2 views)
- How the FASTSIGNS Co-Brand Opportunity is Helping This Veteran Photo Company Video (2 views)
- N Zone Sports Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- GolfTEC to Open Enhanced Centers in New, Existing Markets (2 views)
- Swisher Hygiene founder expands new franchise in Arizona (2 views)
- Denny Hamlin and Sport Clips Honor Military at Ft. Bragg, Unveil “Throwback” Scheme for Darlington Race Weekend (2 views)
- “Ice Age: Collision Course” Is Taking Over Menchie’s (2 views)
- HouseMaster LLC Announces Appointment of New CFO, Adam Campbell (2 views)
- Training New Franchisees, Growing Its Future and Getting Ready to Celebrate 30 Years of Service Keeps NaturaLawn of America’s HQ Buzzing (1 views)