- Sub Headline: National Survey Finds Nearly 40 Percent Of American Adults Sleep With Thermostats Set Between 66 And 69 Degrees Fahrenheit
- City: Waco
- State: Texas
- Listed: November 19, 2015 8:34 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
WACO, Texas – Nov. 5, 2015 // FranchisePOD.com // – On average, people will spend about a third of their lives sleeping, so it is important to consider all external factors that can interfere with a good night’s sleep. A new national survey on optimal room temperatures required for sleeping, which was conducted by Google Consumer Surveys last month and commissioned by Aire Serv®, shows that nearly 40 percent of American adults prefer to set their thermostats between 66 and 69 degrees Fahrenheit while sleeping.
According to the poll, nearly 30 percent of those surveyed prefer to sleep with their thermostat set between 62 and 65 degrees Fahrenheit, while 22 percent favor temperatures between 70 and 73 degrees Fahrenheit, and approximately 9 percent of people prefer to set their thermostats between 74 and 77 degrees Fahrenheit. The data coincides with a recent study conducted by researchers at UCLA that indicates under typical conditions, temperature is important for regulating sleep.
“Aside from owning a comfortable mattress, a person’s comfort level with their bedroom temperature is a major determining factor as to how well and long he or she will sleep,” said Steve Truett, president of Aire Serv. “That’s why Aire Serv stresses the importance of routine air conditioner maintenance. It’s not only important for extending the lifespan of the unit, but it also will prevent the unit from not being be able to effectively regulate room temperature.”
Mark Aloia, PhD, associate professor of medicine for National Jewish Health in Denver, has studied health behavior change for the last 20 years. Through his academic work, he has received more than $15 million in government grants to study the various behavioral aspects of sleep.
“The results of the survey demonstrate that most people are aware of the relationship between room temperature and sleep. During sleep, our heart rates slow down and body temperatures drop because our bodies want to be at its coolest while resting,” said Dr. Aloia. “This recent study also shows that quality is as important as quantity and we know Americans, in general, are not getting enough sleep. In addition to temperature, other external conditions that will promote better sleep include keeping the bedroom quiet and dark.”
Aire Serv offers premium residential and commercial services for every type of heating and cooling system. Home services, which include air conditioner repair, replacement and maintenance, are charged by the job and not by the hour. In addition, Aire Serv conveniently offers 24-hour emergency air conditioning repair and service to its residential and commercial customers.
For more information about Aire Serv and its HVAC services, please visit aireserv.com.
About Aire Serv
Established in 1992, Aire Serv is a global franchise organization providing installation, maintenance and repair of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and indoor air quality systems. Recognized by Entrepreneur magazine among its “Franchise 500,” Aire Serv franchisees provide services to both residential and commercial customers from more than 180 locations worldwide. Aire Serv is a subsidiary of The Dwyer Group, Inc., family of service franchises. For more information or to find the location nearest you, visit AireServ.com.
SOURCE Aire Serv
270 total views, 3 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise: Why Signal 88? (5 views)
- Wetzel’s Pretzels Continues Nontraditional Unit Expansion with Successful Phoenix-Area Walmart Opening (4 views)
- FASTSIGNS INTERNATIONAL, INC. CEO CATHERINE MONSON TO SHARE SUCCESS STRATEGIES AT DALLAS C-SUITE NETWORK CONFERENCE (3 views)
- Jazen Tea Celebrates 5 Years With Free Drinks for a Year (3 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (3 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler On the Value of the Franchise Group (3 views)
- Scooter’s Coffee to Double Presence in Cedar Rapids (2 views)
- Security 101: Signal 88 Memorial Day Safety Tips (2 views)
- AtWork Group Ranked as One of the Largest Staffing Firms in the US (2 views)
- A Flavorful Fall Is Coming to Dunkin’ Donuts this Month (2 views)
- Shane Beard San Diego FASTSIGNS Franchisee Celebrates Over 20 years of Success (2 views)
- Any Lab Test Now Honored For First Time On Prestigious Inc. 5000 List (2 views)
- Buffalo Wild Wings-Owned R Taco Adds Five Locations (2 views)
- Topgolf Aiming for Richmond as 4th Virginia Location (2 views)