- Sub Headline: Alamo Drafthouse and PBS KIDS to present all-ages, family-friendly big screen programming throughout the year.
- City: Austin
- State: Texas
- Franchise URL: http://www.drafthouse.com
- Facebook URL: http://www.facebook.com/AlamoDrafthouse
- Instagram URL: http://www.instagram.com/drafthouse
- Pinterest URL: http://www.pinterest.com/AlamoDrafthouse
- YouTube URL: http://www.youtube.com/alamodrafthouse
- Listed: December 10, 2015 1:31 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
December 10, 2015 // FranchisePOD.com // Austin, TX – Alamo Drafthouse and PBS KIDS are pleased to announce the launch of a new year-long initiative that will bring PBS KIDS’ award-winning programming to Alamo Drafthouse screens across the country each month.
“PBS KIDS at the Alamo” will feature full-length episodes of new and favorite PBS KIDS’ series, beginning with NATURE CAT in January 2016. Other selections include READY JET GO! in February and ODD SQUAD in August. Additional titles and dates will be announced throughout the year.
“PBS KIDS is excited to present ‘PBS KIDS at the Alamo,'” said Lesli Rotenberg, General Manager, Children’s Media, PBS. “This project will introduce more kids and families to the fun, engaging content of PBS KIDS, while supporting the great work local PBS member stations do year-round with their partners in early childhood education.”
Similar to Alamo’s popular Kids Camp series, families may reserve seats with a $1 to $3 donation that can be made online in advance or at the box office. All donations will be directed to a charity or non-profit in each market, such as PBS member stations or their local partners, to support early learning activities.
Regular Alamo age and noise policies will not be in effect for these shows. Families with kids of all ages will be welcome and the environment for each show will be suitable even for the youngest ones, from what’s on screen to what’s up in the lobby.
“We are thrilled to collaborate with PBS KIDS as we expand our high quality programming for our youngest guests and their parents,” said Amy Averett, Director of Family and Community Engagement, Alamo Drafthouse. “Seeing PBS KIDS shows on the big screen adds to the interactive learning experience that parents can build on at home.”
Participating Markets & Local PBS Stations
Austin, TX – KLRU
Denver, CO – Rocky Mountain PBS
Dallas-Fort Worth, TX – KERA
Houston, TX – Houston Public Media
Laredo, TX – KLRN
Lubbock, TX – KTTZ
New Braunfels, TX – KLRN
Omaha, NE – NET
San Antonio, TX – KLRN
San Francisco, CA – KQED
Winchester, VA – WETA
For more about Alamo Drafthouse, visit drafthouse.com
Alamo Drafthouse Social Media:
For more about PBS KIDS, visit pbskids.org
About Alamo Drafthouse
Tim and Karrie League founded Alamo Drafthouse Cinema in 1997 as a single-screen mom and pop repertory theater in Austin. Eighteen years later, the now 21-location chain has been named “the best theater in America” by Entertainment Weekly and “the best theater in the world” by Wired. The Alamo Drafthouse Cinema has built a reputation as a movie lover’s oasis not only by combining food and drink service with the movie-going experience, but also introducing unique programming and high-profile, star studded special events. Alamo Drafthouse Founder & CEO, Tim League, created Fantastic Fest, a world renowned film festival dubbed “The Geek Telluride” by Variety. Fantastic Fest showcases eight days of genre cinema from independents, international filmmakers and major Hollywood studios. The Alamo Drafthouse’s collectible art gallery, Mondo, offers breathtaking, original products featuring designs from world-famous artists based on licenses for popular TV and Movie properties including Star Wars, Star Trek & Universal Monsters. The Alamo Drafthouse Cinema is expanding its brand in new and exciting ways, including Drafthouse Films, which has garnered two Academy Award nominations in its short four-year existence, and Birth.Movies.Death. an entertainment news blog curated by veteran journalist Devin Faraci.
About PBS KIDS
PBS KIDS, the number one educational media brand for kids, offers all children the opportunity to explore new ideas and new worlds through television, digital platforms and community-based programs. Kidscreen- and Webby-award winning pbskids.org provides engaging interactive content, including digital games and streaming video. PBS KIDS also offers mobile apps to help support young children’s learning. The PBS KIDS Video App is available on a variety of mobile devices and on platforms such as Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Xbox One and Chromecast. For more information on specific PBS KIDS content supporting literacy, science, math and more, visit pbs.org/pressroom, or follow PBS KIDS on Twitter and Facebook.
SOURCE The Alamo Drafthouse
For Alamo Drafthouse
240 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Announces First European Master Franchise (1 views)
- Watch how FASTSIGNS helped this printer with our Co-Brand program grow their business by more than 40% (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- How This U.S. Veteran Thrived as a Signal 88 Franchisee (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® CELEBRATES NEW LEVELS OF SUCCESS AND HONORS FRANCHISEES AT 2017 INTERNATIONAL CONVENTION (1 views)
- Decatur Tropical Smoothie Café® to Hold a Weekend Grand Opening Celebration (1 views)
- New PickUp USA Fitness Franchise Opening in Las Vegas (1 views)
- E-2 Visa Holders Welcome As Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® Franchisees (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Seeks Franchisees At ISA Sign Expo April 19-22 (1 views)
- Atlanta Area Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt Franchise (1 views)
- Dallas Cowboys and 7-Eleven Partner on Limited-Edition Collectible Cup (1 views)
- Cousins Subs® Makes It Better In Communities Across Wisconsin (1 views)
- Build Your Dream Lineup At Taco John’s® (1 views)
- Tin Drum Asian Kitchen Taps Hot Foodie Trend with New Poke Menu Offerings (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® LEVERAGING EPSON-3M ULTRACHROME GS3 INK IN EPSON SURECOLOR S-SERIES SOLVENT PRINTERS (1 views)