- Sub Headline: "Return of the Trilogy" roadshow program will take audiences back to a galaxy far, far away with triple-feature screenings at more than twenty locations nationwide.
- Franchise URL: http://www.drafthouse.com
- Listed: April 12, 2016 2:15 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
April 12, 2016 // FranchisePOD.com // Austin, TX – Alamo Drafthouse is so excited they could pull the ears off a gundark to announce they’ll be bringing the original STAR WARS trilogy to cities across the country this August with its epic “Return of the Trilogy” roadshow program.
Episode IV – A New Hope, Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back, And Episode VI – Return Of The Jedi have long been out of release, locked up tight in the vaults. Now, an ultra rare opportunity will bring these beloved original classics of the STAR WARS universe roaring across the big screen at movie palaces and performing arts venues from coast to coast.
Not only that, most will screen back-to-back-to-back as one galactic-sized triple feature – taking audiences from Luke’s humble beginnings on Tattooine all the way through to the final climactic battle between the Rebel Alliance and the Galactic Empire in a single sitting. The Force, as they say, will be strong with us.
“It’s always been a dream to show the original STAR WARS trilogy again – somehow, someway,” says Alamo Drafthouse’s VP of Special Events, Henri Mazza. “Seeing the original trilogy on the big screen for the first time is a real life-altering event and just a supreme amount of fun. When the films became available to book for screenings like these, we jumped at the chance to do something big.”
While many dates and locations are still to be announced, “Return of the Trilogy” screenings will take place at venues in over 20 cities throughout the month of August. All three of the films will be presented in their 1997 re-release format. Tickets for most markets will go on sale at ReturnOfTheTrilogy.com on May 4th, otherwise known as Star Wars Day: May the 4th Be With You.
More than just an epic triple-feature, each “Return of the Trilogy” show will be in its own unique celebratory event, featuring specially curated video content before and between films, contests, props to bring the power of the Force to life, and other special surprises. And coming dressed as your favorite Jedi, scoundrel pilot, or rebel scum will be very much encouraged.
The Return of the Trilogy Roadshow
August 6 – San Francisco, CA / The Warfield
August 6 – Kansas City, MO / The Midland Theatre
August 6 – Washington, D.C. / Warner Theatre
August 6 – Los Angeles, CA / The Theatre at the Ace Hotel
August 6 – New York, NY / The Town Hall
August 6 – Miami, FL / Olympia Theatre
August 6 – San Antonio, TX Majestic Theatre
August 7 – New York, NY / Kings Theatre
August 7 – Dallas, TX / Majestic Theatre
August 11 – Austin, TX / The Long Center for the Performing Arts (Ep. 4-A New Hope)
August 12 – Austin, TX / The Long Center for the Performing Arts (Ep. 5-The Empire Strikes Back)
August 13 – Austin, TX / The Long Center for the Performing Arts (Ep. 6-Return of the Jedi)
August 13 – Philadelphia, PA / The Keswick Theatre
August 13 – Louisville, KY / Brown Theatre
August 20 – Oakland, CA / Paramount Theatre
August 27 – Boston, MA / The Boston Opera House
Date TBD – Houston, TX / Venue TBD
Date TBD – Denver, CO / Venue TBD
*Additional Dates / Locations To Be Announced
For more info and to purchase tickets on sale May 4th, visit ReturnOfTheTrilogy.com
Alamo Drafthouse Social Media:
About Alamo Drafthouse
Tim and Karrie League founded Alamo Drafthouse Cinema in 1997 as a single-screen mom and pop repertory theater in Austin. 19 years later, the now 23-location chain has been named “the best theater in America” by Entertainment Weekly and “the best theater in the world” by Wired.com. The Alamo Drafthouse Cinema has built a reputation as a movie lover’s oasis not only by combining food and drink service with the movie-going experience, but also introducing unique programming and high profile, star-studded special events. Alamo Drafthouse Founder & CEO, Tim League, created Fantastic Fest, a world renowned film festival dubbed “The Geek Telluride” by Variety. Fantastic Fest showcases eight days of genre cinema from independents, international filmmakers and major Hollywood studios. The Alamo Drafthouse’s collectible art gallery, Mondo, offers breathtaking, original products featuring designs from world-famous artists based on licenses for popular TV and Movie properties including Star Wars, Star Trek & Universal Monsters. The Alamo Drafthouse Cinema is expanding its brand in new and exciting ways, including Drafthouse Films which has garnered two Academy Award nominations in its short four-year existence and Birth.Movies.Death., an entertainment news blog curated by veteran journalist Devin Faraci.
SOURCE Alamo Drafthouse
For Alamo Drafthouse
For Alamo Drafthouse
240 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Locking Down Security Business (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS® of Rosenberg/Richmond, Texas Now Open (2 views)
- Moran Family of Brands Announces Franchisees of the Year (2 views)
- Home Care Assistance of Pembroke Pines Receives 2017 Best of Home Care® Provider and Employer of Choice Awards (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS® RECOGNIZED FOR OUTSTANDING WEBSITE IN THE 2016 WEBAWARDS COMPETITION (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Real Heroes (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler – Rise 2017 Planned Breakout Sessions (1 views)
- Meet our Sport Clips Team Leader in New Jersey: Ashley Gray (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Columbia Daily Tribune: Private Security Industry Grows in Columbia as Population Rises (1 views)
- Ace Signs of Texas Becomes FASTSIGNS of Killeen (1 views)
- FACES OF THE FASTSIGNS FAMILY – VETERAN’S DAY SPECIAL: LEVI NOGUESS OF FASTSIGNS OF KILLEEN (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security helps college students proactively prevent burglary while they’re away at school. (1 views)
- Tin Drum Asian Kitchen Taps Hot Foodie Trend with New Poke Menu Offerings (1 views)
- Speedpro Imaging’s August 2017 Franchisee In Focus: Shira Kollins, Chicago, Illinois (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler On the Value of the Franchise Group (1 views)