- Sub Headline: New franchise to open in Reno, Nevada in April
- City: Macon
- State: Georgia
- Franchise URL: http://www.ASPFranchising.com
- Listed: March 4, 2016 10:15 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
MACON, GEORGIA (FranchisePOD.com) March 04, 2016 – ASP – America’s Swimming Pool Company recently announced the winner of their veterans program. The program, launched on Veterans Day 2015, was designed to honor the service given to our country by awarding a free pool maintenance franchise. The winner, Miguel Macias, will open his franchise in Reno, Nevada, this coming April.
“As a thank you for the service rendered to our country, ASP is committed to honoring our nation’s veterans by awarding one free pool service franchise each year to a qualified veteran,” said Stewart Vernon, Founder & Chief Executive Officer or ASP. “Though the program just launched in 2015, we are excited to have our first winner, and welcome Macias to the franchising family. We are thankful for the service he has given to our country and know that the skills he learned in the course of that service will prove beneficial in his new endeavor as an ASP owner.”
Macias served in the U.S. Navy for 24 years, 13 of which were spent serving as an HR officer. After being stationed all over the world, Macias retired as a Lieutenant Commander in 2015. When deciding what to do after retirement, he discussed the ASP opportunity with a friend and former ASP employee, and was impressed by the comprehensive program they provide. From his military experience, Macias learned leadership, responsibility and resourcefulness; skills that will directly translate to his work as an ASP pool service franchise owner.
According to Macias, his most remembered military moment was when America was attacked on September 11, 2001. At the time, he was working on a Navy destroyer pierside in Norfolk, VA. After watching the news coverage of the event on TV, the crew was told to get the ship ready to deploy with no further instructions about where they were going or for how long. The crew busily prepared the ship and ended up patrolling in the New York/Boston area.
Before his military service, Macias earned a bachelor’s degree from the University of Houston in management information systems and Italian studies. He also attended the university again while in the service and earned his MBA in Human Resources. Navy service is second nature to the Macias family as his wife is a retired Navy nurse and their oldest daughter is currently serving in the Navy.
Many veterans have a hard time during the transition process from serving in the military to becoming a civilian as military skills are hard to translate directly into business skills. However, the military does prepare you to have the confidence to start something new and make business decisions. Macias says he is “thrilled, excited, and grateful to the team for selecting me. I am very humbled and very blessed to have this gift, and excited to get going!”
The Macias family are excited about their territory and love the active lifestyle that residents lead. Macias hopes that as swimming season draws near that his ASP pool maintenance franchise will be the go to company for the residents of Reno.
About ASP – America’s Swimming Pool Company
ASP launched their veterans program in 2015, and plan to award a free franchise every year to one qualified veteran. As the nation’s leading swimming pool company, ASP is committed to honoring our nation’s veterans and is honored to have them among their ranks.
To learn more about the ASP veterans program, please visit: http://aspfranchising.com/veterans/.
SOURCE ASP – America’s Swimming Pool Company
ASP Franchising, LLC
+1 (478) 254-4495 Ext: 6
247 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (8 views)
- Sport Clips Franchise Opportunities (5 views)
- Signal 88 Sales Training Helps Convert Former Police Officers to Sales People (2 views)
- Hurricane Harvey: How You Can Help (2 views)
- Atlanta Area Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt Franchise (6 views)
- Security 101: Signal 88 Memorial Day Safety Tips (4 views)
- FASTSIGNS® And SpaceView Launch Partnership To Enhance Sales Strategy Through Augmented Reality Visual Experience (3 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Video: Reed Nyffeler –The Role of the Franchisor (3 views)
- E-2 Visa Holders Welcome As Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® Franchisees (3 views)
- Go Burrito Announces Plans to Launch Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Franchise growth, stylist opportunities, philanthropies and awards “Excite” at Sport Clips Haircuts National Huddle (2 views)
- Back Yard Burger Supports Dine Out for No Kid Hungry (2 views)
- Build Your Dream Lineup At Taco John’s® (2 views)
- AAMCO Expanding Brand’s Footprint With 18 New Centers Nationwide (2 views)
- Quaker Steak & Lube® New Entrees and Desserts Combine for a Full-Meal Dining Experience (2 views)