- Franchise URL: http://www.AnnexBrands.com
- Listed: April 22, 2016 10:27 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
April 22, 2016 // FranchisePOD.com // SAN DIEGO, CA – San Diego-based Annex Brands, Inc. announced the acquisition of Pak Mail Centers of America, Inc., franchisor of over 370 Pak Mail ® packaging and shipping franchises across the world.
With this addition, Annex Brands now counts more than 820 franchises located in 43 states, the District of Columbia, Canada, Mexico, and Japan. The company’s existing brands include PostalAnnex+®, Navis Pack & Ship®, AIM Mail Center®, Handle With Care Packaging Store®, Parcel Plus®, Sunshine Pack & Ship®, and Annex Copy Center®.
“This is a monumental acquisition for us, one we’ve been looking forward to for quite a while,” said Jack Lentz, founder, chairman, and CEO of Annex Brands. “We are very excited to be adding this long-standing, successful brand in the pack and ship industry,”
This is the sixth acquisition for Annex Brands since 2006. Lentz commented the company’s growth strategy continues to be a two-pronged approach: sales of new franchises as well as acquisitions. “Each time we’ve completed an acquisition, we’ve found the acquired brand brings something new to the existing brands, and vice versa. It’s even more so with Pak Mail because of its size.”
Annex Brands’ president and CFO Patrick Edd said many of the Pak Mail franchisees not only ship parcels via UPS, FedEx, DHL, and the USPS, but also have significant experience in shipping freight as well, a good fit for Annex Brands’ support system which serves that market with over 80 commercial locations. “Effectively, this acquisition makes Annex Brands, the largest multi-carrier packaging and shipping organization in North America, if not the world.” Edd said. He commented the acquisition fits the company’s vision to “build a franchise network that offers more service to more people in more places.”
Steve Goble, Annex Brands’ vice president of marketing communications added, “The acquisition of Pak Mail ® ramps up the economies of scale and provides significant, additional resources for all our franchisees. It also increases the reach and access for all our customers and carrier partners.”
Alex Zai, former CEO of PMCA, will continue with Annex Brands in a new role. “Bringing these two companies together creates great synergies for both organizations,” said Zai. “As the companies continue to expand on their core business functions of packaging and shipping, the resources and tools they combine will be a great asset for the franchisees of both groups.”
“Pak Mail’s franchisees will gain from additional support, greater opportunities, added resources, and expanded access to experienced team members in the industry. Annex Brands’ franchisees will have new sources of experienced shipping, freight, and international services via Pak Mail’s franchisees. The increased territory coverage created by both organizations will allow the companies and their franchisees to increase market share and provide increased service to their communities.”
Both Annex Brands, Inc. and Pak Mail Centers of America, Inc. are privately owned. No purchase price was disclosed.
About Annex Brands
Annex Brands, Inc., was formerly known as Postal Annex, Inc., founded by Jack and Marty Lentz in 1985 and headquartered in San Diego. After the acquisition of the Handle With Care Packaging Store brand in 2007, the company changed its name to Annex Brands, Inc. to more closely reflect its multi-branded service in the packing, crating, shipping, and business services industry. Each location is an individually owned and operated franchise. Its retail stores offer a one-stop support center for packaging, shipping, postal and office supply needs, including the ability to compare shipping rates with UPS, FedEx, DHL, and USPS shipping. The commercial locations provide custom packaging and shipping solutions for larger, more fragile and valuable items. For more information on the company’s history, services and franchise information, visit www.AnnexBrands.com .
About Pak Mail Centers of America, Inc.
For over 30 years, Pak Mail has provided shipping, crating and freight services for both commercial and residential customers. With more than 370 stores worldwide, Pak Mail is a one-stop source for domestic, international and freight shipping, including services for furniture, art, and antiques. Pak Mail partners with FedEx, UPS, DHL, The U.S. Postal Service and other trusted freight carriers for worry-free delivery. Pak Mail finds the most cost-effective and safest ways to pack and ship items worldwide by air, ocean, or ground. For further information, please visit http://www.pakmail.com.
SOURCE Annex Brands
319 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- BodyLogicMD Transforms Integrative Medicine for Physicians and Patients With Exponential Growth and Expansion (3 views)
- Scooter’s Coffee to Double Presence in Cedar Rapids (3 views)
- Cherry Blow Dry Bar to Expand in New Jersey and Pennsylvania (3 views)
- Go Burrito Announces Plans to Launch Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Anytime Fitness Flexes Development Plans for Alabama (2 views)
- Dallas Cowboys and 7-Eleven Partner on Limited-Edition Collectible Cup (2 views)
- New Cherry Blow Dry Bar Coming to Marlton, NJ (2 views)
- Mosquito Squad Recognized As One Of America’s Fastest Growing Companies By Inc. Magazine For Seventh Consecutive Year (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Targets Veterans to Fulfill Overwhelming Demand (1 views)
- Brightway Insurance Celebrates Ninth Anniversary (1 views)
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers Celebrates 15 Years of Success (1 views)
- Coverall® Appoints New Chief Financial Officer (1 views)
- NEW FASTSIGNS® LOCATION OPENS IN CORAL SPRINGS (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® International, Inc. CEO Catherine Monson to Speak at U.S. Chamber of Commerce Small Business Series (1 views)
- LOCAL FASTSIGNS ANNOUNCES YEARLONG CELEBRATION AND CHARITY CAMPAIGN (1 views)