- Sub Headline: The World's Fastest-Growing Fitness Franchise Will Soon Have Gyms In 30 Countries 100 Gyms Now Open In Japan; New Agreements Reached To Expand Into Sweden And Italy
- City: Stroud
- Country: United Kingdom
- Listed: November 18, 2015 6:54 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
STROUD, England – Nov. 2, 2015 // FranchisePOD.com // – Anytime Fitness, the world’s largest co-ed health club chain will celebrate the opening of its 3000th gym at a ceremony in Stroud, England later this month, while also announcing new agreements to open gyms in Sweden and Italy, along with the opening of the company’s 100th gym in Japan. For the first time in the company’s history, Anytime Fitness’ global expansion is now outpacing the rate of its domestic growth. By the end of 2016, Anytime Fitness gyms will be open in nearly 30 countries.
Recently honored as the #1 “Top Global Franchise” by Entrepreneur magazine, Anytime Fitness (www.anytimefitness.com) opened its 3,000th unit in fewer years (13) than it took other well-known franchises, like McDonald’s (20), Subway (25) and Dunkin’ Donuts (37), to do the same.
The 3,000th club celebration will be attended by Anytime Fitness CEO Chuck Runyon and take place November 24th at a newly-opened gym located 100 miles west of London in the town of Stroud. More than 50 Anytime Fitness gyms are now open in the United Kingdom, 100 in Japan, more than 400 in Australia and a total of nearly 1,000 Anytime Fitness gyms are located outside the United States – in 21 countries as diverse as Qatar, India, China and Spain.
“A very small percentage of U.S.-based franchises can say that nearly one-third of their units are located outside the United States,” said Chuck Runyon, CEO of Anytime Fitness. “It’s proof that our business model is attractive to potential franchisees and consumers worldwide. In fact, 2015 will likely be the first year that we open more gyms internationally than in the U.S.”
In just the past few weeks, Anytime Fitness, LLC signed agreements with master franchisees to begin opening gyms in Sweden and Italy. The company now has franchise agreements in 29 different countries.
“Although our gyms are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, our franchisees love that they can determine their own work schedules, never having to miss important family events,” said Dave Mortensen, President of Anytime Fitness. “Meanwhile, our members like the fact that our gyms feature all of the equipment, programs, classes and support they need to achieve their fitness goals and enjoy healthier, happier lives.”
#1 Top Global Franchise: http://www.entrepreneur.com/franchises/topglobal/index.html.
The very first Anytime Fitness gym opened in Cambridge, MN (45 miles north of Minneapolis) in May of 2002. At the time, it was the only fitness center to offer members 24-hour access – even during unstaffed hours. The company’s founders attribute the rapid growth of the franchise to a focus on convenience, affordability and a friendly, non-intimidating club atmosphere. But, in the years to come, they plan to invest additional resources in array of digital tools to help members achieve their fitness goals.
“We’ll be offering new programs and classes, that’s for sure,” said Runyon. “But we also want our members to be able to rely on our trainers and staff for nutritional and fitness information during the 165 hours each week that they’re not in the gym – not merely the two or three hours each week that they typically exercise in our facilities.”
For information about franchising: www.anytimefitness.com/franchise-opportunities.
About Anytime Fitness
Ranked #1 on Entrepreneur’s prestigious Franchise 500® list, Anytime Fitness is the fastest-growing gym franchise in the world, with 3,000 gyms serving nearly 3,000,000 members on five continents. Open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, Anytime Fitness prides itself on providing its members with convenient fitness options and friendly, personal service in well-maintained facilities which feature top-quality exercise equipment. Gyms are now open in all 50 states, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, England, Scotland, Ireland, Grand Cayman, Poland, the Netherlands, Spain, Qatar, India, Chile, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, Belgium and the Philippines. All franchised gyms are individually owned and operated. Join one gym and use them all.
SOURCE Anytime Fitness
1220 total views, 4 today
Popular Ads Today
- Franchising Entrepreneur John Leonesio Launches Fourth Health, Wellness & Beauty Franchise – Sirius Day Spa (6 views)
- Meet Mark Jameson, FASTSIGNS, Executive Vice President, Franchise Support & Development (5 views)
- Atlanta Area Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt Franchise (5 views)
- Sirius Day Spa Franchise Opportunities (5 views)
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Celebrates 79th Birthday in a Big Way (6 views)
- FASTSIGNS of Kirkland’s Shugarts acquires Stanford Signs in Redmond, WA (6 views)
- CycleBar Franchise Opportunities (6 views)
- Cinnaholic “Rolls” Out First San Diego Location (5 views)
- Something Old, Something New Comes To Richardson With Opening Of Newest Mr. Gatti’s Restaurant (5 views)
- Mother and Son Duo Start Family Business With Signal 88 Security (5 views)
- AAMCO Of Santa Rosa, Calif., Announces New Ownership (5 views)
- Marco’s Pizza® Franchise Launches Veterans Recruitment Program (5 views)
- MILITARY FAMILY RETURNS TO WASHINGTON AND OPENS LOCAL FASTSIGNS BUSINESS (5 views)
- V’s Barbershop Franchise Opportunities (5 views)
- Mason’s Famous Lobster Rolls™ Announces Launch of Franchise Program – Mason’s Makes the Increasingly Popular Lobster Roll Available to Franchisees in Fast Casual Format (5 views)