- City: Manasquan
- State: New Jersey
- Franchise URL: http://www.jerseymikes.com
- Listed: January 27, 2016 6:51 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
January 27, 2016 // FranchisePOD.com // MANASQUAN, N.J. – Jersey Mike’s Subs, known for its authentic fresh sliced/fresh grilled subs, continued its strong growth in 2015, opening 197 new locations around the country, and exceeding the 1,000 unit mark.
Following its successful recipe of deliberate, well-considered expansion, Jersey Mike’s has more than doubled in size in just three years. Started in 1956, the sub chain expects to double in size again by 2019.
“While we’ve seen another year of substantial growth, we remain focused on the right growth – finding franchise partners who are excellent operators and share our passion for serving a ‘sub above,’” said Hoyt Jones, president, Jersey Mike’s Franchise Systems.
Last year, for the second year in a row, the company was named the #1 fastest growing chain in the Nation’s Restaurant News Top 100. Jersey Mike’s was also named the fastest-growing among larger restaurant chains, according to Technomic’s 2015 Top 500 Chain Restaurant Report.
In 2015, Jersey Mike’s continued attracting experienced franchisees, awarding 97 territories representing nearly 200 restaurants. More than 70 percent of the territories awarded went to existing owners, the first time that multi-unit operators outnumbered single-unit franchisees in the Jersey Mike’s system. New territories, including Mobile, Ala., Grand Rapids, Mich., and Albany, NY, came on board.
Jersey Mike’s also continued seeing success with its non-traditional development strategy, awarding and opening its first casino location at the popular Mohegan Sun in Connecticut. The company also opened several university sites on New Jersey campuses. Additionally, in the first half of 2016, Jersey Mike’s expects to open at Orlando International Airport, which joins other travel sites including Newark (NJ) Liberty International Airport, McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport and Amtrak’s 30th Street Station in Philadelphia.
The growth is fueled by passionate Jersey Mike’s fans who crave their subs made Mike’s Way® with the freshest vegetables – onions, lettuce and tomatoes – topped off with an exquisite zing of “the juice” – red wine vinegar and olive oil blended to perfection. Jersey Mike’s premium meats and cheeses are sliced on the spot, piled high on in-store baked bread and served up with a helping of neighborly banter from a dedicated and high-energy team.
CEO Peter Cancro started the company at age 17, before he was even legally able to slice a sub. The company remains committed to making a difference in the communities it serves. Since 2010, Jersey Mike’s locations throughout the country have raised nearly $14 million for worthy local charities and have distributed more than 1.5 million free sub sandwiches to help numerous causes. In 2015, the company’s 5th Annual Jersey Mike’s Month of Giving in March raised more than $3 million for 150 local charities throughout the country.
About Jersey Mike’s
Jersey Mike’s, a fast-casual sub sandwich franchise with more than 1,500 locations open and under development nationwide, believes that making a sub sandwich and making a difference can be one and the same. Jersey Mike’s offers A Sub Above®, serving authentic fresh sliced subs on freshly baked bread – the same recipe it started with in 1956 – and is passionate about giving back to its local communities. For more information, please visit www.jerseymikes.com or follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/jerseymikes) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/jerseymikes).
SOURCE Jersey Mike’s
Splash Communications, LLC
O: (603) 893-1707
M: (917) 838-4500
198 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise: Why Signal 88? (5 views)
- Wetzel’s Pretzels Continues Nontraditional Unit Expansion with Successful Phoenix-Area Walmart Opening (4 views)
- FASTSIGNS INTERNATIONAL, INC. CEO CATHERINE MONSON TO SHARE SUCCESS STRATEGIES AT DALLAS C-SUITE NETWORK CONFERENCE (3 views)
- Jazen Tea Celebrates 5 Years With Free Drinks for a Year (3 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (3 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler On the Value of the Franchise Group (3 views)
- Scooter’s Coffee to Double Presence in Cedar Rapids (2 views)
- Security 101: Signal 88 Memorial Day Safety Tips (2 views)
- AtWork Group Ranked as One of the Largest Staffing Firms in the US (2 views)
- A Flavorful Fall Is Coming to Dunkin’ Donuts this Month (2 views)
- Shane Beard San Diego FASTSIGNS Franchisee Celebrates Over 20 years of Success (2 views)
- Any Lab Test Now Honored For First Time On Prestigious Inc. 5000 List (2 views)
- Buffalo Wild Wings-Owned R Taco Adds Five Locations (2 views)
- Topgolf Aiming for Richmond as 4th Virginia Location (2 views)