- Sub Headline: Brand opened 60 new U.S. restaurants, most since 2008
- City: Atlanta
- State: Georgia
- Franchise URL: http://www.arbys.com/
- Listed: February 1, 2016 5:02 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
February 01, 2016 (FranchisePOD.com) ATLANTA – Arby’s achieved industry-leading system U.S. Same-Store Sales (SSS) growth of 8.1% in 2015 – more than three times the growth rate of a sample of the larger Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) chains*.
In 2015, Arby’s produced record system-wide sales of more than $3.5 billion, and posted the highest 1-year (8.1%), 2-year (13.8%), and 3-year (16.6%) SSS comps for the Arby’s system in more than 20 years. Arby’s has achieved 21 consecutive quarters of SSS growth.
“2015 was a record-setting year for Arby’s,” said Paul Brown, CEO of Arby’s Restaurant Group, Inc. “We are particularly pleased with our significant increase in guest traffic throughout the year. Our industry outperformance in 2015 puts us in a strong position to achieve our 2018 goal of $4 billion in system-wide total sales.”
During 2015, Arby’s opened 69 new restaurants system-wide including 60 new restaurants in the U.S.— the highest number since 2008. This growth was fueled by Arby’s “Menu of Venues” approach to restaurant design, which offers a vibrant array of architectural options to fit into several types of trade areas and retail spaces. The flexible building options include traditional stand-alone restaurants, inline and end-cap with drive-thru formats for suburban shopping centers and even smaller footprint designs for urban city centers, as featured in Arby’s new Manhattan restaurant, which opened in December of 2015.
Other business highlights from the year include:
- Restaurant Revitalization: Arby’s remodeled 179 restaurants system-wide.
- Inspiring Culture and Service: Arby’s continued its focus on guest service culture through its Brand Champ program, reaching nearly 70,000 employees from company-owned and franchised restaurants. Arby’s Brand Champ training is designed to educate, build trust and empower restaurant teams and has been instrumental in efforts to instill a “We Make It Right” service culture. The learning journey begins with an off-site three-hour training experience for all restaurant teams conducted without closing restaurants or inconveniencing guests.
- Corporate Social Responsibility: The Arby’s Foundation’s National Restaurant Fundraiser raised more than $3.7 million to help eliminate childhood hunger in America, bringing the company’s total contribution to $76 million for youth-related causes since 1986. Also, Arby’s became one of the first food service members of the Department of Energy’s Better Building Challenge (other members include Facebook, GE, Starbucks and Walmart). The company has committed to reduce energy consumption by 20% by the year 2020.
“Arby’s has tapped into something special — the right combination of great food, excellent service, and breakthrough marketing — backed by a talented and motivated team and franchise community,” Brown added. “We have unlocked a powerful recipe for success which is resonating with our guests, and our strategy will continue unchanged in 2016 as we continue to look for opportunities to outpace our competition.”
*Source: The NPD Group/SalesTrack® Weekly reports same store sales collected weekly from 45 of the larger QSR chains during Q4 2015 ending December 27, 2015.
Arby’s, founded in 1964, is the first nationally franchised sandwich restaurant brand, with more than 3,300 restaurants worldwide. The Arby’s brand purpose is “Inspiring Smiles Through Delicious Experiences™.” Arby’s® restaurants feature Fast Crafted™ service, a unique blend of quick-serve speed and value combined with the quality and made-for-you care of fast casual. Arby’s Restaurant Group, Inc. is the parent company of the franchisor of the Arby’s brand and is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga. Visit Arbys.com for more information.
With the current growth and momentum of the Brand, Arby’s is actively seeking new franchisees. To learn more about available markets and requirements, visit DiscoverArbys.com.
Christopher Fuller, 678-514-4211
233 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (7 views)
- Sport Clips Franchise Opportunities (6 views)
- Brightway Insurance Celebrates Ninth Anniversary (81 views)
- Always Best Care Announces New Owner Of Burlington Territory (67 views)
- New Cherry Blow Dry Bar Coming to Marlton, NJ (60 views)
- Tin Drum Asian Kitchen Taps Hot Foodie Trend with New Poke Menu Offerings (58 views)
- A Flavorful Fall Is Coming to Dunkin’ Donuts this Month (57 views)
- Anytime Fitness Flexes Development Plans for Alabama (57 views)
- Pizza Factory Scores Big with San Jose Sharks Partnership (55 views)
- Cousins Subs® Makes It Better In Communities Across Wisconsin (52 views)
- New Wag N’ Wash in Redmond Part of 15-Store Expansion Plan (49 views)
- GYMGUYZ Launches International Expansion with First Canadian Franchise Agreements (45 views)
- Dallas Cowboys and 7-Eleven Partner on Limited-Edition Collectible Cup (43 views)
- Weight Watchers® And The American Cancer Society® Team Up To Showcase The Power Of Community Through Project L.I.F.T. (39 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Targets Veterans to Fulfill Overwhelming Demand (7 views)