- Sub Headline: The No Kid Hungry America Bus Tour stops in the Nashville area at Back Yard Burgers located in Franklin, TN to offer free burgers to anyone donating to No Kid Hungry. Funds raise will help the 1 in 6 children facing hunger in America.
- Listed: August 28, 2017 11:17 am
- Expires: 222 days, 3 hours
Back Yard Burger Supports Dine Out for No Kid Hungry
NASHVILLE, TN (FranchisePOD.com) August 28, 2017 – More than 11,000 restaurants across America, including Nashville-based Back Yard Burgers, will support Dine Out in September for No Kid Hungry. The No Kid Hungry America Bus Tour stops in the Nashville area at Back Yard Burgers located in Franklin, TN which will offer free burgers to anyone donating to No Kid Hungry. Funds raise will help the 1 in 6 children facing hunger in America.
The Dine Out for No Kid Hungry school bus tour kicked off in New York on August 21 and ends in Los Angeles on September 13, holding events in cities along the way to highlight how and where you can dine out and make your meal count for kids. All September, when guests eat at a No Kid Hungry partner restaurant, from popular chains to local mom-and-pops, they can donate in exchange for money-saving rewards. Every $1 donated connects a child to 10 meals through No Kid Hungry’s programs and partnerships. Last year, this nationwide restaurant fundraiser generated more than 900 million meals for kids.
The No Kid Hungry Bus Tour will be stopping at the Back Yard Burgers in the Nashville area at the Franklin restaurant located at 1015 Center Pointe Place on Monday, August 28 from 1 to 3 p.m. David McDougall, CEO of BYB and board member of NKH Dine Out and Muhsin Muhammad, former wide receiver for the Chicago Bears and Charlotte Panthers and now a partner in Axum Capital Partners who recently bought Back Yard Burgers will be grilling burgers and serving guests.
“We have an obligation to come together as a community to help our kids succeed in school and beyond,” said Dave McDougall, CEO of Back Yard Burgers, a long-time Dine Out for No Kid Hungry partner. “When 3 out of 4 teachers are regularly seeing kids come to school hungry and more than half of teachers are buying food out of their own paychecks for their students, the time to act is now.”
McDougall is citing new data from No Kid Hungry’s “Hunger in Our Schools” report, released August 3, that highlights how 95% of teachers believe hunger impacts their student’s ability to succeed; 77% directly correlate hunger with poor academic performance.
Another component this year’s Dine Out for No Kid Hungry taps into is the injustice felt by teachers, parents and particularly students – 41% of teens surveyed feel angry about the state of hunger in schools. The school bus tour will feature a social media challenge to redefine “hangry” with a new, more serious message – that we are angry that kids are going hungry.
“There’s a strong sense of ‘It shouldn’t be like this in America,’ but not always a clear way to help,” says Diana Hovey, Senior Vice President at No Kid Hungry. “Eating out is something people are already doing, and if you can make your meal count for kids at the same time, it’s an easy way to make an immediate difference.”
Join the Dine Out for No Kid Hungry tour in New York, Washington, D.C., Atlanta, Nashville, Dallas, Denver, Phoenix, San Diego and Los Angeles. Follow the bus and find a restaurant near you at NoKidHungry.org.
About No Kid Hungry
No child should go hungry in America, but 1 in 6 kids will face hunger this year. Using proven, practical solutions, No Kid Hungry is ending childhood hunger today by ensuring that kids start the day with a nutritious breakfast, eat healthy summer meals, and families learn the skills they need to shop and cook on a budget. When we all work together, we can make sure kids get the healthy food they need. No Kid Hungry is a campaign of national anti-hunger organization Share Our Strength. Join us NoKidHungry.org.
About Back Yard Burgers
Founded in 1987 in Cleveland, MS, Back Yard Burgers is a fast casual, better-burger concept that takes pride in their uncompromising commitment to “providing custom, flame-grilled variety with care.” The company’s franchise partners and employees are passionate about offering the freshest ingredients, allowing their guests to customize their meals and to serving the same high-quality food that they would offer at home to their own family. Along with offering made-to-order gourmet Angus burgers, Back Yard Burgers’ menu includes delicious grilled chicken sandwiches, fresh and creative salads, hand-dipped milkshakes, and freshly baked desserts. Today the franchise brand operates 55 locations, including 23-company owned and 32 franchised restaurants in 11 states. In the last few years, Back Yard Burgers is has raised $171,000 for Share Our Strength – No Kid Hungry, whose goal is to end childhood hunger in America. http://www.backyardburgers.com
Hartman Public Relations, LLC
+1 678 399 3335
SOURCE Back Yard Burgers
311 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Targets Veterans to Fulfill Overwhelming Demand (2 views)
- Security 101: Signal 88 Memorial Day Safety Tips (2 views)
- World-Famous Donut Bar to Offer Exclusive Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- NEW FASTSIGNS® LOCATION OPENS IN CORAL SPRINGS (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS INTERNATIONAL, INC. CEO CATHERINE MONSON NAMED IN TOP 20 FACES OF FRANCHISING (2 views)
- AAMCO Expanding Brand’s Footprint With 18 New Centers Nationwide (1 views)
- The Patrol Difference from Signal 88 Security (1 views)
- Mother and Son Duo Start Family Business With Signal 88 Security (1 views)
- Club Pilates Named America’s Fourth Fastest-Growing Company by Inc. Magazine (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Recruiting Franchisees to Drive Aggressive Growth During International Franchise Expo in New York City June 15-17 (1 views)
- Tropical Smoothie Cafe Signs 100th Franchise Agreement Of 2017 (1 views)
- Local franchisees recognized for charitable giving (1 views)
- Back Yard Burger Supports Dine Out for No Kid Hungry (1 views)
- LOCAL FASTSIGNS ANNOUNCES YEARLONG CELEBRATION AND CHARITY CAMPAIGN (1 views)