- Sub Headline: Better Burger Brand to Join Forces with Franchisees with $50,000 Fundraising Goal for Spring Campaign
- Franchise URL: http://www.backyardburgers.com
- Listed: April 6, 2016 9:12 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
NASHVILLE, TENN. (FranchisePOD.com) April 05, 2016 – Back Yard Burgers, the better burger restaurant, is proud to once again partner with No Kid Hungry in a commitment to raise funds to help in the fight against childhood hunger. The brand’s spring Dine Out for No Kid Hungry drive launched on April 4, 2016 and will continue through National Hamburger Month in May.
Back Yard Burgers has set out to raise at least $50,000 for No Kid Hungry during the spring drive, with each of the brand’s restaurants pledging to raise at least $1,000 for the cause. All Back Yard Burgers restaurants will also be competing with each other to see who can raise the most money for No Kid Hungry in the shortest amount of time, and guests who donate at least $5 will receive a free milkshake at participating local restaurants. Every dollar donated can create up to 10 meals for hungry children.
“No Kid Hungry’s campaign is one that can’t be ignored,” said David McDougall, chief executive officer of Back Yard Burgers, who personally met with lawmakers on Capitol Hill last year in an attempt to spread the word about the importance of access to food for children in need. “No child should ever have to worry about when their next meal will be or where it will come from. Back Yard Burgers is committed to giving back to our local communities, and we’re proud to partner with such an amazing organization like No Kid Hungry in our efforts to make a difference.”
According to Share Our Strength, the nonprofit organization behind the No Kid Hungry campaign, a staggering one in five American children struggles with hunger. Since 1984, Share Our Strength has raised more than $604 million through corporate sponsorships, events and donations. During that same time frame, funds have been granted to more than 1,100 organizations nationwide that are effectively helping to feed kids.
“Partnering with brands like Back Yard Burgers is an important step toward accomplishing our goal of ending child hunger in America,” said Diana Hovey, Senior Director of Share Our Strength’s Dine Out For No Kid Hungry campaign. “The money our partners raise and the resources they provide enable us to get healthy food and critical nutrition to children in need.”
Life Skills for Youth in Little Rock, Ark. is one of many organizations that No Kid Hungry supports. Coach Larry Clark established the Life Skills for Youth program in 2007 to help provide structured after-school and summer programs for kids. Through the program, thousands of children have been put on the path to success, eating nutritious meals while learning lessons about how to improve their personal health, better deal with anger issues and more effectively manage their time and money. Back Yard Burgers has been proud to become involved with Life Skills for Youth through its local franchise owner Josh Powell.
“I’m confident Back Yard Burgers will help make a real difference during this spring campaign because our franchisees are fully invested in No Kid Hungry’s mission,” McDougall said. “The organization has given so many children access to healthy meals, and Back Yard Burgers is committed to doing its part in order to make No Kid Hungry’s vision of ending childhood hunger a reality.”
About Back Yard Burgers
Back Yard Burgers is a fast casual, better-burger concept that takes pride in their uncompromising commitment to “providing custom, flame-grilled variety with care.” The company’s franchise partners and employees are passionate about offering the freshest ingredients, allowing their guests to customize their meals and to serving the same high-quality food that they would offer at home to their own family. Along with offering made-to-order gourmet Angus burgers, Back Yard Burgers’ menu includes delicious grilled chicken sandwiches, fresh and creative salads, hand-dipped milkshakes, and freshly baked desserts. Today the franchise brand operates 60 locations in 13 states.
For franchising opportunities visit: http://www.backyardburgers.com/franchising.
About Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry® Campaign
No child should go hungry in America, but 1 in 5 kids will face hunger this year. Using proven, practical solutions, No Kid Hungry is ending childhood hunger today by ensuring that kids start the day with a nutritious breakfast and families learn the skills they need to shop and cook on a budget. When we all work together, we can make sure kids get the healthy food they need. No Kid Hungry is a campaign of national anti-hunger organization Share Our Strength. Join us at NoKidHungry.org.
SOURCE Back Yard Burgers
No Limit Agency
+1 (312) 526-3996
179 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise: Why Signal 88? (5 views)
- Wetzel’s Pretzels Continues Nontraditional Unit Expansion with Successful Phoenix-Area Walmart Opening (4 views)
- FASTSIGNS INTERNATIONAL, INC. CEO CATHERINE MONSON TO SHARE SUCCESS STRATEGIES AT DALLAS C-SUITE NETWORK CONFERENCE (3 views)
- Jazen Tea Celebrates 5 Years With Free Drinks for a Year (3 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (3 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler On the Value of the Franchise Group (3 views)
- Scooter’s Coffee to Double Presence in Cedar Rapids (2 views)
- Security 101: Signal 88 Memorial Day Safety Tips (2 views)
- AtWork Group Ranked as One of the Largest Staffing Firms in the US (2 views)
- A Flavorful Fall Is Coming to Dunkin’ Donuts this Month (2 views)
- Shane Beard San Diego FASTSIGNS Franchisee Celebrates Over 20 years of Success (2 views)
- Any Lab Test Now Honored For First Time On Prestigious Inc. 5000 List (2 views)
- Buffalo Wild Wings-Owned R Taco Adds Five Locations (2 views)
- Topgolf Aiming for Richmond as 4th Virginia Location (2 views)