- Sub Headline: Two Leading Stir-Fry Concepts Join Forces to Fuel Fast-Growing Segment
- City: Burnsville
- State: Minnesota
- Franchise URL: http://www.GoMongo.com
- Listed: February 1, 2016 12:11 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
BURNSVILLE, Minn. – February 01, 2016 – (FranchisePOD.com) – Create-your-own stir-fry restaurant bd’s Mongolian Grill announced today that its ownership group has purchased fast-casual Asian chain Flat Top Grill.
“Asian concepts are one of the fastest growing segments in the restaurant industry, especially those that allow guests to customize, create, and be in control of their dining experience,” said Joe Phraner, President and COO of bd’s Mongolian Grill. “Bringing together these two great brands creates a new synergy with tremendous opportunity, which we look forward to developing in the coming months.”
Flat Top Grill and bd’s Mongolian Grill will maintain their names and individual concepts, and the bd’s operations and marketing teams will now support both restaurants. Phraner, who took over as bd’s President in 2012 after spending five years prior with the company’s affiliate, will lead both companies. Flat Top Grill’s current management team will continue in their positions.
“bd’s Mongolian Grill and Flat Top Grill have more than 40 years of collective restaurant experience throughout the Midwest and we are confident the two concepts can look to each other’s strengths and best practices,” added Phraner. “We believe this acquisition will lead to strong top-line sales, increased guest satisfaction and future growth for the restaurants.”
About bd’s Mongolian Grill
bd’s Mongolian Grill first opened in 1992 in Royal Oak, Mich., offering a fun and unique dining experience. bd’s encourages guests to “Stir It Up, Your Way,” allowing guests to build their own stir-fry with “Always Market Fresh” ingredients. bd’s offers a variety of choice meats and seafood, veggies and flavor-packed sauces, all freshly cooked (Mongolian-style) on a large, flat top grill. The chain has 28 restaurants. Twenty-seven locations are based domestically in 11 states, including 11 company-owned and 16 franchise restaurants. In addition, there is one franchise location in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. To learn more about bd’s Mongolian Grill, visit www.GoMongo.com.
About Flat Top Grill: They Grow It, You Pick It, We Cook It
Inspired by the open-air fresh market grills of Asia, Flat Top Grill opened its first location on the north side of Chicago in September 1995. They believe each meal should be memorable. Feisty flavors. Stand-up-and-shout textures with ingredients so fresh, your momma will smack them. Customers choose from fresh vegetables and protein while an enthusiastic Flat Top team member prepares the meal precisely to their tastes and preferences, whether paleo, vegan, nut-allergic, gluten-free or just plain hungry. For more information visit www.flattopgrill.com.
SOURCE bd’s Mongolian Grill
Fishman Public Relations
155 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (1 views)
- Wetzel’s Pretzels Continues Nontraditional Unit Expansion with Successful Phoenix-Area Walmart Opening (4 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise: Why Signal 88? (4 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler On the Value of the Franchise Group (3 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (3 views)
- FASTSIGNS INTERNATIONAL, INC. CEO CATHERINE MONSON TO SHARE SUCCESS STRATEGIES AT DALLAS C-SUITE NETWORK CONFERENCE (2 views)
- Topgolf Aiming for Richmond as 4th Virginia Location (2 views)
- Jazen Tea Celebrates 5 Years With Free Drinks for a Year (2 views)
- Security 101: Signal 88 Memorial Day Safety Tips (2 views)
- AtWork Group Ranked as One of the Largest Staffing Firms in the US (2 views)
- Buffalo Wild Wings-Owned R Taco Adds Five Locations (2 views)
- Scooter’s Coffee to Double Presence in Cedar Rapids (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Seeks Franchisees At Annual NPOA Conference February 2-4 (1 views)
- Moran Family of Brands Announces Franchisees of the Year (1 views)
- AAMCO Expanding Brand’s Footprint With 18 New Centers Nationwide (1 views)