- Sub Headline: Dr. Tina Bacon-DeFrece Appointed President and COO of Big Frog Franchise Group
- City: Dunedin
- State: Florida
- Franchise URL: http://www.bigfrog.com
- Listed: January 19, 2016 12:51 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
DUNEDIN, Fla., January 19, 2016 –(FranchisePOD.com)–Big Frog Custom T-Shirts & More®, a locally-owned, high-technology garment decorating franchise where customers have the freedom to design their own apparel, has announced the appointment of Dr. Tina Bacon-DeFrece from executive vice president to president of the Big Frog Franchise Group by Big Frog co-founder and CEO, Leeward Bean.
The announcement was issued by Bean during his “State of the FROG Address” at the 2016 annual FROG-A-Thon (franchise convention), laying the groundwork for continued company double digit growth. Big Frog experienced a growth rate of 31 percent in 2015 over 2014, and increased system-side sales by more than $9 million in the past 24 months.
Currently responsible for strategic planning and tactical development for all aspects of the Big Frog brand, Dr. Bacon-DeFrece will now oversee all operations, marketing, franchise relations, administration, finance and accounting. Bean will maintain his position as CEO, focusing his attention on strategic planning and direction, franchise development, information technology and strategic alliances.
“I have worked with Tina for nearly 20 years and quickly realized her keen sense for business and true understanding of the fundamentals of what it takes to build one successfully,” said Bean. “At age 67, it is time for me to look for a successor, and I am extremely confident that she will excel as much in this position as she has in all others to date.”
With a bachelor’s degree and Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering from the University of South Florida, Dr. Bacon-DeFrece was a research director for a multimillion dollar scientific instrument company prior to helping develop the Big Frog brand, working with Bean at Ocean Optics, Inc. Her scientific background brings a fresh perspective to the “science of business.”
“I am thrilled to accept this position from a dear friend and colleague whom I deeply respect, and look forward to helping grow the Big Frog brand through my new role,” Bacon-DeFrece said. “I love helping people take charge of their own destiny through franchising, and am excited to continue doing so on a bigger scale.”
Big Frog provides its franchisees a fun business that is easy to learn and operate, and offers owners a terrific lifestyle working daylight hours five and a half days a week. The Big Frog brand puts an emphasis on making every environment, from the corporate office to each individual retail location, a fun and exciting place to work – citing the retail locations’ theme as a mix between George of the Jungle and The Jetsons. Big Frog’s main objective is creating a value-added experience for customers, and that starts by creating a value-added experience for the franchisees, Bean said.
Since opening its first franchised location in 2009, Big Frog has grown exponentially. With more than 65 locations open in 22 states and nine locations in different stages of development, the retailer is on track to have 80 stores operating by year’s end. With little to no local competition, Bean believes that North America will be home to 300 Big Frog stores by 2020. Franchisees have seen roaring success as well, with the average unit volume growing 217 percent over the last five years.
To learn more about franchising with Big Frog, visit http://www.bigfrogfranchise.com/.
About Big Frog
Launched in 2008, Big Frog Custom T-Shirts & More® is a franchise concept specializing in custom decorated apparel with over 65 locations nationwide. Big Frog looks to become the world leader in the $50 billion garment decorating industry. Each individually owned shop uses unique technology that brings imagination to life with endless design opportunities on T-shirts, sports shirts, tank tops, sweatshirts, hoodies, bandanas, onesies, dog clothes, jackets, mouse pads, sports gear, tote bags and more. For more information about Big Frog Custom T-Shirts & More and franchising opportunities visit www.bigfrog.com.
Fishman Public Relations
Elida Coseri, (847) 945-1300
194 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise: Why Signal 88? (5 views)
- Wetzel’s Pretzels Continues Nontraditional Unit Expansion with Successful Phoenix-Area Walmart Opening (4 views)
- FASTSIGNS INTERNATIONAL, INC. CEO CATHERINE MONSON TO SHARE SUCCESS STRATEGIES AT DALLAS C-SUITE NETWORK CONFERENCE (3 views)
- Jazen Tea Celebrates 5 Years With Free Drinks for a Year (3 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (3 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler On the Value of the Franchise Group (3 views)
- Scooter’s Coffee to Double Presence in Cedar Rapids (2 views)
- Security 101: Signal 88 Memorial Day Safety Tips (2 views)
- AtWork Group Ranked as One of the Largest Staffing Firms in the US (2 views)
- A Flavorful Fall Is Coming to Dunkin’ Donuts this Month (2 views)
- Shane Beard San Diego FASTSIGNS Franchisee Celebrates Over 20 years of Success (2 views)
- Any Lab Test Now Honored For First Time On Prestigious Inc. 5000 List (2 views)
- Buffalo Wild Wings-Owned R Taco Adds Five Locations (2 views)
- Topgolf Aiming for Richmond as 4th Virginia Location (2 views)