- Sub Headline: Corporate alliance between Black Bear Diner and Make-A-Wish has helped grant 135 wishes.
- City: Redding
- State: California
- Franchise URL: http://www.blackbeardiner.com
- Listed: February 10, 2016 2:33 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
REDDING, CA (FranchisePOD.com) February 10, 2016 – Black Bear Diner, an award-winning family dining concept with 75 units across eight western states, is proud to announce that it eclipsed the $1 million fundraising mark to support Make-A-Wish® and its mission to grant wishes to children with life-threatening medical conditions. The partnership between Black Bear Diner and Make-A-Wish began in 2008, and the money fundraised to date has helped grant more than 135 wishes.
“The entire Black Bear Diner family – from the corporate team, to our franchisees, to our guests –rallies behind our annual fundraiser for Make-A-Wish,” said Bruce Dean, co-founder of Black Bear Diner. “We’re proud that together we achieved a significant fundraising milestone, but we’re more proud that each dollar raised went to improving the lives and spirits of so many children.”
The idea to raise funds for Make-A-Wish was sparked by a Black Bear Diner franchisee in 2008 and soon morphed into a company-wide, month-long initiative that engages Black Bear Diner restaurants to raise money during the month of December. To participate in the “Save Room For A Wish®” dessert fundraiser, guests simply save a little room for a special dessert. For each pie, cake or cobbler ordered, Black Bear Diner donates $1 to Make-A-Wish. Guests could also purchase a $1 or $5 wish star.
“We join Black Bear Diner in celebrating this momentous milestone,” said David Williams, president and CEO of Make-A-Wish America. “We are honored to have Black Bear Diner’s continued support in helping make wishes come true for children battling serious illnesses.”
This year’s “Save Room For A Wish” fundraiser generated $220,155, easily helping eclipse the $1 million mark. The grand total raised to date by Black Bear Diner for Make-A-Wish since 2008 is $1,183,176.
About Black Bear Diner
Founded in Mt. Shasta, California in 1995 by Bruce Dean and partners Bob and Laurie Manley, Black Bear Diner was born from a desire to bring home-style comfort food classics and personal service back to the dining experience. The family dining concept offers a vast menu anchored on hearty portions and excellent value. The franchise has grown to 75 locations in eight western states. Black Bear Diner is consistently recognized as one of the fastest growing chains in the nation. For a full menu and additional information, please visithttp://www.blackbeardiner.com.
Make-A-Wish grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy. According to a 2011 U.S. study of wish impact, most health professionals surveyed believe a wish-come-true has positive impacts on the health of children. Kids say wishes give them renewed strength to fight their illness, and their parents say these experiences help strengthen the entire family. Headquartered in Phoenix, Make-A-Wish is one of the world’s leading children’s charities, serving children in every community in the United States and its territories. With the help of generous donors and more than 28,000 volunteers, Make-A-Wish grants a wish somewhere in the country every 35 minutes. It has granted more than 270,000 wishes since its inception in 1980; more than 14,800 in 2015 alone. Visit Make-A-Wish at http://www.wish.org to learn more.
SOURCE Black Bear Diner
Black Bear Diner
341 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Sales Training Helps Convert Former Police Officers to Sales People (2 views)
- Sport Clips Haircut Franchise Markets Available By State (1 views)
- An Interview with Signal 88 Co-Founder Reed Nyffeler (1 views)
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (1 views)
- How This U.S. Veteran Thrived as a Signal 88 Franchisee (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- Signal 88 Locking Down Security Business (1 views)
- SIGNAL 88 OFFICER OF THE MONTH FEBRUARY, BRENDON BENSON (1 views)
- E-2 Visa Holders Welcome As Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® Franchisees (1 views)
- School Of Rock Names Anthony Padulo Chief Development Officer (1 views)
- Moran Family of Brands Announces Franchisees of the Year (1 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (1 views)
- World-Famous Donut Bar to Offer Exclusive Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- Build Your Dream Lineup At Taco John’s® (1 views)
- VaporFi Continues Expansion with Seven Store Openings in Atlanta (1 views)