- Sub Headline: The rapidly expanding family dining chain will open up four restaurants by the end of 2015, bringing the unit count to 74.
- City: Redding
- State: California
- Listed: November 19, 2015 8:21 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
November 05, 2015 // FranchisePOD.com // REDDING, Calif. – Black Bear Diner, the award-winning family dining concept headquartered in Redding, California announced today that it will open up four more restaurants in the western half of the United States by the end of 2015, increasing the concept’s footprint to 74 total units. The brand has a goal of 100 units by 2018; it has opened up two franchised and two corporate locations already in 2015.
“We’re seeing strong investment in the brand on both the corporate and franchise side,” said Doug Branigan, vice president of franchising for Black Bear Diner. “The brand is resonating in new and existing markets and we are comfortable with letting the brand evolve slowly and steadily in these markets and beyond.”
Black Bear Diner has experienced increased same-store-sales over the last 19 quarters and the brand growth is being fueled by a mix of new and existing franchisees in existing markets, as well as new corporate stores in newer markets. In 2016, the brand is projected to open up 14 new units – eight corporate locations and six franchised locations.
“We’re staying true to our philosophy of slow and steady growth,” said Bruce Dean, co-founder of Black Bear Diner. “We still have an eye towards the east, but we’ve become very adept at leveraging our franchisee and corporate resources to infill western communities that are clamoring to have a Black Bear Diner restaurant.”
To close out the year, Black Bear Diner will open up restaurants in Colorado Spring, CO, Danville, CA, Elk Grove, CA and Vancouver, WA. The Colorado Springs, Elk Grove and Vancouver locations will be owned and operated by existing franchisees; the Danville location is owned and operated by a new franchisee.
“We’re truly humbled by the growth,” continued Dean. “But more importantly, we’re humbled by the excitement and buzz we receive when we announce new stores. As we expand, it’s our job to sustain that level of excitement by delivering the comfort food classics, personal service and homey atmosphere that have become synonymous with Black Bear Diner.”
Black Bear Diner is an award-winning family dining concept offering bear-sized food portions at an excellent value, with locations spread across eight western states. All Black Bear Diner restaurants feature a unique bear-inspired and log-cabin theme, designed to remind guests of time when life was a little simpler and service and quality were the cornerstones of business.
About Black Bear Diner
Founded in Mt. Shasta, California in 1995 by Bruce Dean and partners Bob and Laurie Manley, Black Bear Diner was born from a desire to bring home-style comfort food classics and personal service back to the dining experience. The family dining concept offers a vast menu anchored on hearty portions and excellent value. The franchise has grown to 71 locations in eight western states.
SOURCE Black Bear Diner
152 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- FASTSIGNS Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Hurricane Harvey: How You Can Help (3 views)
- Sport Clips Haircut Franchise Markets Available By State (2 views)
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers Celebrates 15 Years of Success (7 views)
- Back Yard Burger Supports Dine Out for No Kid Hungry (5 views)
- BodyLogicMD Transforms Integrative Medicine for Physicians and Patients With Exponential Growth and Expansion (4 views)
- Fajita Pete’s Continues Franchising Development Throughout Texas (3 views)
- BumperDoc Franchises Featured in Fender Bender’s MSO Project (3 views)
- Smashburger’s New Triple Double Cheeseburger Irks California’s Giant In-N-Out Burger (3 views)
- Topgolf Aiming for Richmond as 4th Virginia Location (3 views)
- The Loop Pizza Grill Opens New Jacksonville Location (3 views)
- Local Entrepreneur Opens Beeline Bikes in San Antonio (2 views)
- World-Famous Donut Bar to Offer Exclusive Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Black Bear Diner Reaches Milestone With Opening of 100th Restaurant (2 views)
- Woody’s Bar-B-Q® Heads North to Bring a Taste of the South to the Empire State (2 views)