- Sub Headline: Company & Franchise winners honored following Bojangles’ 19th-Annual biscuit-making competition.
- City: Charlotte
- State: North Carolina
- Listed: November 23, 2015 4:32 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
November 23, 2015 // FranchisePOD.com // CHARLOTTE, N.C. – The Bojangles’ (NASDAQ:BOJA) made-from-scratch buttermilk biscuit, baked fresh every 20 minutes, is an icon. Southeastern locals crave the simplicity of a hot, fresh Bojangles’ buttermilk biscuit, while out-of-towners count down the days until they can again experience the wonders of a Bojangles’ biscuit. The biscuit is so important to Bojangles’ broad menu of home-style favorites that each year the company holds an internal biscuit-making competition, the Master Biscuit Maker Challenge.
The prestigious competition begins every summer with Bojangles’ certified biscuit makers rolling dough in local communities involving more than 600 Bojangles’ restaurants across the Southeast, and concludes with the final round in the Research and Development Kitchen at the Bojangles’ Support Center in Charlotte, N.C. Following this year’s competition, Roger Hudson, Jr. of Boiling Springs, N.C., was named Master Biscuit Maker representing Bojangles’ company-owned restaurants, while Royce Vereen of Myrtle Beach, S.C. was awarded the honor for Bojangles’ franchised locations.
To download a 1-minute B-roll segment on Bojangles’ Master Biscuit Maker Competition, please visit:https://bojangles.box.com/s/4kn9jvjeghvip8tksqefje142jzyayuu
For additional photos on the Master Biscuit Maker Competition, please visit: https://sethmedia.smugmug.com/Bojangles-Gallery/MBMMEDIARELEASE/n-FDXqhh/ To save a photo, click on the image, then right-click and save.
“At Bojangles’ we are very proud of all of our menu items, but for us, it all starts with the biscuit,” said Bojangles’ President and CEO, Clifton Rutledge. “Our fans know there’s nothing like the taste of a delicious, made-from-scratch Bojangles’ biscuit. We have been baking the perfect biscuit for our customers all day, every day for years, and the Master Biscuit Maker Challenge is the ideal competition to ensure we continue serving our customers nothing but the very best. I personally want to congratulate Roger and Royce on earning this prestigious award, and we’re proud to call them our Bojangles’ Master Biscuit Maker Champions.”
As champions, Hudson and Vereen will each take home a $2,500 cash prize, a championship trophy, company-wide recognition and bragging rights as the 2015 Master Biscuit Maker Champions. Additionally, all finalists will receive a $250 cash prize and a trophy.
Master Biscuit Maker finalists, including eight from company-owned locations and ten from franchise-owned restaurants, were first required to take a written exam on the proprietary Bojangles’ biscuit-making process. Then, team members prepared a batch of biscuits that adhere to Bojangles’ strict specifications, including the company’s signature 48-step process. Judges from Bojangles’ Support Center score biscuits based on a variety of factors, including appearance, color, and of course, taste.
This year’s finalists included:
Heather Sparrow, Store #910, Lumberton, N.C.
Marcelina Ramirez, Store #763, Wilmington, N.C.
Aaron Montalvo, Store #752, Charlotte, N.C.
Roger Hudson, Store #940, Boiling Springs, N.C.
Trisha White, Store #156, Winston-Salem, N.C.
Christian Pinchera, Store #864, Granite Falls, N.C.
Andrea Simpson, Store #790, Clinton, S.C.
Chandrea Stephens, Store #914, Oxford, Ala.
Diane Daniels, Store #1180, Columbus, Ga.
Royce Vereen, Store #780, Myrtle Beach, S.C.
Edith Chavez Nava, Store #685, Yadkinville, N.C.
Pike Davis, Store #1089, Marion, N.C.
Luis Santos, Store #791, Marietta, Ga.
Amber Ware, Store #10, Elberton, Ga.
Brian Delos Santos, Store #1014, Suffolk, Va.
Clayton Newport, Store #1213, Knoxville, Tn.
Ricky McQuillar, Store #86, Florence, S.C.
Nikki Smalls, Store #1041, Beaufort, S.C.
To test your biscuit-making knowledge and learn more about Bojangles’ made-from-scratch biscuit menu items, visitwww.bojanglesbiscuits.com. For more information about Bojangles’, please visit www.bojangles.com.
About Bojangles’, Inc.
Bojangles’, Inc. is a highly differentiated and growing restaurant operator and franchisor dedicated to serving customers high-quality, crave-able food made from our Southern recipes. Founded in 1977 in Charlotte, NC, Bojangles’ serves menu items such as delicious, famous chicken, made-from-scratch buttermilk biscuits, flavorful fixin’s and Legendary Iced Tea®. At September 27, 2015, Bojangles’ had 657 system-wide restaurants, of which 274 were company-operated and 383 were franchised restaurants, primarily located in the Southeastern United States. For more information, visit www.bojangles.com or follow Bojangles’ on Facebook and Twitter.
This press release contains forward-looking statements. All statements other than statements of historical fact included in this press release are forward-looking statements. These statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve a number of known and unknown risks, assumptions, trends, uncertainties and factors that are beyond our control. Should one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize or should underlying assumptions prove incorrect, actual results may vary materially from those anticipated, estimated or projected. We undertake no obligations to update or revise publicly any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise than as required under the federal securities laws.
SOURCE Bojangles’, Inc.
847.945.1300, ext. 240
173 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise: Why Signal 88? (5 views)
- Wetzel’s Pretzels Continues Nontraditional Unit Expansion with Successful Phoenix-Area Walmart Opening (4 views)
- FASTSIGNS INTERNATIONAL, INC. CEO CATHERINE MONSON TO SHARE SUCCESS STRATEGIES AT DALLAS C-SUITE NETWORK CONFERENCE (3 views)
- Jazen Tea Celebrates 5 Years With Free Drinks for a Year (3 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (3 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler On the Value of the Franchise Group (3 views)
- Scooter’s Coffee to Double Presence in Cedar Rapids (2 views)
- Security 101: Signal 88 Memorial Day Safety Tips (2 views)
- Shane Beard San Diego FASTSIGNS Franchisee Celebrates Over 20 years of Success (2 views)
- Any Lab Test Now Honored For First Time On Prestigious Inc. 5000 List (2 views)
- AtWork Group Ranked as One of the Largest Staffing Firms in the US (2 views)
- Topgolf Aiming for Richmond as 4th Virginia Location (2 views)
- A Flavorful Fall Is Coming to Dunkin’ Donuts this Month (2 views)
- Buffalo Wild Wings-Owned R Taco Adds Five Locations (2 views)