- Franchise URL: http://www.BoosterJuice.com
- Listed: June 7, 2016 9:11 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
EDMONTON, AB (FranchisePOD.com) June 06, 2016 – Booster Juice locations across Canada are currently selling smoothie and juice combos to benefit The Mike Weir Foundation. From June 1 – 25, 2016 Franchise Partners will donate $1 from every combo sold to The Mike Weir Foundation. Booster Juice has committed to donating $160,000 this month.
Dale S. Wishewan, President and CEO of Booster Juice attended the 10th Annual Mike Weir Miracle Golf Drive For Kids on June 6, 2016, where he presented Mike Weir with a cheque for our commitment.
“It is a wonderful feeling to know that our Franchise Partners are committed to raising contributions and awareness for such an inspiring foundation” said Dale S. Wishewan. He added, “We are excited to see the positive effects this donation will have on the community through the dedicated team at The Mike Weir Foundation.”
The Mike Weir Foundation has been established and exists to support children’s wellness — emotional, educational and physical wellness. Through the support of many generous donors, small specialized charities and large children’s hospitals have benefitted from the efforts and giving of the Foundation. “I am excited to announce the $160,000 donation from Booster Juice. Thanks to Dale Wishewan and all the stores nationwide,” said Mike Weir when Dale presented him with the cheque.
Customers who wish to help Booster Juice reach their goal of 160,000 combos sold across Canada are encouraged to visit any participating Booster Juice location and purchase a combo before June 25, 2016. For more information about The Mike Weir Foundation or to donate directly visit www.mikeweir.com.
About Mike Weir
Weir emerged as one of the game’s brightest stars with his Masters victory, a dramatic playoff win over Len Mattiace, and came back to a hero’s welcome in Canada, which included him dropping the ceremonial face- off puck at a Toronto Maple Leafs playoff game, the perfect ‘Canadian-style’ celebration for the hockey fan Weir. His breakthrough year on the PGA Tour earned him the 2003 Lou Marsh Trophy as Canada’s top athlete of the year and the Lionel Conacher Award, given to Canada’s top male athlete of the year, an award he previously won in 2000 and 2001.
Weir has used his success as a professional golfer as a platform for helping other families in need with the creation of The Mike Weir Foundation in 2004. Mike launched a national fundraising program through his foundation, called the Mike Weir Miracle Golf Drive for Kids, supporting Children’s Miracle Network.
On a national level, Weir’s success and contributions through charitable work have attributed to two Order of Canada inductions (2007, 2009). In 2009, Weir also became an inductee into the Canadian Golf Hall of Fame. Mike Weir has enjoyed success in golf unmatched by any other Canadian, but in his mind, there is still plenty of work to do when your goal is to be one of the best in the world.
About Booster Juice
The first Booster Juice was opened in Sherwood Park, Alberta in November 1999 by Dale Wishewan, Booster Juice President & CEO, a guy who thought it would be a good idea to sell smoothies in the middle of a Canadian winter. Turns out, taste trumps temperature, and today there are over 300 locations worldwide. Booster Juice serves its intensely loyal customers a delicious, convenient and nutritious alternative to fast food. In addition to their signature smoothies, their menu offers fresh-squeezed juices, hot food, and snacks. A vibrant brand that attracts an active clientele, Booster Juice has been honoured with a number of consumers’ choice and business awards over the last 16 years.
SOURCE Booster Juice
For further information or to arrange an interview with Dale Wishewan:
National Marketing Lead
Phone: (780) 485-8684
To arrange an interview with Mike Weir:
SportBox Entertainment Group
422 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Locking Down Security Business (1 views)
- Franchising Growth: Signal 88 by the Numbers (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler About The Signal 88 Culture and Our Core Values (2 views)
- Franchise growth, stylist opportunities, philanthropies and awards “Excite” at Sport Clips Haircuts National Huddle (2 views)
- Speedpro Imaging’s August 2017 Franchisee In Focus: Shira Kollins, Chicago, Illinois (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Targets Veterans to Fulfill Overwhelming Demand (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Real Heroes (1 views)
- The Carving Board Sandwiches Serves Up National Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- Build Your Dream Lineup At Taco John’s® (1 views)
- AAMCO Expanding Brand’s Footprint With 18 New Centers Nationwide (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® International, Inc. CEO Catherine Monson to Speak at U.S. Chamber of Commerce Small Business Series (1 views)
- Salata To Open In Quail Springs Thursday (1 views)
- Back Yard Burger Supports Dine Out for No Kid Hungry (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler – The Vision is Clear (1 views)
- Creamistry Continues California Expansion (1 views)