- City: Norwalk
- State: Connecticut
- Listed: December 8, 2015 8:00 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
NORWALK, Conn. – December 08, 2015 – (FranchisePOD.com) – Every morning before sunrise, for four months, BrightStar Care of Norwalk caregiver, Kareen Mason, would wake up early to take her son to daycare and then ride public transportation to get to her late client’s live-in community. Her bus stop was at the bottom of a steep hill, so she would climb the hill to the entrance of the building. Once there, she devoted her time, energy and compassion caring for her client and serving as his voice. Because of her indefatigable commitment to her job and her client and his family, the national in-home care franchise BrightStar Care named Mason its 2015 National Caregiver of the Year. Click here to watch a video of the emotional award presentation.
The Caregiver of the Year Award honors the hard work, person-centered care and dedication of a star caregiver within the BrightStar Care system, a franchise that provides both medical and non-medical in-home care and medical staffing. Mason was selected from among thousands of BrightStar Care caregivers and hundreds of nomination letters from clients and families across the country.
The daughter of a BrightStar Care of Norwalk client nominated Mason, noting that her father was diagnosed with mouth cancer and lost a great deal of function along with his ability to speak. During the time of his care, Mason served as her father’s voice to family, friends, and loved ones.
“Kareen talked to my father in a way that indicated she respected and valued him, and he responded in kindness,” wrote the daughter. “This is an exceptional way to care for an elderly person. Kareen is a courageous, kind woman with a heart of pure gold.””
The BrightStar Care system features more than 300 independently owned and operated locations that together employ more than 15,000 nurses and caregivers. Each year, clients and clients’ families provide heartfelt testimonials to nominate their caregivers for going above and beyond in providing compassionate, dependable care and outstanding and devoted services to their loved ones.
Mason was first selected as the Northeast Regional finalist and was invited to join the three other regional finalists in Nashville at the BrightStar Care annual franchisee conference. At the conference, BrightStar Care CEO and co-founder Shelly Sun announced Mason as the company’s 2015 National Caregiver of the Year.
“Each and every one of the nominees for Caregiver of the Year is an amazing individual,” said Sun. “Kareen is the perfect example of the caliber of caregiver we are fortunate enough to employ at BrightStar Care. All of our caregivers, franchisees, and Directors of Nursing help contribute to making BrightStar Care the highest quality of care offered. We are very lucky to have Kareen on the BrightStar Care of Norwalk team and we look forward to seeing her continued success.”
Mason was presented her regional award at a surprise event hosted by the owner of the Norwalk BrightStar Care, Maureen Moore.
“I am beyond honored to have the Caregiver of the Year winner come from among our team,” said Moore. “All of the finalists had such moving stories and for Kareen to be named as the award winner truly says a lot for our team as a whole. All of our caregivers give their all to this job, and it is wonderful to see recognition given where it is due.”
During the reveal event at the BrightStar Care of Norwalk, Mason was given a trophy and a sash to celebrate her award and was surrounded by family, friends and coworkers.
“It still does not feel real to me,” says Mason. “I have always given all of my heart and soul to caregiving because the clients deserve it. To be recognized with this award is so amazing and unexpected. I am truly grateful to both the Pierson family for nominating me and to BrightStar Care.”
Watch this video to meet Kareen and see her reaction to winning BrightStar Care’s 2015 National Caregiver of the Year award: https://youtu.be/PQGMJJ8odbM.
For more information about BrightStar Care of Norwalk, call 203.810.4800 or visit http://www.brightstarcare.com/norwalk.
About BrightStar Care
Based in Chicago, BrightStar Care is a national private duty home care and medical staffing franchise with more than 300 locations that can provide medical and non-medical services to clients within their homes, as well as supplemental care staff to corporate clients. BrightStar Care professional nurses and caregivers deliver expert, compassionate, and personal care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Each BrightStar Care location is required to pursue Joint Commission Accreditation. BrightStar Care received The Joint Commission’s Enterprise Champion for Quality award in 2013, 2014, and 2015, and is committed to having each of its agencies comply with Joint Commission standards. BrightStar Care uses the nationally known patient satisfaction survey company Press Ganey to measure client satisfaction and is proud that nine out of 10 clients would recommend BrightStar Care to a friend or family member. For more information on BrightStar Care please visit www.brightstarcare.com; to find out more about BrightStar Franchising, visit www.brightstarfranchise.com.
SOURCE BrightStar Care
Fishman Public Relations
847-945-1300 ext. 237
228 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Locking Down Security Business (1 views)
- Sport Clips Haircut Franchise Markets Available By State (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler About The Signal 88 Culture and Our Core Values (2 views)
- Franchise growth, stylist opportunities, philanthropies and awards “Excite” at Sport Clips Haircuts National Huddle (2 views)
- Mosquito Squad Recognized As One Of America’s Fastest Growing Companies By Inc. Magazine For Seventh Consecutive Year (2 views)
- Jazen Tea Celebrates 5 Years With Free Drinks for a Year (2 views)
- Speedpro Imaging’s August 2017 Franchisee In Focus: Shira Kollins, Chicago, Illinois (1 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Targets Veterans to Fulfill Overwhelming Demand (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Real Heroes (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler On the Value of the Franchise Group (1 views)
- The Carving Board Sandwiches Serves Up National Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- Build Your Dream Lineup At Taco John’s® (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® OF YORK PROVIDES AWARD-WINNING SIGNS AND GRAPHICS FOR PENN STATE YORK STUDENT CENTER (1 views)
- AAMCO Expanding Brand’s Footprint With 18 New Centers Nationwide (1 views)