- Sub Headline: Water Safety and Survival Franchise Calls for Heightened Awareness of Pool Dangers in 2016
- City: Fort Lauderdale
- State: Florida
- Franchise URL: http://www.britishswimschool.com
- Facebook URL: http://www.facebook.com/BritishSwimSchools
- Listed: December 16, 2015 8:01 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla.–(FranchisePOD.com)–All too often, common New Year’s resolutions are to lose weight, exercise more and to get organized, but British Swim School, an international swim school franchise, is making waves by encouraging parents to make their children’s safety a top resolution for 2016. Tragically, one in five people who die from drowning are children 14 and younger, so the New Year is an opportune time to make a drastic change to those statistics.
Answering the demand for life-saving water survival skills, this past year British Swim School sold 42 territories, doubling the number sold in 2014 and went from operating out of six states to operating out of 14. The brand also increased their number of swim lessons per year from 280,000 to 370,000 with an average of 43 swim lessons per hour. Driving the growth seen in 2015 are two strong company initiatives, including the launch of a mobile application and the introduction of a Water Watchers Card:
British Swim School Mobile Application: Allows for a more direct line of communication between parents and staff members. Through the app, parents can perform various activities including schedule lessons, receive water safety messages and monitor their child’s development.
Water Watcher Cards: British Swim School staff members provide these cards to local preschools and to all current pupils. When a parent, child or family member is holding their card, it is their chief responsibility to be watching the children in the water. The card not only gives anyone using it a sense of responsibility, but teaches them water safety tips and ensures that someone is “watching the water” at all times.
“As a brand, we’ve developed a lot of impactful initiatives within the water safety world in 2015 and we expect 2016 to be nothing short of another milestone year,” said Rita Goldberg, CEO and Founder of British Swim School. “Parents are starting to pick up on how important water survival skills are for their children and every day we’re erasing the ideology that a drowning can’t happen to their child, because sadly it can, without the proper tools or knowledge to avoid it.”
The corporate team at British Swim School implemented a new franchisee advisory board within the past year that will help incorporate insight from various senior franchisees in the system during 2016. The structure includes three distinct forums: Water, Marketing and Business Practices. Spearheading the initiative is the water advisory forum where aquatics-driven franchisees ensure that the brand is at the forefront of water safety procedures. Further adding to the credibility of the swim program, British Swim School has plans to hire a new corporate Aquatics Director in the New Year.
Marking an age of evolution for British Swim School in 2016, the brand projects to grow the company by nearly 30 percent through signing 30 new franchise territories nationwide. A primary focus will be to create an easy-to-implement program that allows franchisees to build their own pools. To date, nearly all franchisees have been operating out of existing pools. However, in the future, British Swim School will expand ownership offerings by creating a secondary tier of business involvement for interested candidates.
The British Swim School franchise opportunity is rapidly expanding throughout the country due to the inherent demand for services and the ease of start-up. While other swim concepts require a large expense for pool construction, British Swim School’s business model allows franchisees to lead classes from pools in existing fitness chains, residential buildings, therapy pools and hotels, which drastically decreases the initial investment costs. Serving as a leader in the emerging and growing water safety segment, British Swim School continues to look for qualified individuals interested in the franchise concept.
About British Swim School
For more than 34 years, British Swim School has been dedicated to teaching water survival skills to children as young as three months old. Rita Goldberg, a former national swimmer in Britain, founded British Swim School in 1981 and developed the unique and highly effective teaching methods that are a recognized trademark of the brand alone. Headquartered in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., British Swim School currently operates out of 80 pools in 11 states in the U.S. and Turkey. The brand provides water safety survival and swimming lessons to more than 8,000 students per week and conducts more than 250,000 swimming lessons yearly. Since first launching a franchise program in October 2011, British Swim School has been ranked in Entrepreneur’s Franchise 500, Top 50 New Franchises, and the Top 10 Types of Franchises to Watch in 2015. British Swim School is aligned with the Safer 3 Water Safety Foundation, whose mission is to protect every life from drowning through education and heightened water safety awareness. For more information about British Swim School and the franchise opportunities, visit www.britishswimschool.com or www.franchise.britishswimschool.com, and like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/BritishSwimSchools.
Fishman Public Relations
Laura Fiala, 847-945-1300
179 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (50 views)
- How This U.S. Veteran Thrived as a Signal 88 Franchisee (41 views)
- Any Lab Test Now Honored For First Time On Prestigious Inc. 5000 List (83 views)
- Salata To Open In Quail Springs Thursday (80 views)
- Buffalo Wild Wings-Owned R Taco Adds Five Locations (73 views)
- Cherry Blow Dry Bar to Expand in New Jersey and Pennsylvania (70 views)
- Scooter’s Coffee to Double Presence in Cedar Rapids (70 views)
- AtWork Group Ranked as One of the Largest Staffing Firms in the US (59 views)
- Brightway Insurance Celebrates Ninth Anniversary (52 views)
- Tin Drum Asian Kitchen Taps Hot Foodie Trend with New Poke Menu Offerings (52 views)
- Club Pilates Named America’s Fourth Fastest-Growing Company by Inc. Magazine (52 views)
- Mosquito Squad Recognized As One Of America’s Fastest Growing Companies By Inc. Magazine For Seventh Consecutive Year (49 views)
- Dallas Cowboys and 7-Eleven Partner on Limited-Edition Collectible Cup (41 views)
- Always Best Care Announces New Owner Of Burlington Territory (41 views)
- Anytime Fitness Flexes Development Plans for Alabama (40 views)