- Sub Headline: 20 new shops to open in 2016
- City: Pittsburgh
- State: Pennsylvania
- Franchise URL: http://www.brusters.com
- Listed: January 11, 2016 10:43 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
PITTSBURGH, PA January 11, 2016 –(FranchisePOD.com)–Bruster’s Real Ice Cream, America’s favorite frozen treat chain, served up its best sales performance in its 27-year history during 2015, laying the groundwork for more expansion in 2016.
The franchised premium ice cream brand shattered several sales records:
- Fourth quarter comp sales were up 12.5 percent, making for the 11th consecutive quarter of growth, the longest growth streak in the brand’s history
- Same-store sales for the year were up 10.4 percent, the largest single jump ever, with transactions up nearly 6 percent, also a record
- Average unit volume grew to $395,000, the highest ever
“2015 was a huge year for expansion,” said CEO Jim Sahene. “We opened 10 store locations and signed franchise agreements for more new shops than in the last three years combined.”
Named America’s favorite frozen treat chain in the prestigious Consumer Picks 2015 study conducted by Nation’s Restaurant News and WD Partners, Bruster’s last year entered the Southern California market with two restaurants and added a second store in Guyana. New shops also opened in Lexington, Kentucky; Vienna, Virginia; Erie, Pennsylvania, Midtown Atlanta; Sandy Springs, Georgia; Apex, North Carolina; St. Augustine, Florida; and Carter Hill, Alabama.
Bruster’s also signed a 10-unit development agreement for South Korea. The first shop is expected to open in spring 2016. Other new units are scheduled to open early this year in Waldorf, Maryland; Clermont, Florida; Durham, North Carolina; Cypress, Texas; and Maryville, Tennessee.
“Our goal is to open 20 shops this year,” Sahene added. “Along with a true premium product that has a cult-like following, our new store designs are very appealing to prospective franchisees.” Bruster’s now offers operators an array of prototypes, including an in-line unit, as well as end-cap and free-standing designs that can accommodate drive-thrus.
Images available at http://brusters.com/media/multimedia/
Connect with Bruster’s Real Ice Cream online at www.brusters.com/, http://www.facebook.com/BrustersRealIceCream and @BrustersFresh.
Named America’s #1 frozen treat chain in the national Consumer Picks 2015 study, Bruster’s Real Ice Cream features 150 flavors of premium, handcrafted ice cream, yogurt, Italian ice and sorbet, with at least 24 made fresh in each shop daily. There are nearly 200 independently owned locations in 19 states and the nation of Guyana.
Ritter Communications, LLC
Janet Ritter, 740-815-1790
313 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (4 views)
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers Celebrates 15 Years of Success (7 views)
- Meet our Sport Clips Team Leader in New Jersey: Ashley Gray (6 views)
- AtWork Group Ranked as One of the Largest Staffing Firms in the US (6 views)
- E-2 Visa Holders Welcome As Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® Franchisees (5 views)
- Meet Mark Jameson, FASTSIGNS, Executive Vice President, Franchise Support & Development (5 views)
- Always Best Care Announces New Owner Of Burlington Territory (5 views)
- Veterans Find Second Career as VaporFi Franchise Owners (5 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler – Rise 2017 Planned Breakout Sessions (5 views)
- FASTSIGNS® reporta crecimiento sin precedente al firmar acuerdo con 63 nuevas franquicias en 2016 (5 views)
- Quaker Steak & Lube® New Entrees and Desserts Combine for a Full-Meal Dining Experience (4 views)
- Signal 88 Security, a Premier Security Services Franchise, Announces Strategic Growth Plan to Add Locations Nationwide (4 views)
- Del Taco to Expand Arizona Presence with 14 New Restaurants (4 views)
- Hurricane Harvey: How You Can Help (4 views)
- NEW FASTSIGNS® FRANCHISEE ACQUIRES MAMMOTH SIGNS (4 views)