- Sub Headline: Key Activations Include Limited Time Wing Sauce Collaboration with Mountain Dew, In-Stadium Concessions, Website Hub, Social Media Engagement and a Record $2.7 Million Donation to Boys & Girls Clubs of America
- City: Minneapolis
- State: Minnesota
- Listed: December 7, 2015 1:43 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
MINNEAPOLIS – December 7, 2015 – (FranchisePOD.com) – Entering its second year as a title sponsor of the Citrus Bowl, Buffalo Wild Wings today unveiled a series of activations that aim to bring to life one of the longest running bowl games for fans attending, watching from a B-Dubs restaurant and following online or via mobile devices. Key activations include a limited time only wing sauce collaboration with Mountain Dew, in-stadium concessions, live feed reactions from restaurants, an interactive website hub, social media giveaways and philanthropic activities in partnership with the Boys and Girls Clubs of America.
The Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl, featuring the University of Michigan and University of Florida will be played at 1:00 p.m. ET on Friday, Jan. 1, 2016 and televised on ABC.
“We enjoyed a tremendous inaugural year partnering with the Citrus Bowl, and are excited to welcome two of the most storied college football programs to participate in this year’s game,” said Bob Ruhland, vice president of marketing at Buffalo Wild Wings. “This year, we’re focusing on new ways that help create an authentic B-Dubs experience for fans in the stands, those watching from our 1,150 restaurants and those following the action online and from their phones. We’re the sports fans biggest fan, so we’re constantly looking for opportunities to enhance their gameday experiences.”
Zesty Citrus Sauce & In-Stadium Food Offerings
To celebrate the Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl, Buffalo Wild Wings partnered with Mountain Dew to create a limited time only sauce – Zesty Citrus. Available in restaurants from December 14, 2015 through January 2, 2016, the bold citrus flavor of Mountain Dew was infused with lemongrass and spicy red pepper-flakes to create a blast of sweet and spicy that will leave Guests asking for more.
For the first time, more than 60,000 fans attending the Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl will also be able to purchase boneless wings spun in Zesty Citrus and Honey BBQ sauces at two B-Dubs branded concession areas and enjoy chicken tenders served with Honey BBQ at three additional locations within the stadium.
Live Feed Reactions from Restaurants
In an effort to put a spotlight on the atmosphere and real-time reactions from within a Buffalo Wild Wings during bowl season, live feed video will be displayed on the in-stadium video board following pivotal moments and touchdowns during the Citrus Bowl. Reactions from Wolverines and Gators fans will be streamed from local B-Dubs restaurants in Ann Arbor, MI (State Street location) and Lake City, FL, respectively.
Website Hub & Social Media Engagement
Fans looking to follow the action leading up to and around the Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl can visit www.buffalowildwings.com/citrusbowl. The site provides fans with information about the bowl and B-Dubs locations to watch the game, showcases images curated from Instagram (#BWWCitrusBowl) and pulls a live feed of Citrus Bowl related headlines.
On Twitter (@BWWings), B-Dubs will provide opportunities for fans to attend the Citrus Bowl through free ticket giveaways and during the game will re-introduce the popular #TweetShirtCannon. On January 1, fans can feel like a part of the live-game experience by using the hashtag #TweetShirtCannon for a chance to win official 2016 Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl tee-shirts.
Team Up for Kids
In support of the company’s Team Up for Kids® mission, which focuses on helping more kids play team sports, Buffalo Wild Wings will present its 2015 donation to Boys & Girls Clubs of America, totaling at least $2.7 million. An additional donation of $10,000 will be presented to Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Florida. B-Dubs is also providing 300 tickets to local area Orlando Boys & Girls Club members to watch the Citrus Bowl and will host dozens of Team Up for Kids participants at the Bowl’s “Day for Kids” event on December 30, providing opportunities for kids to play interactive games with players from the University of Michigan and University of Florida. Finally, at the game’s FanFest on January 1, Buffalo Wild Wings will create a donation wall allowing fans and supporters to make donations to the Team Up for Kids program via paper pinups.
About Buffalo Wild Wings and Team Up for Kids
Buffalo Wild Wings, Inc., founded in 1982 and headquartered in Minneapolis, is a growing owner, operator and franchisor of Buffalo Wild Wings® restaurants featuring a variety of boldly-flavored, made-to-order menu items including its namesake Buffalo, New York-style chicken wings. The Buffalo Wild Wings menu specializes in 21 mouth-watering signature sauces and seasonings with flavor sensations ranging from Sweet BBQ™ to Blazin’®. Guests enjoy a welcoming neighborhood atmosphere that includes an extensive multi-media system for watching their favorite sporting events. Buffalo Wild Wings is the recipient of hundreds of “Best Wings” and “Best Sports Bar” awards from across the country. There are currently more than 1,130 Buffalo Wild Wings locations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, the Philippines and the United Arab Emirates.
To stay up-to-date on all the latest events and offers for sports fans and wing lovers, like Buffalo Wild Wings on Facebook, follow @BWWings on Twitter and visit www.BuffaloWildWings.com.
Buffalo Wild Wings’ charitable giving mission – TEAM UP FOR KIDS™ – centers on the vision: There is a champion in every child. We are committed to helping build communities where all kids can thrive, compete, and belong to a team. As part of this mission, Buffalo Wild Wings has teamed up with Boys & Girls Clubs of America (BGCA) to help thousands of kids play on sports teams each year. Buffalo Wild Wings is committed to donating and raising at least $6 million for BGCA by 2017. Guests can join the effort through donations from sauce and seasoning bottle purchases and in-restaurant fundraising events. For more information, visit www.buffalowildwings.com/giving.
SOURCE Buffalo Wild Wings
Buffalo Wild Wings, Inc.
201 total views, 2 today
Popular Ads Today
- Meet Mark Jameson, FASTSIGNS, Executive Vice President, Franchise Support & Development (4 views)
- Sport Clips Franchise Opportunities (4 views)
- Buffalo Wild Wings Donates $730,000 to Local Boys & Girls Clubs Through Community Day Event (4 views)
- V’s Barbershop Franchise Opportunities (4 views)
- Bennigan’s Serves Up ‘Summer Shenanigans’ (4 views)
- Cottman Transmission and Total Auto Care Celebrates Outstanding Achievements at 2016 Annual Convention (4 views)
- Shoney’s Ready to Show Dads Lots of Love, Fresh Food, Great Value, Friendly Service and FREE Pecan Pie on Father’s Day (4 views)
- California Tortilla Adds Second Location in Central Florida, More to Follow in Fall 2016 (4 views)
- CycleBar® Collaborates With American Heart Association/American Stroke Association to Improve Heart Health (3 views)
- SONIC® Introduces New Loaded Cheddar Dogs, Expanding Offerings in New $5 SONIC Boom Box* (3 views)
- Anago Cleaning Systems Named a Top Low Cost Franchise by Entrepreneur Magazine (3 views)
- Smoothie King Continues Aggressive International Expansion Efforts (3 views)
- DRNK & QWENCH Announces Huge Development News! (3 views)
- Hotshots Sports Bar and Grill Opens New Franchise Locations in El Dorado, AR and Concord, NC (3 views)
- Pierre Bossier Mall Welcomes Bossier City’s 1st Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® (3 views)