- Sub Headline: New Furry Friends and Accessories Arrive to Kick off Partnership for Save the Children
- City: St. Louis
- State: Missouri
- Franchise URL: http://www.buildabear.com
- Listed: January 14, 2016 12:31 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
ST. LOUIS – Jan. 14, 2016 // FranchisePOD.com // – Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc. (NYSE: BBW), an interactive destination where guests can create personalized furry friends, has introduced a new collection of scented, make-your-own Sweet Hugs gifts just in time for Valentine’s Day. The new Build-A-Bear Workshop Sweet Hugs Heart Bear, Sweet Hugs Swirl Bear and Sweet Hugs Pup have candy-scented fur made possible by Celessence™ Technologies microencapsulation, a license of Genius Brands International (OTCQB: GNUS), which uses touch to release an irresistible fragrance. The more you hug them, the sweeter they smell.
Each Sweet Hugs friend can transform into a unique, huggable Valentine with the addition of a Build-A-Sound® recordable chip featuring a personalized message, plush conversation hearts, and customized clothing.
From sweet scents to sweet dreams, the new Build-A-Bear Workshop 2 Fun 2 Sleep slumber party line includes new furry friends, a make-your-own Rainbow Hugs Stuffable Pillow, plus matching pajamas for kids and furry friends.
Build-A-Bear Workshop guests with a sweet tooth can also indulge in an assortment of all-natural, premium chocolate bars from PRAIM Group, Froose co-branded fruit snacks, Clever Cookie iced and mini cookies, as well as new co-branded NECCO® Sweethearts® candies.
Share Your Heart Program
Build-A-Bear Workshop is starting the New Year in yet another sweet way by inviting guests to support Save the Children through the company’s Share Your Heart program in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. From January 7 through March 2, Build-A-Bear Workshop guests can share their heart by donating to Save the Children’s Journey of Hope program in stores or online at buildabear.com. The Build-A-Bear Foundation will match all U.S. guest donations up to $100,000. At Build-A-Bear Workshop U.K. and Canada locations, guests can purchase a purple satin heart, $1 of which will be donated to Save the Children.
Launched in the wake of Hurricane Katrina, Save the Children’s Journey of Hope program empowers children of all ages to identify their own strengths, build coping skills, self-esteem and overall resilience. The program has since been delivered to more than 85,000 children in the United States, Australia, Canada, Italy, Spain, New Zealand and the United Kingdom.
“We want to make it easy for guests to start the New Year on a positive note by sharing their hearts and doing something good for others,” said Gina Collins, chief marketing officer, Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc. “We believe all children deserve a chance at a great future and our partnership with Save the Children will help young people in the Journey of Hope program to thrive.”
At all Build-A-Bear Workshop locations, guests can fill out a special Share Your Heart card to send positive thoughts and encouragement to children in the Journey of Hope program.
“Following disasters and other traumatic experiences, children often struggle to move forward, and they need support to develop coping skills and strategies to deal with their emotions in healthy ways,” said Natalie Vega-O’Neil, Save the Children’s acting vice-president for U.S. Programs. “With the support of Build-A-Bear Workshop, we will work with communities to build on children’s strengths and resiliency as we expand the program and reach even more children in need.”
For more information, visit buildabear.com and follow the brand on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
Founded in St. Louis in 1997, Build-A-Bear, a global brand kids love and parents trust, seeks to add a little more heart to life. Build-A-Bear Workshop has approximately 400 stores worldwide where guests can create customizable furry friends, including company-owned stores in the United States, Canada, Denmark, Ireland, Puerto Rico, and the United Kingdom, and franchise stores in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, Mexico and the Middle East. The company was named to the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for the seventh year in a row in 2015. Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc. (NYSE: BBW) posted a total revenue of $392.4 million in fiscal 2014. For more information, visit the Investor Relations section of buildabear.com.
About Save the Children
Save the Children invests in childhood – every day, in times of crisis and for our future. In the United States and around the world, we are dedicated to ensuring every child has the best chance for success. Our pioneering programs give children a healthy start, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. Our advocacy efforts provide a voice for children who cannot speak for themselves. As the leading expert on children, we inspire and achieve lasting impact for millions of the world’s most vulnerable girls and boys. By transforming children’s lives now, we change the course of their future and ours.
SOURCE Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc.
302 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Sales Training Helps Convert Former Police Officers to Sales People (2 views)
- An Interview with Signal 88 Co-Founder Reed Nyffeler (1 views)
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (1 views)
- How This U.S. Veteran Thrived as a Signal 88 Franchisee (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- Signal 88 Locking Down Security Business (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- School Of Rock Names Anthony Padulo Chief Development Officer (1 views)
- Moran Family of Brands Announces Franchisees of the Year (1 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (1 views)
- World-Famous Donut Bar to Offer Exclusive Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- Build Your Dream Lineup At Taco John’s® (1 views)
- VaporFi Continues Expansion with Seven Store Openings in Atlanta (1 views)
- Topgolf Aiming for Richmond as 4th Virginia Location (1 views)
- Fajita Pete’s Continues Franchising Development Throughout Texas (1 views)