- Sub Headline: Caribou Coffee Partners With American Humane Association to Develop Long-Term Strategy for Transition to Cage-Free Eggs
- City: Minneapolis
- State: Minnesota
- Listed: December 14, 2015 10:56 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
MINNEAPOLIS, MN – (FranchisePOD.com) – Dec 14, 2015 – As part of its ongoing commitment to animal welfare and social responsibility, Caribou Coffee today announced its commitment to using cage-free eggs at all domestic locations by 2020.
The coffee brand has been crafting a transition strategy to move to the exclusive use of cage-free eggs in all egg sandwiches.
“Today’s announcement to offer 100% cage-free eggs in all Caribou Coffee stores by 2020 underscores our commitment to serving the best quality eggs available from farms that uphold the highest standard of humane practices,” said Paul Turek, VP Global Supply Chain, Caribou Coffee.
Caribou Coffee is also working on a broader social responsibility and animal welfare strategy in partnership with the American Humane Association. “We commend Caribou Coffee on their proactive stance to further their commitment to sustainable and ethical sourcing practices,” said Marion Garcia, DVM, Chief Veterinary Officer, American Humane Association. “We are pleased to work with leaders in the restaurant industry and provide our expertise in developing animal welfare policies that are realistic and attainable.” Caribou Coffee began working with the American Humane Association after an analysis of the supply-chain logistics involved in making such a transition.
About Caribou Coffee
Founded in 1992, Caribou Coffee is the second largest company-operated premium coffeehouse in the United States with more than 274* company owned stores and 12* Coffee & Bagels stores in partnership with Einstein Bros. Bagels, 130* domestic license locations in 19* states and 211* international franchise stores in 10* countries. Caribou Coffee provides high quality, handcrafted beverages and food options to fuel life’s adventures, both big and small. Known for a commitment to sustainability, the Company was the first major U.S. coffeehouse to serve 100% Rainforest Alliance Certified™ coffees and espresso. Caribou Coffee products can also be found in grocery stores, mass retailers, club stores, foodservice providers, hotels, entertainment venues and online. To learn more about Caribou Coffee, visit their website, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Sign up for Caribou Coffee’s loyalty program, Caribou Perks, on the Caribou Coffee mobile app at any app store.
*Store counts are accurate as of December 2015.
SOURCE Caribou Coffee
170 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Sport Clips Haircut Franchise Markets Available By State (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® reporta crecimiento sin precedente al firmar acuerdo con 63 nuevas franquicias en 2016 (3 views)
- AtWork Group Ranked as One of the Largest Staffing Firms in the US (3 views)
- E-2 Visa Holders Welcome As Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® Franchisees (3 views)
- Always Best Care Announces New Owner Of Burlington Territory (2 views)
- NEW FASTSIGNS® FRANCHISEE ACQUIRES MAMMOTH SIGNS (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Seeks Franchisees At Annual NPOA Conference February 2-4 (1 views)
- Meet our Sport Clips Team Leader in New Jersey: Ashley Gray (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Sponsors National Business Media Show In Fort Lauderdale, Florida February 16-18 (1 views)
- Go Burrito Announces Plans to Launch Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- Brightway Insurance Celebrates Ninth Anniversary (1 views)
- NEW BUSINESS IN TOWN: FASTSIGNS® OF EUGENE NOW OPEN (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise: Why Signal 88? (1 views)
- Tin Drum Asian Kitchen Taps Hot Foodie Trend with New Poke Menu Offerings (1 views)
- Hurricane Harvey: How You Can Help (1 views)