- Sub Headline: Caribou Coffee Partners With American Humane Association to Develop Long-Term Strategy for Transition to Cage-Free Eggs
- City: Minneapolis
- State: Minnesota
- Listed: December 14, 2015 10:56 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
MINNEAPOLIS, MN – (FranchisePOD.com) – Dec 14, 2015 – As part of its ongoing commitment to animal welfare and social responsibility, Caribou Coffee today announced its commitment to using cage-free eggs at all domestic locations by 2020.
The coffee brand has been crafting a transition strategy to move to the exclusive use of cage-free eggs in all egg sandwiches.
“Today’s announcement to offer 100% cage-free eggs in all Caribou Coffee stores by 2020 underscores our commitment to serving the best quality eggs available from farms that uphold the highest standard of humane practices,” said Paul Turek, VP Global Supply Chain, Caribou Coffee.
Caribou Coffee is also working on a broader social responsibility and animal welfare strategy in partnership with the American Humane Association. “We commend Caribou Coffee on their proactive stance to further their commitment to sustainable and ethical sourcing practices,” said Marion Garcia, DVM, Chief Veterinary Officer, American Humane Association. “We are pleased to work with leaders in the restaurant industry and provide our expertise in developing animal welfare policies that are realistic and attainable.” Caribou Coffee began working with the American Humane Association after an analysis of the supply-chain logistics involved in making such a transition.
About Caribou Coffee
Founded in 1992, Caribou Coffee is the second largest company-operated premium coffeehouse in the United States with more than 274* company owned stores and 12* Coffee & Bagels stores in partnership with Einstein Bros. Bagels, 130* domestic license locations in 19* states and 211* international franchise stores in 10* countries. Caribou Coffee provides high quality, handcrafted beverages and food options to fuel life’s adventures, both big and small. Known for a commitment to sustainability, the Company was the first major U.S. coffeehouse to serve 100% Rainforest Alliance Certified™ coffees and espresso. Caribou Coffee products can also be found in grocery stores, mass retailers, club stores, foodservice providers, hotels, entertainment venues and online. To learn more about Caribou Coffee, visit their website, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Sign up for Caribou Coffee’s loyalty program, Caribou Perks, on the Caribou Coffee mobile app at any app store.
*Store counts are accurate as of December 2015.
SOURCE Caribou Coffee
153 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Meet The FASTSIGNS Franchise Corporate Leadership Team (2 views)
- Veterans Find Second Career as VaporFi Franchise Owners (5 views)
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers Celebrates 15 Years of Success (4 views)
- Creamistry Continues California Expansion (4 views)
- Tacos 4 Life Restaurant Brings on New Executives to Expand Business and Mission (4 views)
- Back Yard Burger Supports Dine Out for No Kid Hungry (3 views)
- Moran Family of Brands Announces Franchisees of the Year (3 views)
- School Of Rock Names Anthony Padulo Chief Development Officer (2 views)
- Brightway Insurance names new Chairman; David Miller becomes Executive Chairman (2 views)
- SUPPLY POINTe Launches Nationwide Franchise Program (2 views)
- The Loop Pizza Grill Opens New Jacksonville Location (2 views)
- Quaker Steak & Lube® New Entrees and Desserts Combine for a Full-Meal Dining Experience (2 views)
- MILITARY FAMILY RETURNS TO WASHINGTON AND OPENS LOCAL FASTSIGNS FRANCHISE BUSINESS (2 views)
- Joshua Trejo – Sport Clips Help A Hero Scholarship Recipient Video (2 views)
- Go Burrito Announces Plans to Launch Franchise Opportunities (1 views)