Caring Canadians Join Pizza Pizza and Pizza 73 in Record Fundraising for Children’s Hospitals in 2015
TORONTO, ONTARIO–(FranchisePOD.com) – Jan. 28, 2016 – The dough keeps piling up for Pizza Pizza and Pizza 73 in their Slices for Smiles fundraisers. Due to unprecedented support from customers, the 2015 semi-annual campaigns generated a record $400,000 in funds raised for Children’s Miracle Network, pushing their total fundraising efforts past the $2 million mark.
“Maintaining first-rate hospitals and related health services requires a broad base of community partners,” said Pat Finelli, Chief Marketing Officer, Pizza Pizza and Pizza 73. “We’re very pleased and honoured to be part of this group. Together with our customers, partners and team members, we are able to help enrich the lives of so many children. We’re thankful for the continued support and commitment to this initiative, year after year, and look forward to reaching our next target.”
Funds were raised through proceeds from discounted menu items, in-store events, and various appeals for donations from consumers online, through the Pizza Pizza and Pizza 73 call centres and a private golf tournament last summer.
The Slices for Smiles Foundation was created in 2007 to help improve the lives of children in communities across Canada. All funds raised locally stay within the community and are directed to the local Children’s Miracle Network member hospital for that region. Monies raised help fund research, new equipment purchases and develop social programs for kids.
“We are so grateful to Pizza Pizza and Pizza 73 for their incredible support,” said John Hartman, Chief Operating Officer, Canada for Children’s Miracle Network. “They’ve helped children’s hospitals in Canada with things like funding critical treatments, medical equipment and research.”
Pizza Pizza and Pizza 73 plan to build on the success of their 2015 initiatives and will run Slices for Smiles fundraising campaigns again this year.
About Children’s Miracle Network
Children’s Miracle Network® raises funds and awareness for 170 member hospitals, 14 of which are in Canada. Donations stay local to fund critical treatments and healthcare services, pediatric medical equipment and research. Its various fundraising partners and programs support the non-profit’s mission to save and improve the lives of as many children as possible. Find out why children’s hospitals need community support, identify your member hospital and learn how you can Put Your Money Where the Miracles Are, at www.childrensmiraclenetwork.ca and www.facebook.com/CMNHospitals.
About Pizza Pizza Limited
With more than 730 locations across Canada, Pizza Pizza Limited is Canada´s pizza pioneer and a quick-service restaurant leader. The company operates two banners, Pizza Pizza and Pizza 73, that together with its network of operators and franchise partners, deliver quality food choices, diverse menus and exciting promotions for all tastes, lifestyles and budgets. Since 1967, Pizza Pizza Limited has been guided by a vision to provide the “best food, made especially for you” with a focus on quality ingredients, customer service, continuous innovation and community involvement. Visit www.pizzapizza.ca and www.pizza73.com for more information.
(416) 341-9929 ext. 230
(416) 341-9929 ext. 227
199 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Sales Training Helps Convert Former Police Officers to Sales People (2 views)
- An Interview with Signal 88 Co-Founder Reed Nyffeler (1 views)
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (1 views)
- How This U.S. Veteran Thrived as a Signal 88 Franchisee (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- Signal 88 Locking Down Security Business (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- School Of Rock Names Anthony Padulo Chief Development Officer (1 views)
- Moran Family of Brands Announces Franchisees of the Year (1 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (1 views)
- World-Famous Donut Bar to Offer Exclusive Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- Build Your Dream Lineup At Taco John’s® (1 views)
- VaporFi Continues Expansion with Seven Store Openings in Atlanta (1 views)
- Topgolf Aiming for Richmond as 4th Virginia Location (1 views)
- Fajita Pete’s Continues Franchising Development Throughout Texas (1 views)