Carl’s Jr. Opens Its First Restaurant in Japan, Continuing the Brand’s Impressive International Growth
TOKYO – March 04, 2016 – (FranchisePOD.com) – CKE Restaurants Holdings, Inc. (CKE), parent company of Carl’s Jr.® and Hardee’s®, continues its impressive international growth with the opening of its first Carl’s Jr. restaurant in Japan. Operated by Carl’s Jr. Japan Inc., a subsidiary of Mitsuuroko Group Holdings Co., Ltd., (MGHD), the restaurant will be located in the Akihabara area of Tokyo. This marks the first of a multi-unit development agreement between CKE and MGHD to develop 150 Carl’s Jr. restaurants in Japan over the next 10 years. As part of the development deal, Carl’s Jr. restaurants also are scheduled to open in Azabujyuban, Odaiba, Shibuya and Roppongi.
“Japan is the largest burger market in Asia and Japanese consumers are well known for their passionate enthusiasm for quality, great tasting food. The Carl’s Jr. brand and menu are perfectly positioned for Japan as we offer bigger, better tasting, chargrilled burgers served with high quality, fresh ingredients and best-in-class customer service,” said Ned Lyerly, President, International at CKE. “We partnered with the Mitsuuroko Group as our Master Franchisee in Japan to establish our brand across the country and we are confident in our collective ability to deliver to a superior level of guest satisfaction in our restaurants.”
“Carl’s Jr. fills a major void in the Japanese burger market. There’s no other global burger chain that offers such premium and innovative menu items served with industry leading customer service. What’s more is the brand exudes a cool, youthful and edgy persona that will resonate with Japan’s burger lovers of all ages,” said Mr. Kohei Tajima, the CEO of MGHD. “We are honored to open the first Carl’s Jr. in Japan and look forward to elevating the brand’s presence in the market over the next decade.”
Open daily from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., the Carl’s Jr. restaurant in Akihabara will offer innovative breakfast, lunch and dinner menu items including the brand’s signature line of 100% Angus Beef Thickburgers, such as the Western Bacon Cheeseburger and Jalapeno Thickburger, along with Hand-Breaded Chicken Tenders™ and Hand-Scooped Ice Cream Shakes™. The restaurant will also offer complimentary Wi-Fi, a refillable beverage bar and draft beer.
To celebrate the arrival of Carl’s Jr. in Japan, the restaurant will give away “A Year’s Worth of Free Burgers” to the first 50 people through the door on opening day. This popular promotion is well-loved by fans around the world with some of them lining up days before the restaurant opens.
Key facts about Carl’s Jr. in Akihabara
Address: 4-4-3, Sotokanda Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
Hours of operation: 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily; breakfast hours: 8 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. daily
Carl’s Jr.’s signature line of 100 percent Angus Beef Thickburgers®
High-quality, all-white-meat Chargrilled and Hand-Breaded Chicken
Hand-Scooped Ice Cream Shakes™
Refillable beverage bar
For more information on CKE franchise opportunities, please visit www.ckefranchise.com.
Follow Carl’s Jr. Japan on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/carlsjr.japan/) and visit our brand site www.Carlsjr.jp for the latest product news and promotional offers.
Mitsuuroko Group Holdings Co., Ltd
Mitsuuroko Group Holdings Co., Ltd. engages in Japan’s energy, real estate, health, sports, beverage, grocery store and power generation industries. The agreement with CKE Restaurants and Carl’s Jr. marks Mitsuuroko’s first venture into the Quick Service Restaurant category.
About CKE Restaurants Holdings, Inc.
CKE Restaurants Holdings, Inc. (“CKE”) is a privately held company headquartered in Carpinteria, Calif. Through its subsidiaries, CKE owns and licenses Carl’s Jr.® and Hardee’s® quick-service restaurants. CKE operates Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s as one brand under two names acknowledging the regional heritage of both banners. After recent openings in Australia, Columbia, Guatemala and Honduras, CKE now has a total of 3,664 franchised or company-operated restaurants in 44 states and 37 foreign countries and U.S. territories. Known for its one-of-a-kind premium menu items such as 100 percent Angus Beef Thickburgers®, Hand-Breaded Chicken Tenders™ and Hand-Scooped Ice Cream Shakes™, as well as an award-winning marketing approach, the Carl’s Jr./Hardee’s brand continues to deliver substantial and consistent growth in the U.S. and overseas. The Carl’s Jr./Hardee’s system is now 92 percent franchised, with international restaurants representing 19 percent of the system. For more information about CKE, please visit www.ckr.com or its brand sites at www.carlsjr.com and www.hardees.com.
SOURCE CKE Restaurants Holdings, Inc.
Coast Public Relations
219 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (19 views)
- An Interview with Signal 88 Co-Founder Reed Nyffeler (13 views)
- Red Cross and Sport Clips Haircuts offer free haircut coupon to blood and platelet donors (25 views)
- Tropical Smoothie Cafe Signs 100th Franchise Agreement Of 2017 (19 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Targets Veterans to Fulfill Overwhelming Demand (18 views)
- New PickUp USA Fitness Franchise Opening in Las Vegas (17 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler On the Value of the Franchise Group (17 views)
- Brightway Insurance names new Chairman; David Miller becomes Executive Chairman (17 views)
- Signal 88 Security, a Premier Security Services Franchise, Announces Strategic Growth Plan to Add Locations Nationwide (17 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler About The Signal 88 Culture and Our Core Values (15 views)
- Office Evolution Makes Prestigious Inc. 5000 List of Fastest Growing U.S. Private Companies (14 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler – The Vision is Clear (13 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler – Rise 2017 Planned Breakout Sessions (11 views)
- Twisted Taco Opens New Location in Alpharetta (11 views)
- FOCUS Brands Celebrates the Opening of 600 International Stores for both Auntie Anne’s ® and Cinnabon ® Brands (10 views)