Carl’s Jr. Opens Its First Restaurant in Japan, Continuing the Brand’s Impressive International Growth
TOKYO – March 04, 2016 – (FranchisePOD.com) – CKE Restaurants Holdings, Inc. (CKE), parent company of Carl’s Jr.® and Hardee’s®, continues its impressive international growth with the opening of its first Carl’s Jr. restaurant in Japan. Operated by Carl’s Jr. Japan Inc., a subsidiary of Mitsuuroko Group Holdings Co., Ltd., (MGHD), the restaurant will be located in the Akihabara area of Tokyo. This marks the first of a multi-unit development agreement between CKE and MGHD to develop 150 Carl’s Jr. restaurants in Japan over the next 10 years. As part of the development deal, Carl’s Jr. restaurants also are scheduled to open in Azabujyuban, Odaiba, Shibuya and Roppongi.
“Japan is the largest burger market in Asia and Japanese consumers are well known for their passionate enthusiasm for quality, great tasting food. The Carl’s Jr. brand and menu are perfectly positioned for Japan as we offer bigger, better tasting, chargrilled burgers served with high quality, fresh ingredients and best-in-class customer service,” said Ned Lyerly, President, International at CKE. “We partnered with the Mitsuuroko Group as our Master Franchisee in Japan to establish our brand across the country and we are confident in our collective ability to deliver to a superior level of guest satisfaction in our restaurants.”
“Carl’s Jr. fills a major void in the Japanese burger market. There’s no other global burger chain that offers such premium and innovative menu items served with industry leading customer service. What’s more is the brand exudes a cool, youthful and edgy persona that will resonate with Japan’s burger lovers of all ages,” said Mr. Kohei Tajima, the CEO of MGHD. “We are honored to open the first Carl’s Jr. in Japan and look forward to elevating the brand’s presence in the market over the next decade.”
Open daily from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., the Carl’s Jr. restaurant in Akihabara will offer innovative breakfast, lunch and dinner menu items including the brand’s signature line of 100% Angus Beef Thickburgers, such as the Western Bacon Cheeseburger and Jalapeno Thickburger, along with Hand-Breaded Chicken Tenders™ and Hand-Scooped Ice Cream Shakes™. The restaurant will also offer complimentary Wi-Fi, a refillable beverage bar and draft beer.
To celebrate the arrival of Carl’s Jr. in Japan, the restaurant will give away “A Year’s Worth of Free Burgers” to the first 50 people through the door on opening day. This popular promotion is well-loved by fans around the world with some of them lining up days before the restaurant opens.
Key facts about Carl’s Jr. in Akihabara
Address: 4-4-3, Sotokanda Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
Hours of operation: 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily; breakfast hours: 8 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. daily
Carl’s Jr.’s signature line of 100 percent Angus Beef Thickburgers®
High-quality, all-white-meat Chargrilled and Hand-Breaded Chicken
Hand-Scooped Ice Cream Shakes™
Refillable beverage bar
For more information on CKE franchise opportunities, please visit www.ckefranchise.com.
Follow Carl’s Jr. Japan on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/carlsjr.japan/) and visit our brand site www.Carlsjr.jp for the latest product news and promotional offers.
Mitsuuroko Group Holdings Co., Ltd
Mitsuuroko Group Holdings Co., Ltd. engages in Japan’s energy, real estate, health, sports, beverage, grocery store and power generation industries. The agreement with CKE Restaurants and Carl’s Jr. marks Mitsuuroko’s first venture into the Quick Service Restaurant category.
About CKE Restaurants Holdings, Inc.
CKE Restaurants Holdings, Inc. (“CKE”) is a privately held company headquartered in Carpinteria, Calif. Through its subsidiaries, CKE owns and licenses Carl’s Jr.® and Hardee’s® quick-service restaurants. CKE operates Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s as one brand under two names acknowledging the regional heritage of both banners. After recent openings in Australia, Columbia, Guatemala and Honduras, CKE now has a total of 3,664 franchised or company-operated restaurants in 44 states and 37 foreign countries and U.S. territories. Known for its one-of-a-kind premium menu items such as 100 percent Angus Beef Thickburgers®, Hand-Breaded Chicken Tenders™ and Hand-Scooped Ice Cream Shakes™, as well as an award-winning marketing approach, the Carl’s Jr./Hardee’s brand continues to deliver substantial and consistent growth in the U.S. and overseas. The Carl’s Jr./Hardee’s system is now 92 percent franchised, with international restaurants representing 19 percent of the system. For more information about CKE, please visit www.ckr.com or its brand sites at www.carlsjr.com and www.hardees.com.
SOURCE CKE Restaurants Holdings, Inc.
Coast Public Relations
202 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- FASTSIGNS Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Hooters Celebrates National Chicken Wing Day with All-You-Can-Eat Wings (4 views)
- The Habit Burger Grill Celebrates Summer with All-New Strawberry Balsamic Chicken Salad (3 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Seeks Franchisees At ISA Sign Expo April 19-22 (3 views)
- Backed by More Than Two Decades of Success, Sport Clips Has Positioned Itself as a Premier Investment Opportunity for Lenders (3 views)
- How the FASTSIGNS Co-Brand Opportunity is Helping This Veteran Photo Company Video (3 views)
- N Zone Sports Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- GolfTEC to Open Enhanced Centers in New, Existing Markets (2 views)
- Swisher Hygiene founder expands new franchise in Arizona (2 views)
- Denny Hamlin and Sport Clips Honor Military at Ft. Bragg, Unveil “Throwback” Scheme for Darlington Race Weekend (2 views)
- “Ice Age: Collision Course” Is Taking Over Menchie’s (2 views)
- HouseMaster LLC Announces Appointment of New CFO, Adam Campbell (2 views)
- Shane Beard San Diego FASTSIGNS Franchisee Celebrates Over 20 years of Success (2 views)
- Zerorez® The Right Way to Clean® Opens in St. Louis (2 views)
- MILITARY FAMILY RETURNS TO WASHINGTON AND OPENS LOCAL FASTSIGNS FRANCHISE BUSINESS (1 views)