- Sub Headline: Steve Weedon Recognized for Key Role in Cartridge World’s 2015 Sale to Suzhou GoldenGreen Technologies
- Franchise URL: http://www.CartridgeWorld.com
- Listed: April 6, 2016 9:41 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
MCHENRY, Ill. – April 06, 2016 – (FranchisePOD.com) – After being appointed to Global CEO of Cartridge World and being charged with the initial task of brokering the sale between the company and Suzhou GoldenGreen Technologies (SGT) last fall, Steve Weedon was recently announced as one of the recipients of Franchise Times’ 2016 Dealmakers award. The fourth annual list celebrates the biggest deals and dealmakers in franchising and recognizes the boldest players driving mergers and acquisitions in the franchise industry.
The Dealmakers award highlights “audacious franchise deal-making” and recipients are chosen by a panel of franchise finance experts who analyze various deals based on their complexity and amount of rigorous work it took to secure the strategic transaction. The revolutionary recapitalization deal between SGT and Cartridge World, which brought the company out of massive debt and set it up for future success, made Weedon a shoe-in for the award. Last month, Weedon along with other recipients attended the Franchise Times Finance & Growth Conference in Las Vegas where he graciously accepted the Dealmaker Award on behalf of Cartridge World during a special ceremony.
“This is a very exciting time in our company’s history and I am extremely honored to be recognized amongst some of the great Dealmakers in the franchise industry,” said Weedon. “I graciously accept this award on behalf of our great company and honor the tremendous work of our corporate team, our Master Franchisees and all members of the Cartridge World franchisee family who helped make this all possible.”
The beginning of 2016 has also brought another recognition to the Cartridge World brand. FranchiseDirect.com recently announced its 2016 Top 100 Global Franchise rankings, an annual franchise ranking report that is regarded as one of the benchmarks of the industry and for the second year in a row, Cartridge World earned a spot on this prestigious list, ranking at No. 78. The brand was positioned amongst a diverse and dynamic group of global brands, including McDonalds, Marriott International and Century 21. To earn their spot, these major players in the franchise industry all out performed thousands of other franchises to secure their Top 100 Global Franchises ranking.
“The Dealmakers Award and our recent ranking on Franchise Direct’s Top 100 Global Franchise list solidifies our current and future efforts to make Cartridge World the leader in our space and the recognition adds credibility to set up our brand and franchise system for a bright and prosperous future,” added Weedon.
Thirteen years ago Cartridge World opened its first store in the United States, and now has nearly 400 stores in North America and 1,055 worldwide. As a specialized retailer selling ink and toner cartridges, printers, printing supplies, and printer maintenance for home and office customers, Cartridge World is the leading franchise in this $80 billion market.
To learn about Cartridge World franchise opportunities visit: CartridgeWorld.com/franchising/.
About Cartridge World
Cartridge World is the leading ink and toner retailer and franchisor in the $80 billion printer cartridge industry. Stores offer customers a tremendous cost-saving alternative to printing, offering a 30-percent discount over full-priced OEM cartridges and a 100-percent satisfaction guarantee. Cartridge World has more than 1,200 franchised retail locations in over 50 countries. Cartridge World was recently ranked No. 161 on Entrepreneur Magazine’s Franchise 500 list and No. 78 on Franchise Direct’s list of the Top 100 Global Franchises. For information about Cartridge World products or franchise opportunities visit http://www.CartridgeWorld.com.
SOURCE Cartridge World
847.945.1300 Ext. 239
274 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Scooter’s Coffee to Double Presence in Cedar Rapids (3 views)
- Cherry Blow Dry Bar to Expand in New Jersey and Pennsylvania (3 views)
- BodyLogicMD Transforms Integrative Medicine for Physicians and Patients With Exponential Growth and Expansion (2 views)
- Go Burrito Announces Plans to Launch Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Anytime Fitness Flexes Development Plans for Alabama (2 views)
- Dallas Cowboys and 7-Eleven Partner on Limited-Edition Collectible Cup (2 views)
- New Cherry Blow Dry Bar Coming to Marlton, NJ (2 views)
- Mosquito Squad Recognized As One Of America’s Fastest Growing Companies By Inc. Magazine For Seventh Consecutive Year (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Targets Veterans to Fulfill Overwhelming Demand (1 views)
- Brightway Insurance Celebrates Ninth Anniversary (1 views)
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers Celebrates 15 Years of Success (1 views)
- Coverall® Appoints New Chief Financial Officer (1 views)
- NEW FASTSIGNS® LOCATION OPENS IN CORAL SPRINGS (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® International, Inc. CEO Catherine Monson to Speak at U.S. Chamber of Commerce Small Business Series (1 views)
- LOCAL FASTSIGNS ANNOUNCES YEARLONG CELEBRATION AND CHARITY CAMPAIGN (1 views)