- Sub Headline: Steve Weedon Recognized for Key Role in Cartridge World’s 2015 Sale to Suzhou GoldenGreen Technologies
- Franchise URL: http://www.CartridgeWorld.com
- Listed: April 6, 2016 9:41 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
MCHENRY, Ill. – April 06, 2016 – (FranchisePOD.com) – After being appointed to Global CEO of Cartridge World and being charged with the initial task of brokering the sale between the company and Suzhou GoldenGreen Technologies (SGT) last fall, Steve Weedon was recently announced as one of the recipients of Franchise Times’ 2016 Dealmakers award. The fourth annual list celebrates the biggest deals and dealmakers in franchising and recognizes the boldest players driving mergers and acquisitions in the franchise industry.
The Dealmakers award highlights “audacious franchise deal-making” and recipients are chosen by a panel of franchise finance experts who analyze various deals based on their complexity and amount of rigorous work it took to secure the strategic transaction. The revolutionary recapitalization deal between SGT and Cartridge World, which brought the company out of massive debt and set it up for future success, made Weedon a shoe-in for the award. Last month, Weedon along with other recipients attended the Franchise Times Finance & Growth Conference in Las Vegas where he graciously accepted the Dealmaker Award on behalf of Cartridge World during a special ceremony.
“This is a very exciting time in our company’s history and I am extremely honored to be recognized amongst some of the great Dealmakers in the franchise industry,” said Weedon. “I graciously accept this award on behalf of our great company and honor the tremendous work of our corporate team, our Master Franchisees and all members of the Cartridge World franchisee family who helped make this all possible.”
The beginning of 2016 has also brought another recognition to the Cartridge World brand. FranchiseDirect.com recently announced its 2016 Top 100 Global Franchise rankings, an annual franchise ranking report that is regarded as one of the benchmarks of the industry and for the second year in a row, Cartridge World earned a spot on this prestigious list, ranking at No. 78. The brand was positioned amongst a diverse and dynamic group of global brands, including McDonalds, Marriott International and Century 21. To earn their spot, these major players in the franchise industry all out performed thousands of other franchises to secure their Top 100 Global Franchises ranking.
“The Dealmakers Award and our recent ranking on Franchise Direct’s Top 100 Global Franchise list solidifies our current and future efforts to make Cartridge World the leader in our space and the recognition adds credibility to set up our brand and franchise system for a bright and prosperous future,” added Weedon.
Thirteen years ago Cartridge World opened its first store in the United States, and now has nearly 400 stores in North America and 1,055 worldwide. As a specialized retailer selling ink and toner cartridges, printers, printing supplies, and printer maintenance for home and office customers, Cartridge World is the leading franchise in this $80 billion market.
To learn about Cartridge World franchise opportunities visit: CartridgeWorld.com/franchising/.
About Cartridge World
Cartridge World is the leading ink and toner retailer and franchisor in the $80 billion printer cartridge industry. Stores offer customers a tremendous cost-saving alternative to printing, offering a 30-percent discount over full-priced OEM cartridges and a 100-percent satisfaction guarantee. Cartridge World has more than 1,200 franchised retail locations in over 50 countries. Cartridge World was recently ranked No. 161 on Entrepreneur Magazine’s Franchise 500 list and No. 78 on Franchise Direct’s list of the Top 100 Global Franchises. For information about Cartridge World products or franchise opportunities visit http://www.CartridgeWorld.com.
SOURCE Cartridge World
847.945.1300 Ext. 239
257 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Watch how FASTSIGNS helped this printer with our Co-Brand program grow their business by more than 40% (2 views)
- Wetzel’s Pretzels Continues Nontraditional Unit Expansion with Successful Phoenix-Area Walmart Opening (3 views)
- Creamistry Continues California Expansion (2 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (2 views)
- Topgolf Aiming for Richmond as 4th Virginia Location (2 views)
- Jazen Tea Celebrates 5 Years With Free Drinks for a Year (2 views)
- After Floods Swept Through Louisiana, Sport Clips Team Members Band Together to Rebuild a Devastated Community (2 views)
- Floyd Mayweather Expands Business Empire, Announces Mayweather Boxing & Fitness (2 views)
- LOCAL FASTSIGNS FRANCHISE HOSTED A WEEK-LONG OPEN HOUSE (2 views)
- Twisted Taco Opens New Location in Alpharetta (1 views)
- Mosquito Squad Recognized As One Of America’s Fastest Growing Companies By Inc. Magazine For Seventh Consecutive Year (1 views)
- Le Macaron French Pastries Satisfies Sweet Tooth with New Beverage Offerings (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Real Heroes (1 views)
- GYMGUYZ Launches International Expansion with First Canadian Franchise Agreements (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise: Qualities of a Hero (1 views)