- Franchise URL: http://www.chick-fil-a.com
- Listed: April 2, 2016 1:22 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
NEW YORK, April 2, 2016 /FranchisePOD.com/ — Just five months after opening its largest restaurant in the country in Manhattan, Chick-fil-A has increased its New York City footprint with the opening of a second location in the heart of Midtown at West 46th Street and 6th Avenue. The restaurant is engineered to serve customers on-the-go, with an innovative service design geared to get customers in and out in 6 to 8 minutes in a space that is just 23 feet wide.
The restaurant will offer a full menu of fresh, hand-crafted food, featuring several new items that have been recently added to the menu. Its award-winning customer service will go hand in hand with the expedited ordering process for guests, during which restaurant team members use tablets to take customer orders in line so meals are ready once guests reach the counter.
The opening of Chick-fil-A’s first NYC restaurant at West 37th Street and 6th Avenue was met with long lines that continue to wrap around the block at peak hours. Its newest restaurant, located just one block from Times Square and Rockefeller Center and in the largest central business district in the city, is expected to be met with equal demand.
Chick-fil-A at 46th and 6th is locally owned and operated by long-time Chick-fil-A Franchise Owner Al Puglisi and opened at 6:30 a.m. on April 2 with the help of 230 new team members. In the days leading up to the opening, Puglisi and his team surprised unsuspecting New Yorkers at pop-ups around Midtown, giving out free Chick-fil-A to thousands of New Yorkers and surprising 100 participants with free Chick-fil-A for a year. The pop-ups were a twist on Chick-fil-A’s well-known First 100 campout, which has given away nearly $25 million in free food to its First 100 patrons over the past 12 years.
The restaurant has partnered with regional farmers and suppliers to source regionally grown ingredients for its handmade menu items. The majority of fresh produce for Chick-fil-A’s salads will be grown on farms in New York and New Jersey and will be delivered five to six times per week. The restaurant’s fresh bread will be delivered daily from Automatic Rolls of New Jersey, and all of the restaurant’s flatbread will be made and delivered by Brooklyn-based Damascus Bakery.
The restaurant is also partnering with New York Common Pantry — a local organization committed to reducing hunger in New York — to eliminate food waste by donating surplus food multiple times per week. Chick-fil-A began working with New York Common Pantry prior to the opening of Chick-fil-A at 37th and 6th and has donated more than 1,500 pounds of food since October 2015.
Chick-fil-A at 46th and 6th will be open Monday through Saturday from 6:30 a.m. until midnight serving a full breakfast menu until 10:30 a.m. Like all Chick-fil-A restaurants, it will be closed on Sunday.
Chick-fil-A at 46th and 6th is the second Chick-fil-A restaurant to open in Manhattan, with plans to open several other locations in Manhattan and the surrounding boroughs in the next two years. Chick-fil-A has one restaurant location in Port Jefferson in Long Island, and will open in the Long Island communities of Hicksville and Commack later this year.
For downloadable press materials, restaurant photos and more information about Chick-fil-A, visit NYCCFA.com.
About Chick-fil-A, Inc.
Atlanta-based Chick-fil-A, Inc. is a family owned and privately held restaurant company founded in 1946 by S. Truett Cathy. Devoted to serving the local communities in which its franchised restaurants operate, and known for its original chicken sandwich, Chick-fil-A serves freshly prepared food in more than 2,000 restaurants in 43 states and Washington, D.C.
Chick-fil-A system sales exceeded $6 billion in 2015, which marks 48 consecutive years of sales growth. Chick-fil-A ranked first for customer satisfaction in the Limited Service Restaurants industry according to the 2015 American Customer Satisfaction Index and received the highest ACSI score ever in the industry. The company was also recognized in 2015 as America’s “Top Chicken Restaurant Brand” by The Harris Poll and the only restaurant brand named to the Top 10 “Best Companies to Work For” by 24/7 Wall Street. More information on Chick-fil-A is available on the chain’s website located at www.chick-fil-a.com.
SOURCE Chick-fil-A, Inc.
280 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- How This U.S. Veteran Thrived as a Signal 88 Franchisee (3 views)
- Signal 88 Locking Down Security Business (2 views)
- Sport Clips Haircut Franchise Markets Available By State (2 views)
- New Cherry Blow Dry Bar Coming to Marlton, NJ (2 views)
- E-2 Visa Holders Welcome As Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® Franchisees (2 views)
- New Wag N’ Wash in Redmond Part of 15-Store Expansion Plan (2 views)
- BumperDoc Franchises Featured in Fender Bender’s MSO Project (2 views)
- Go Burrito Announces Plans to Launch Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Club Pilates Named America’s Fourth Fastest-Growing Company by Inc. Magazine (2 views)
- 10th Annual Tilted Kilt Calendar: Kilt Calendar Girls Across the Country Celebrate Launch (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS OF KIRKLAND ACQUIRES STANFORD SIGNS (2 views)
- Local franchisees recognized for charitable giving (2 views)
- Orlando Business Journal: Signal 88 Security to Expand in Florida (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS: EXTENDING BRANDING ELEMENTS TO INTERIOR DÉCOR PROMOTES CULTURE AND ENGAGEMENT (2 views)
- AtWork Group Ranked as One of the Largest Staffing Firms in the US (1 views)