- Sub Headline: Services to be held Sunday, Nov. 29 at Auburn United Methodist Church
- City: Auburn
- State: Alabama
- Listed: November 27, 2015 10:23 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
AUBURN, Ala. – Nov. 25, 2015 // FranchisePOD.com // – Chicken Salad Chick, the nation’s only southern inspired, fast casual chicken salad restaurant concept, announced today that Kevin Brown, who co-founded Chicken Salad Chick with Stacy Melton Brown, passed away on November 21 after a two-year battle with cancer.
“Kevin Brown has played such an important role in the growth and history of Chicken Salad Chick,” said CEO Scott Deviney. “He displayed strength and courage in the hardest of times and served as an unforgettable example of determination and will power. He will be greatly missed by all.”
Back in 2008, the Chicken Salad Chick concept was a home-based business, which started in the kitchen of Stacy Brown. Kevin Brown was instrumental in turning Stacy’s passion into a successful business. He established, managed and enhanced the restaurant operations, while working tirelessly to create a more efficient kitchen. As Stacy perfected her recipes, Kevin optimized the business and pushed for the brand to become a franchise. Together, they grew from a small take-out restaurant in Alabama to a leading fast-casual restaurant chain that now has 43 restaurants across the Southeast.
While the Chicken Salad Chick family has lost someone who cannot be replaced, Kevin had the vision to lay the groundwork for what’s to come by forming a partnership with Eagle Merchant Partners and stepping aside as CEO in May of 2015. Despite the loss, Chicken Salad Chick will continue to grow as Kevin envisioned.
Kevin also launched the Chicken Salad Chick Foundation after his diagnosis in September 2014. The foundation provides funding to the American Cancer Society to help eliminate cancer as a major health problem, supports local cancer centers, and provides food for hungry people through the support of local food banks and their various programs. Since its inception, the Foundation has raised over $250,000.
A native of Eufaula, Alabama, Kevin Brown was born on April 6, 1975. He attended The Lakeside School in Eufaula before attending the University of Alabama. He spent 15 years in the sales and sales management industry before co-founding Chicken Salad Chick with Stacy. Brown leaves behind a wife and four children.
The service to celebrate Kevin’s life will take place at the Auburn United Methodist Church at 2:00 p.m. C.S.T. on Sunday, November 29th. In lieu of flowers, the Brown family asks that you instead contribute to the Chicken Salad Chick Foundation. Please visit www.chickensaladchick.com/foundation or mail your contribution to the Chicken Salad Chick Foundation, 724 North Dean Rd. Suite 100, Auburn, AL 36830.
About Chicken Salad Chick
Chicken Salad Chick puts an edgy twist on a Southern classic, offering guests a “custom fit” chicken salad experience, with 15 original flavors to choose from, as well as gourmet soups, flavorful side salads and freshly-baked desserts. Today, the brand has 43 locations across the Southeast, and has currently sold 141 franchises to be developed across the states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North and South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. The brand was recently named as the top chicken salad in the country to try in the March/April issue of Cooking with Paula Deen, as well as one of FastCasual.com’s top Movers and Shakers and as one of NRN’s 2015 Breakout Brands. Corporate offices are located at 724 North Dean Road in Auburn, Alabama. See www.chickensaladchick.com for additional information.
SOURCE Chicken Salad Chick
244 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Sport Clips Haircut Franchise Markets Available By State (1 views)
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- NEW FASTSIGNS® LOCATION OPENS IN CORAL SPRINGS (2 views)
- DRNK & QWENCH Announces Huge Development News! (1 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (1 views)
- Mother and Son Duo Start Family Business With Signal 88 Security (1 views)
- Club Pilates Named America’s Fourth Fastest-Growing Company by Inc. Magazine (1 views)
- Local franchisees recognized for charitable giving (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Sponsors National Business Media Show In Fort Lauderdale, Florida February 16-18 (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® RECEIVES TWO HORIZON INTERACTIVE AWARDS FOR WEBSITE DESIGN & FUNCTIONALITY (1 views)
- SIGNAL 88 OFFICER OF THE MONTH FEBRUARY, BRENDON BENSON (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® International, Inc. CEO Catherine Monson to Speak at U.S. Chamber of Commerce Small Business Series (1 views)
- The Carving Board Sandwiches Serves Up National Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS INTERNATIONAL, INC. CEO CATHERINE MONSON NAMED IN TOP 20 FACES OF FRANCHISING (1 views)