- Sub Headline: To Raise $3 Million In Eighth Annual Art Van Charity Challenge Kicking Off February 1 - Retailer to award $300,000 in grants to fundraising nonprofits, upping this year's first place prize to $100,000
- City: Warren
- State: Michigan
- Franchise URL: http://www.artvancharitychallenge.com
- Listed: February 1, 2016 9:03 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
WARREN, Mich. – Feb. 1, 2016 // FranchisePOD.com // – Rise to the (charity) challenge! The eighth annual 2016 Art Van Charity Challenge competition kicks off February 1 with Cindy Crawford, international supermodel, businesswoman and philanthropist, reprising her role as the campaign’s official ambassador for the second consecutive year. Crawford plans to inspire nonprofit organizations in Michigan, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio to raise $3 million during this year’s spirited competition.
“We are delighted that Cindy has embraced the Art Van Charity Challenge by lending not just her name, but her deep commitment to this extraordinary community initiative,” said Art Van Elslander, founder and chairman of Art Van Furniture. “The fundraising bar has been set high for this year’s competition and I look forward to seeing how participating charities rise to the occasion.”
On February 1, the Art Van Charity Challenge, powered by CrowdRise, will begin accepting applications from Midwest nonprofit organizations focusing on children, health care and human services. Art Van Furniture will award a total of $300,000 in grants to fundraising nonprofits, with this year’s top prize increasing to $100,000. Other grants awarded will range from $1,500 to $50,000. The competition lasts five weeks, from May 18 to June 22, 2016. To date, the Art Van Charity Challenge has raised the most funds out of all CrowdRise challenges in the Midwest.
“Each of us has been touched in our lives by someone in need of the services these wonderful charities provide,” said Crawford, who lost her brother to leukemia when she was nine years old and has helped raise money for the Leukemia Foundation of America and other special causes. “It is a privilege for me, and fulfilling on so many levels, to again play a role in supporting so many deserving organizations through the Art Van Charity Challenge.”
The Art Van Charity Challenge raised $2.3 million in 2015, over $22 million in the past seven years, and donated more than $7 million to participating nonprofit organizations. The Art Van Charity Challenge supports more than 260 charity partners in the communities it serves. For more information, visit artvancharitychallenge.com.
About Art Van Furniture
Art Van Furniture is the Midwest’s largest furniture retailer and America’s largest independent furniture retailer. The company operates 100 stores throughout Michigan, Illinois, Ohio, and Indiana, including freestanding Art Van PureSleep mattress stores, Art Van Flooring stores, and Art Van Furniture franchise locations as well as a full service e-commerce website. Founded in 1959, the company is family-owned and headquartered in Warren, Michigan. Visit artvan.com for more information.
SOURCE Art Van Furniture
463 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Meet The FASTSIGNS Franchise Corporate Leadership Team (2 views)
- Veterans Find Second Career as VaporFi Franchise Owners (5 views)
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers Celebrates 15 Years of Success (4 views)
- Creamistry Continues California Expansion (4 views)
- Tacos 4 Life Restaurant Brings on New Executives to Expand Business and Mission (4 views)
- Back Yard Burger Supports Dine Out for No Kid Hungry (3 views)
- Moran Family of Brands Announces Franchisees of the Year (3 views)
- School Of Rock Names Anthony Padulo Chief Development Officer (2 views)
- Brightway Insurance names new Chairman; David Miller becomes Executive Chairman (2 views)
- SUPPLY POINTe Launches Nationwide Franchise Program (2 views)
- The Loop Pizza Grill Opens New Jacksonville Location (2 views)
- Quaker Steak & Lube® New Entrees and Desserts Combine for a Full-Meal Dining Experience (2 views)
- MILITARY FAMILY RETURNS TO WASHINGTON AND OPENS LOCAL FASTSIGNS FRANCHISE BUSINESS (2 views)
- Joshua Trejo – Sport Clips Help A Hero Scholarship Recipient Video (2 views)
- Go Burrito Announces Plans to Launch Franchise Opportunities (1 views)