- Sub Headline: To Raise $3 Million In Eighth Annual Art Van Charity Challenge Kicking Off February 1 - Retailer to award $300,000 in grants to fundraising nonprofits, upping this year's first place prize to $100,000
- City: Warren
- State: Michigan
- Franchise URL: http://www.artvancharitychallenge.com
- Listed: February 1, 2016 9:03 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
WARREN, Mich. – Feb. 1, 2016 // FranchisePOD.com // – Rise to the (charity) challenge! The eighth annual 2016 Art Van Charity Challenge competition kicks off February 1 with Cindy Crawford, international supermodel, businesswoman and philanthropist, reprising her role as the campaign’s official ambassador for the second consecutive year. Crawford plans to inspire nonprofit organizations in Michigan, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio to raise $3 million during this year’s spirited competition.
“We are delighted that Cindy has embraced the Art Van Charity Challenge by lending not just her name, but her deep commitment to this extraordinary community initiative,” said Art Van Elslander, founder and chairman of Art Van Furniture. “The fundraising bar has been set high for this year’s competition and I look forward to seeing how participating charities rise to the occasion.”
On February 1, the Art Van Charity Challenge, powered by CrowdRise, will begin accepting applications from Midwest nonprofit organizations focusing on children, health care and human services. Art Van Furniture will award a total of $300,000 in grants to fundraising nonprofits, with this year’s top prize increasing to $100,000. Other grants awarded will range from $1,500 to $50,000. The competition lasts five weeks, from May 18 to June 22, 2016. To date, the Art Van Charity Challenge has raised the most funds out of all CrowdRise challenges in the Midwest.
“Each of us has been touched in our lives by someone in need of the services these wonderful charities provide,” said Crawford, who lost her brother to leukemia when she was nine years old and has helped raise money for the Leukemia Foundation of America and other special causes. “It is a privilege for me, and fulfilling on so many levels, to again play a role in supporting so many deserving organizations through the Art Van Charity Challenge.”
The Art Van Charity Challenge raised $2.3 million in 2015, over $22 million in the past seven years, and donated more than $7 million to participating nonprofit organizations. The Art Van Charity Challenge supports more than 260 charity partners in the communities it serves. For more information, visit artvancharitychallenge.com.
About Art Van Furniture
Art Van Furniture is the Midwest’s largest furniture retailer and America’s largest independent furniture retailer. The company operates 100 stores throughout Michigan, Illinois, Ohio, and Indiana, including freestanding Art Van PureSleep mattress stores, Art Van Flooring stores, and Art Van Furniture franchise locations as well as a full service e-commerce website. Founded in 1959, the company is family-owned and headquartered in Warren, Michigan. Visit artvan.com for more information.
SOURCE Art Van Furniture
505 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Sport Clips Haircut Franchise Markets Available By State (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® reporta crecimiento sin precedente al firmar acuerdo con 63 nuevas franquicias en 2016 (3 views)
- AtWork Group Ranked as One of the Largest Staffing Firms in the US (3 views)
- E-2 Visa Holders Welcome As Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® Franchisees (3 views)
- Always Best Care Announces New Owner Of Burlington Territory (2 views)
- NEW FASTSIGNS® FRANCHISEE ACQUIRES MAMMOTH SIGNS (2 views)
- NEW FASTSIGNS® CENTER OPENS IN FARMINGTON, NEW MEXICO (1 views)
- Meet our Sport Clips Team Leader in New Jersey: Ashley Gray (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Sponsors National Business Media Show In Fort Lauderdale, Florida February 16-18 (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Seeks Franchisees At Annual NPOA Conference February 2-4 (1 views)
- Brightway Insurance Celebrates Ninth Anniversary (1 views)
- NEW BUSINESS IN TOWN: FASTSIGNS® OF EUGENE NOW OPEN (1 views)
- Go Burrito Announces Plans to Launch Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- Tin Drum Asian Kitchen Taps Hot Foodie Trend with New Poke Menu Offerings (1 views)
- Hurricane Harvey: How You Can Help (1 views)