- Sub Headline: With Summer in Full Swing, Auto Repair Brand Offers Advice
- Franchise URL: http://www.Cottman.com
- Listed: July 25, 2016 2:52 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
HORSHAM, PA (FranchisePOD.com) JULY 25, 2016 – Every summer, high temperatures and extreme heat waves take a toll on vehicles and their engines, which can lead to unexpected expenses for unprepared drivers.
In fact, the American Automobile Association (AAA) estimates more than 8 million automobiles in need of their roadside assistance during the summer months. Since this figure is most to increase this year because lower gas prices are encouraging more summer road trips, Cottman Transmission and Total Auto Car released today a list of tips to help prevent cars from becoming a statistic.
Here are the top suggestions Cottman Transmission and Total Auto Care urges every driver to take:
- Check Coolant Levels: While the engine is running, a vehicle’s cooling system regulates the engine’s operating temperature. To keep the cooling system operating at peak efficiency, it is important to have the coolant level checked periodically and the coolant system flushed as recommended by the vehicle manufacturer. A car owner’s manual will have more information on the best schedule to follow for your vehicle.
- Inspect Radiator for Debris: While driving, dirt and road debris can build up on the radiator and cause a blockage in airflow and heat transfer. When this build up occurs, have your technician clean this system to prevent overheating.
- Inspect Tire Pressure: If a vehicle’s tires are worn or cracked, it can be risky driving in hot weather. There is a great chance the tires can blow out, which at high speeds can be extremely dangerous and cause a collision.
- Check Your Battery: Most car batteries last between four and five years. This figure greatly varies in hot climates, where car batteries usually last about three years. With that said, because high temperatures can damage a car’s battery, it is recommended to be especially cautious during the summer and have your battery tested.
Another resource available to drivers interested in fuel efficiency is The Cottman Man’s Educational Video Series, which Cottman Transmission and Total Auto Care recently released as an informational resource for preventative and proactive car care tips. To view The Cottman Man Educational Video Series, visit http://www.cottman.com/videos/.
“This time of year, it is easier than ever to have your vehicle’s engine overheat and cause tremendous damage,” said Derik Beck, vice president of digital marketing for Cottman Transmission and Total Auto Care. “Luckily, there are a lot of easy and inexpensive steps we recommend so our customers never have to worry.”
To learn more about Cottman Transmission and Total Auto Care and its available franchise opportunities please visit http://www.cottman.com/cottman-franchise-opportunities/.
About Cottman Transmission and Total Auto Care:
With locations across the U.S., Cottman Transmission and Total Auto Care is a transmission and auto repair brand that services almost any make or model vehicle, foreign or domestic. Cottman Transmission and Total Auto Care centers specialize in complete transmission service, brakes, suspension, air conditioning service and much more. Cottman’s headquarters is based in Horsham, Pennsylvania. For more information, please visit http://www.Cottman.com and http://www.TheCottmanManBlog.com.
509 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Announces First European Master Franchise (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Creamistry Continues California Expansion (3 views)
- Altitude Trampoline Park Springing In To Skokie, IL In 2018 (2 views)
- Topgolf Aiming for Richmond as 4th Virginia Location (2 views)
- Go Burrito Announces Plans to Launch Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers Celebrates 15 Years of Success (2 views)
- Local Entrepreneur Opens Beeline Bikes in San Antonio (2 views)
- World-Famous Donut Bar to Offer Exclusive Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- How the FASTSIGNS Co-Brand Opportunity is Helping This Veteran Photo Company Video (1 views)
- Build Your Dream Lineup At Taco John’s® (1 views)
- Le Macaron French Pastries Satisfies Sweet Tooth with New Beverage Offerings (1 views)
- Meet our Sport Clips Team Leader in New Jersey: Ashley Gray (1 views)
- Back Yard Burger Supports Dine Out for No Kid Hungry (1 views)
- Franchise growth, stylist opportunities, philanthropies and awards “Excite” at Sport Clips Haircuts National Huddle (1 views)