- Sub Headline: Milwaukee-based Sub Shop Funds Nonprofit Programming
- Listed: August 16, 2017 10:31 am
- Expires: 206 days, 14 hours
Cousins Subs® Makes It Better In Communities Across Wisconsin
August 15, 2017 // FranchisePOD.com // MILWAUKEE – Cousins Subs® Make It Better Foundation reaches $250,000 grant milestone with $7,000 in donations to four statewide nonprofits – Hawthorne Elementary School, Victory Garden Initiative, Franklin Police Citizens Academy Alumni and Volunteer Center of Brown County.
Since Cousins’ inception in 1972, it’s had a passion and commitment to giving back to the communities it serves. That’s why in 2013 the sub shop established its Make It Better Foundation, a nonprofit charitable organization dedicated to providing support in three areas of interest vital to any community: youth education, hunger & health and wellness. Recently, the Make It Better Foundation funded four area nonprofits focused on increasing literacy skills and academic performance, providing skills to positively impact youth health and increasing child identification methods.
“Our Make It Better Foundation was born out of the passion and commitment to Believe in Better – for our guests, family, friends and community,” said Justin McCoy, vp of marketing at Cousins Subs. “We feel an unwavering responsibility to give back to the communities that have been by our side for the last 45 years.”
Through the Make It Better Foundation, Cousins has awarded $250,000 to 52 organizations throughout the state of Wisconsin. Funding has supported nonprofit programing that directly ties to the Foundation’s three pillars and has the greatest impact for those in need. Examples include Wisconsin DECA, Boys & Girls Clubs and Best Buddies Wisconsin. Additional program support has focused on areas such as youth education, school supplies/equipment, disability programs, disaster relief, clothing/food pantries and mental health and recovery programs.
In order to fulfill its mission to Believe in Better, the sub shop hosts annual cause campaigns in support of Wisconsin-based nonprofits such as the Vince Lombardi Cancer Foundation and Hunger Task Force. Through campaigns such as Block Out Hunger, Combos For A Cure and the Wisconsin Sports Awards (WSA) Scholarship Contest, Cousins has provided 17,113 pounds of nutritious food to thousands of families in need, created more cancer-free tomorrows through $100,000 in donations to cancer care and research and assisted 16 student-athletes on their journey to continuing education.
From corporate support staff to franchisees and restaurant staff, the mission of the Make It Better Foundation is implemented day in and day out. By working with schools to host donation nights to offset the costs of educational programming to supporting reading programs, Cousins’ franchise community works each day to ensure youth have access to the education they need to thrive in today’s competitive market. In addition, they work to alleviate hunger in their direct communities by donating bread and other food products to local shelters and nonprofits. Cousins’ staff also work closely with local nonprofits to host collection drives, fundraisers and provide healthier food options for events.
“As a Wisconsin-based sub shop, giving back to the communities we serve remains at the forefront of our brand’s values and beliefs,” said McCoy. “By assisting local nonprofit organizations through our Make It Better Foundation, we’re able to directly impact the quality of life of people in the areas we call home. We look forward to continuing this tradition to Believe in Better in current and new areas as we expand our brand into Illinois and the Midwest.”
For more information on Cousins Subs Make It Better Foundation, visit www.cousinssubs.com/foundation.
About Cousins Subs
Wisconsin-based Cousins Subs®, a family-owned, fast casual sub shop established in 1972 by Bill Specht and Jim Sheppard, is driven by the mission to Believe in Better™ – both in the quality of food it serves and in the communities it supports. Cousins Subs and its franchisees operate more than 100 sub sandwich shops throughout Wisconsin and Arizona, providing guests with quality deli fresh and made to order grilled subs only using the freshest ingredients on its signature bread baked daily. For more information, visit www.cousinssubs.com. You can also find Cousins Subs on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
SOURCE Cousins Subs
180 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (5 views)
- Tacos 4 Life Restaurant Brings on New Executives to Expand Business and Mission (6 views)
- SUPPLY POINTe Launches Nationwide Franchise Program (6 views)
- Meet our Sport Clips Team Leader in New Jersey: Ashley Gray (5 views)
- Woody’s Bar-B-Q® Heads North to Bring a Taste of the South to the Empire State (5 views)
- LOCAL FASTSIGNS FRANCHISEE PROVIDES SIGNS OF SUPPORT FOR BIG BROTHERS BIG SISTERS (5 views)
- E-2 Visa Holders Welcome As Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® Franchisees (4 views)
- A Flavorful Fall Is Coming to Dunkin’ Donuts this Month (4 views)
- Creamistry Continues California Expansion (4 views)
- FASTSIGNS® of Rosenberg/Richmond, Texas Now Open (4 views)
- MyWay Mobile Storage Provides Portable Storage Containers to 2017 Festival of Nations (4 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Targets Veterans to Fulfill Overwhelming Demand (4 views)
- Signal 88 Security, a Premier Security Services Franchise, Announces Strategic Growth Plan to Add Locations Nationwide (4 views)
- Quaker Steak & Lube® New Entrees and Desserts Combine for a Full-Meal Dining Experience (4 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise – Reed Nyffeler – The Role of the Annual Convention (4 views)