- Sub Headline: Island-Themed Shaved Ice Franchise Celebrates Seventh Annual Kona Konvention; Introduces the World to its New Flavoring Company, Mobile App and So Much More
- City: Florence
- State: Kentucky
- Franchise URL: http://www.kona-ice.com
- Listed: February 11, 2016 8:27 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
February 11, 2016 // FranchisePOD.com // FLORENCE, KY – Kona Ice is preparing to surf into new turf this season.
The tropical shaved ice brand recently introduced a tidal wave of innovations during the Kona Konvention held in Northern Kentucky from January 28th thru January 31st, including the launch of a new flavoring company and the rollout of a mobile phone app. The brand also announced that it has given away a total of $35 million to communities nationwide since its inception eight years ago.
In addition to the recent updates, Mayor Sherry Carran of Covington, Kentucky, made a special appearance to proclaim that January 29th has officially been named “Kona Ice Day,” which was met with a standing ovation at the event.
“This past year has been met with one breakthrough after another,” said Tony Lamb, president and founder of Florence-based Kona Ice. “And, now there is no slowing down. Since day one, we have been committed to innovation. Whether its adding solar panels to our trucks, minis and kiosks, redesigning our website or developing our own propriety flavors, we are moving mountains for our franchisees and our customers. I couldn’t be more energized about the direction the company is headed now and in the months and years to come.”
Building on the excitement following the 2016 Kona Konvention, franchisees are abuzz about the launch of Kona Kreations, the official flavoring company that Kona Ice Korporate has created. The subsidiary, which is based in Austin, Texas, will allow franchisees exclusive access to the brand’s proprietary flavors. It will also guarantee greater quality assurance, ensuring the flavor combinations meet federal guidelines in each of the communities the brand serves.
In addition to introducing an assortment of tasty new flavors, Kona Ice will be making its way into app stores towards the end of the winter. The brand will be rolling-out its new Island Rush mobile app, which brings everyone’s favorite Kona characters to life in a series of virtual obstacle courses. The mobile gaming app allows users to earn points for conquering new levels, which can be redeemed for fun prizes such as a t-shirt or color changing cup. The brand is equally excited about the debut of its new website and the recent updates to its iconic truck, mini and kiosk, which include solar panels, adjustable interior lighting, among other enhancements.
Of course, the most momentous announcement of the Kona Konvention was the presentation of the brand’s overall giveback figure. Since Kona Ice launched in 2007, the brand has donated more than $35 million to community groups and organizations around the country. The fundraising efforts have become a source of pride to the brand’s franchisees who are honored to play such as critical role in the neighborhoods they serve.
“It is unbelievable what our franchisees have accomplished,” added Lamb. “When I look around the room at our annual convention, I see a former banker who raised more than $10,000 for a local elementary school. I see a teacher who has donated $3,000 to a family in need. I see so many inspiring individuals that keep our company thinking big and rising to the occasion day-in and day-out.”
Ranked number one in the “Frozen Desserts” category and 77th overall in Entrepreneur Magazine’s 2016 Franchise 500® list, Kona Ice offers communities throughout North America cool, sweet treats while providing local organizations, like schools, churches, youth sports leagues and many more a unique fundraising opportunity. Kona Ice franchisees establish strong partnerships with the community to help organizations fundraise for after school activities, uniforms, textbooks, field trips and more.
To learn more about Kona Ice, visit: www.kona-ice.com. For more information about available franchise opportunities, visit: www.ownakona.com.
About Kona Ice
A true community ally renowned for facilitating endless fundraising options, Kona Ice has given more than $35 million dollars back to neighborhood schools, organizations and teams since its inception in 2007. The brand’s iconic truck offers customers a one-of-a-kind experience, featuring the opportunity to create their own Kona Ice on the self-serve Flavorwave™, while enjoying the soothing sights and sounds from the tropics. Currently, there are 700-plus franchise units in more than 45 states. For more information about booking Kona Ice for a fundraiser or event, visit www.kona-ice.com. To learn more about available franchise opportunities, visit www.ownakona.com or call (800) KONAICE.
SOURCE Kona Ice
Public Relations Associate
248 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (4 views)
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers Celebrates 15 Years of Success (7 views)
- Meet our Sport Clips Team Leader in New Jersey: Ashley Gray (6 views)
- AtWork Group Ranked as One of the Largest Staffing Firms in the US (6 views)
- E-2 Visa Holders Welcome As Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® Franchisees (5 views)
- Meet Mark Jameson, FASTSIGNS, Executive Vice President, Franchise Support & Development (5 views)
- Always Best Care Announces New Owner Of Burlington Territory (5 views)
- Veterans Find Second Career as VaporFi Franchise Owners (5 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler – Rise 2017 Planned Breakout Sessions (5 views)
- FASTSIGNS® reporta crecimiento sin precedente al firmar acuerdo con 63 nuevas franquicias en 2016 (5 views)
- Quaker Steak & Lube® New Entrees and Desserts Combine for a Full-Meal Dining Experience (4 views)
- Signal 88 Security, a Premier Security Services Franchise, Announces Strategic Growth Plan to Add Locations Nationwide (4 views)
- Del Taco to Expand Arizona Presence with 14 New Restaurants (4 views)
- Hurricane Harvey: How You Can Help (4 views)
- NEW FASTSIGNS® FRANCHISEE ACQUIRES MAMMOTH SIGNS (4 views)