- Sub Headline: Crimson Cup Coffee & Tea has added Organic Mexican Colorada to its Friend2Farmer line of direct trade coffees. Fully washed and patio dried, this certified organic coffee displays tasting notes of pineapple, lime and sugar cane.
- City: Columbus
- State: Ohio
- Franchise URL: crimsoncup.com
- Listed: November 28, 2015 11:22 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
COLUMBUS, OHIO (FranchisePOD.com) NOVEMBER 27, 2015 – Columbus, Ohio coffee roaster Crimson Cup Coffee & Tea, Roast magazine’s 2016 Macro Roaster of the Year, has added Mexican Colorada to its Friend2Farmer line of direct trade coffees. Mexican Colorada is grown by a woman-owned co-op near the town of Juquila Vijanos in Oaxaca, Mexico.
“We’re proud to bring what is known in the region as ‘God’s Coffee’ to our customers in the U.S.,” said Crimson Cup Founder and President Greg Ubert. “We’re also excited to begin working with the indigenous Zapotec community through our Friend2Farmer program.”
This certified organic coffee is fully washed and sun dried on a patio. When lightly roasted, it displays notes of pineapple, lime and sugar cane.
Crimson Cup coffee buyers discovered Mexican Colorada during a trip to several Central American coffee-growing countries earlier this year. Members of the woman-owned Coordinadora Productores de Cafe de la Sierra Norte co-op produce this coffee from catui varietals growing at 5,250 feet.
“We were the first American roasters to visit this Zapotec community, and they shared their story with great pride,” said Coffee Buyer Dave Eldridge. “They called a town meeting for our arrival, served us coffee in accordance to their traditions, and explained the long history of the development of ‘God’s Coffee.’”
The community started growing coffee in the 1930s, but it wasn’t until the early 1990s that they stared replacing other crops with coffee. They hoped for the best during the years it took their coffee trees to begin producing.
Roast magazine editors cited Crimson Cup’s work in cultivating relationships with coffee growers around the world as a factor in awarding the 2016 Macro Roaster of the Year title to the Columbus, Ohio roaster.
“Through our Friend2Farmer direct trade program, we work hand-in-hand to develop better coffee and a better quality of life for coffee farmers, their families and their communities,” Ubert said. “By paying above-market prices directly to growers, we give them more money to reinvest in their communities.”
About Crimson Cup Coffee & Tea
Columbus, Ohio coffee roaster Crimson Cup Coffee & Tea is Roast magazine’s 2016 Macro Roaster of the Year. Since 1991, Crimson Cup has roasted sustainably sourced specialty and craft coffee in small batches. The company also teaches entrepreneurs to run successful coffee houses through its coffee franchise alternative program, which includes a coffee shop business plan. Crimson Cup coffee is available through a community of more than 350 independent coffee houses, grocers, college and universities, restaurants and food service operations across 29 states, Guam and Bangladesh, as well as the company’s own Crimson Cup Coffee Houses. To learn more, visit crimsoncup.com.
181 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- An Interview with Signal 88 Co-Founder Reed Nyffeler (4 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (4 views)
- FASTSIGNS Franchise Opportunities (4 views)
- Signal 88 Sales Training Helps Convert Former Police Officers to Sales People (4 views)
- Sport Clips Emerging Market Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Signal 88 Security Announces First European Master Franchise (3 views)
- Woody’s Bar-B-Q® Heads North to Bring a Taste of the South to the Empire State (4 views)
- Creamistry Continues California Expansion (3 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler On the Value of the Franchise Group (3 views)
- Wetzel’s Pretzels Continues Nontraditional Unit Expansion with Successful Phoenix-Area Walmart Opening (3 views)
- Signal 88 Security – Reed Nyffeler – Signal 88’s Vision (3 views)
- Tacos 4 Life Restaurant Brings on New Executives to Expand Business and Mission (3 views)
- theCoderSchool to Continue California Expansion (3 views)
- SUPPLY POINTe Launches Nationwide Franchise Program (3 views)
- Smashburger’s New Triple Double Cheeseburger Irks California’s Giant In-N-Out Burger (3 views)