- Sub Headline: Family on a Mission to Answer Social Media Pleas to Reopen Beloved Chicken Chain Locally
- Franchise URL: http://www.LoveMrsWinners.com
- Listed: June 20, 2016 2:10 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
June 20, 2016 (FranchisePOD.com) MEMPHIS, TN – A crowdfunding campaign launches today to help bring the beloved Southeastern quick-service restaurant, Mrs. Winner’s Chicken & Biscuits, back to Memphis with the help of local residents. In 30 days, a family with a strong affinity for the brand is hoping to raise $30,000 from supporters in the community to be a part of Mrs. Winner’s return to the city.
The family behind the campaign is husband and wife duo Rachel and Poul Pedersen. The couple, and Rachel’s father, Thomas Bell, are banding together in this venture to open the restaurant. Rachel, who currently helps market Mrs. Winner’s on social media, fell in love with the brand and its visions to revive it to the former glory days. Seeing firsthand on social media the customer pleas for a Mrs. Winner’s return to Memphis, she set out to become one of the first new franchisees after Mrs. Winner’s closed 115 locations around the Southeast in 2010.
Together, the family will invest a majority of the funds needed to open the franchise restaurant, but seek additional help from Memphis community members in order to start cooking Mrs. Winner’s home-style fried chicken and made-from-scratch biscuits once again.
“We are crowdfunding a Mrs. Winner’s restaurant because we believe in the power of hard work, the entrepreneurial spirit, faith and the American Dream, which are all philosophies that mirror the Mrs. Winner’s brand,” said Rachel Pedersen. “We want the Memphis community to be involved in bringing this treasured brand back to the city where I know firsthand how much it has been missed.”
In exchange for donations between $5 and $10,000, The Pedersen family will provide unique rewards corresponding with contributions, including invitations to Mrs. Winner’s grand opening celebration where one attendee has the chance to win free Mrs. Winner’s from their new store for life, free Mrs. Winner’s meals, catered Mrs. Winner’s parties, donors’ names inscribed in a gold plaque in the new restaurant and more. The funds raised will go towards securing the lease of a prime real estate property and aid in the hiring process of local employees.
Founded in 1979, Mrs. Winner’s was once a staple in the QSR fried chicken and biscuits market. During the early years, the company surged to 184 restaurants throughout the Southeast. After struggling through multiple ownership transactions and financial missteps, Mrs. Winner’s closed all of its company-owned stores and filed for bankruptcy in 2010, leaving only a handful of restaurants open. In 2012, current CEO John Buttolph acquired the rights to the company and is working to rebuild the brand back to what it once was. There are currently 13 Mrs. Winner’s locations throughout Georgia, North Carolina and Tennessee.
To learn more about the IndieGoGo campaign and to contribute, visit https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/bring-mrs-winner-s-back-to-memphis#/.
About Mrs. Winner’s Chicken & Biscuits
Mrs. Winner’s Chicken & Biscuits is a legacy Southern quick service restaurant chain that prides itself on serving authentic Southern chicken and home-style menu items. Founded in 1979 by Jack C. Massey, a QSR empire builder, Mrs. Winner’s distinctive menu includes home-style fried chicken, made-from-scratch biscuits, savory cinnamon swirls and a selection of hearty side items. There are currently 13 locations throughout Georgia, North Carolina and Tennessee. For more information about Mrs. Winner’s and its franchise opportunities, visit www.lovemrswinners.com.
SOURCE Mrs. Winner’s Chicken & Biscuits
847.945.1300, ext. 240
314 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (3 views)
- How This U.S. Veteran Thrived as a Signal 88 Franchisee (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Targets Veterans to Fulfill Overwhelming Demand (4 views)
- School Of Rock Names Anthony Padulo Chief Development Officer (4 views)
- Woody’s Bar-B-Q® Heads North to Bring a Taste of the South to the Empire State (3 views)
- New PickUp USA Fitness Franchise Opening in Las Vegas (3 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Seeks Franchisees At ISA Sign Expo April 19-22 (3 views)
- Fajita Pete’s Continues Franchising Development Throughout Texas (2 views)
- New Cherry Blow Dry Bar Coming to Marlton, NJ (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security – Reed Nyffeler – Signal 88’s Vision (2 views)
- Orlando Business Journal: Signal 88 Security to Expand in Florida (2 views)
- Moran Family of Brands Announces Franchisees of the Year (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS OF KIRKLAND ACQUIRES STANFORD SIGNS (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS SIGNS OF SUCCESS: DOWNTOWN COUPLE EXPERIENCES BUSINESS GROWTH AND EXPANSION (2 views)