Cruise Planners COO Named Outstanding Woman of the Year; Honors Colleague’s Memory through Charitable Giving
- Sub Headline: On behalf of the Boys and Girls Club of Broward County, 100 women were recognized for charitable giving
- Franchise URL: http://www.CruisePlanners.com
- Listed: May 20, 2016 11:12 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
CORAL SPRINGS, FLA. (FranchisePOD.com) May 20, 2016 – Cruise Planners co-owner and COO, Vicky Garcia, was honored last week at the 100 Outstanding Women in Broward County on behalf of the Boys and Girls Clubs. Garcia is known throughout South Florida and within the travel and cruise industries for her charitable giving, leadership and fundraising efforts.
“I feel inspired to give back to the community and as a leader in the travel industry, I am proud to support those in need,” said Vicky Garcia, COO and co-owner of Cruise Planners, an American Express Travel Representative. “I enjoy being actively engaged and involved in our community and encourage others around me to participate as well.”
Garcia’s spirit is contagious and shared among the Cruise Planners franchise owners across the U.S. and this comes to life through the company’s CP Cares corporate giving program.
“We are so proud of the positive difference Vicky has made in the community with her many contributions by supporting numerous charities,” said Vicki Freed, Senior Vice President, Sales and Trade Support & Service at Royal Caribbean International. “She is an outstanding leader and stands out in South Florida and in the travel industry as someone who is dedicated to helping make this a better place to live. Not just by selling travel, but by giving back to the community.”
In fact, in 2012, Garcia spearheaded an intense 10-week campaign, and was named Woman of the Year for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, which led to even more opportunities to give back. This year, the company is campaigning in memory of a colleague, Beverly Brean, who passed away earlier this year.
“Everyone grieves differently,” Garcia said, “and the Cruise Planners family is rallying and coming together to honor our colleague and friend by campaigning in her name as Woman of the Year. For us, I find no better way to celebrate her life.”
About Cruise Planners, an American Express Travel Representative
Cruise Planners, an American Express Travel Representative, is the nation’s largest home-based travel agent franchise network in the travel industry. Cruise Planners operates a network of more than 1,400 franchise owners who independently book amazing vacation and travel experiences for their clients. The Florida-based Home Office Team positions franchise owners for success by providing innovative marketing, booking and lead-generating tools, as well as professional development and hands-on training with the industry’s top executives. The company continues to be lauded and has been named the No.1 Cruise Tour / Travel Agency by Entrepreneur magazine for 13 consecutive years. Cruise Planners was recently featured in Entrepreneur as one of the top 30 franchise innovators in technology, has been consistently named as one of the Top Women-Owned Businesses by the South Florida Business Journal, is listed on the Inc. 5000 list as one of the fastest-growing private companies in America and was recognized as one of the “Top Workplaces” by The Sun Sentinel.
Headquartered in Coral Springs, Fla. with more than 22 years of experience, Cruise Planners has achieved top producer status with every major cruise line. Accolades include numerous Magellan Awards from Travel Weekly for the past seven years, American Express Travel Representative Excellence Award for 11 consecutive years (2004 – 2014), American Express Agency of the Year (2010), Royal Caribbean International President’s Award for Overall Achievement (2012 and 2014), Royal Caribbean International Home-Based Partner of the Year (2007 – 2013), Norwegian Cruise Line Franchise Agency of the Year (2011-2015), Celebrity Cruises Field Sales Account of the Year (2015), Celebrity Cruises Home-Based Account of the Year (2013-2014) and Celebrity Cruises Southeast Region Travel Agent Partner of the Year (2010), American Express Vacations Best of the Best Globe Award (2008 – 2015), Globus Family of Brands Premier Agency Partner (2009- 2014), Platinum Member of the 500 Club for Sales Excellence (2014), Platinum Circle Member with Viking River Cruises (2009-2012), Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection Top Producer (2008-2014) and Regent Seven Seas Cruises Top Producer. Cruise Planners is one of the Top 50 franchises for Veterans according to GI magazine, the Top Franchise Brand for Veterans according to Franchise Business Review, has been named one of the Top 25 franchises for African-Americans by Black Enterprise magazine and is a member of the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association. For more information, visit http://www.cruiseplanners.com.
Stay in Touch: Media can stay up-to-date with Cruise Planners by visiting our media room, following us on Twitter @Cruisitude or on Facebook. For additional information or to make reservations, vacationers should locate a travel advisor near them. For those interested in becoming a franchise owner, please visit our franchise site.
SOURCE Cruise Planners
+1 (954) 344-8060 Ext: 117
376 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Locking Down Security Business (1 views)
- Sport Clips Haircut Franchise Markets Available By State (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler About The Signal 88 Culture and Our Core Values (2 views)
- Franchise growth, stylist opportunities, philanthropies and awards “Excite” at Sport Clips Haircuts National Huddle (2 views)
- Jazen Tea Celebrates 5 Years With Free Drinks for a Year (2 views)
- Speedpro Imaging’s August 2017 Franchisee In Focus: Shira Kollins, Chicago, Illinois (1 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Targets Veterans to Fulfill Overwhelming Demand (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Real Heroes (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler On the Value of the Franchise Group (1 views)
- The Carving Board Sandwiches Serves Up National Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- Build Your Dream Lineup At Taco John’s® (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® OF YORK PROVIDES AWARD-WINNING SIGNS AND GRAPHICS FOR PENN STATE YORK STUDENT CENTER (1 views)
- AAMCO Expanding Brand’s Footprint With 18 New Centers Nationwide (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® International, Inc. CEO Catherine Monson to Speak at U.S. Chamber of Commerce Small Business Series (1 views)