- Sub Headline: New Fitness Class Allows Members To Track Results of their Workout Using their Fitbit Activity Tracker
- City: New York
- State: New York
- Listed: January 5, 2016 10:56 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
NEW YORK, Jan. 5, 2016 /FranchisePOD.com/ — Crunch, the gym chain known for its innovative group fitness programming, in partnership with Fitbit (NYSE: FIT), the leader in the connected health and fitness market, introduces Acceleration powered by Fitbit, an exciting new group fitness class that highlights activity metrics tracked with any Fitbit device. During the workout, participants will be encouraged to check their Fitbit device to track stats like caloric burn and number of steps achieved, and watch their progress week-by-week in the Fitbit app, so they can use this information to help them reach their health and fitness goals, and take their workouts to the next level.
Timed perfectly for your New Year’s fitness goals, the 30-minute high-intensity cardio class is now offered at select Crunch locations nationwide. The class features a series of standing drills designed to push members to their limits, torch calories, maximize steps and accelerate results. In addition to seeing real-time stats during the class using their Fitbit activity tracker, participants are able to track personal progression week-by-week with the Fitbit app.
“At Crunch, we pride ourselves in coming up with innovative ways to keep our members entertained and inspired with out-of-the-box fitness classes, such as this new class with Fitbit,” said Donna Cyrus, SVP of Programming at Crunch. “We are thrilled to be the first gym brand to formally integrate Fitbit activity trackers into our programming. We enjoy developing our own signature line of classes for all fitness levels and making sure they are fun and motivating. By incorporating activity tracking using Fitbit devices into the class instruction, members can track their progress and easily see how their effort is paying off.”
Acceleration powered by Fitbit is designed for all fitness levels and members can use their Fitbit device to help them track progress toward their specific fitness goals. Whether their objective is to burn more calories, increase their daily steps, workout in a specific heart rate zone or simply accomplish a fun and challenging workout, the instructor provides coaching and encouragement to maximize results.
“As one of the fastest growing brands in the connected health and fitness category, we see tremendous opportunities to combine our top selling devices and software with best-in-class offerings from Crunch, one of the most innovative and exciting fitness brands out there,” said Tim Rosa, Vice President of Global Marketing, Fitbit. “Acceleration powered by Fitbit provides Crunch members with specific exercise stats from this new class so they can better understand how they benefited from it, as well as the overall impact it had on their day so they can make more informed decisions to reach their goals. And that’s what we’re all about – providing innovative products and services that our users love, that fit seamlessly into their lives and that offer them the motivation and guidance to reach their health and fitness goals.”
Members without Fitbit devices are still able to participate in the class. It is open to all members wanting a challenging high-intensity interval workout. Members who would like to purchase a Fitbit activity tracker can do so at any Crunch location, at Crunch.com, or at Fitbit.com.
For class times and locations, go to Crunch.com. For more information about Fitbit, visit Fitbit.com.
Crunch is a gym that believes in making serious exercise fun by fusing fitness and entertainment and pioneering a philosophy of No Judgments. Headquartered in New York City, and co-owned by New Evolution Ventures (NeV) and private-equity firm Angelo, Gordon, Crunch serves over 600,000 members with over 130 gyms worldwide, including 108 franchise locations in MA, PA, NY, NJ, CT, WA, OR, CA, TX, FL, KY, VA, Puerto Rico and Australia, and is rapidly expanding across the U.S. and around the globe. Go to www.crunch.com for more information.
About New Evolution Ventures™ (NeV)
Based in Northern California, New Evolution Ventures (NeV) is a private equity firm focused on the acquisition, development and operations management of fitness, health and wellness interests both domestically and internationally. Founded in 2008 by Mark Mastrov, Jim Rowley and Mike Feeney, the current team of NeV professionals is shaping the world of fitness, health and wellness one brand at a time. With a foundation representing over a century of business experience, NeV currently has operations and investments in more than 20 countries worldwide representing over 800+ facilities. For more information, visit www.nev.com.
About Fitbit, Inc. (NYSE: FIT)
Fitbit helps people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals. As the leader in the connected health and fitness category, Fitbit designs products and experiences that track everyday health and fitness. Fitbit’s diverse line of award-winning products includes Fitbit Surge™, Fitbit Charge HR™, Fitbit Charge™, Fitbit Flex®, Fitbit One® and Fitbit Zip® activity trackers, as well as the Aria® Wi-Fi Smart Scale. Fitbit products are carried in over 48,000 retail stores and more than 55 countries around the globe.
Fitbit, the Fitbit logo, Fitbit Surge, Fitbit Charge HR, Fitbit Charge, Fitbit Flex, Fitbit One, Fitbit Zip, Aria, FitStar, MobileRun, PurePulse and SmartTrack are trademarks, service marks and/or registered trademarks of Fitbit, Inc. in the United States and in other countries. All other trademarks, service marks, and product names used herein are the property of their respective owners.
Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and share your Fitbit experience.
227 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Watch how FASTSIGNS helped this printer with our Co-Brand program grow their business by more than 40% (2 views)
- Wetzel’s Pretzels Continues Nontraditional Unit Expansion with Successful Phoenix-Area Walmart Opening (3 views)
- LOCAL FASTSIGNS FRANCHISE HOSTED A WEEK-LONG OPEN HOUSE (2 views)
- Creamistry Continues California Expansion (2 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (2 views)
- Topgolf Aiming for Richmond as 4th Virginia Location (2 views)
- Jazen Tea Celebrates 5 Years With Free Drinks for a Year (2 views)
- After Floods Swept Through Louisiana, Sport Clips Team Members Band Together to Rebuild a Devastated Community (2 views)
- Floyd Mayweather Expands Business Empire, Announces Mayweather Boxing & Fitness (2 views)
- Expect To See More FASTSIGNS Franchises (1 views)
- Twisted Taco Opens New Location in Alpharetta (1 views)
- Mosquito Squad Recognized As One Of America’s Fastest Growing Companies By Inc. Magazine For Seventh Consecutive Year (1 views)
- Le Macaron French Pastries Satisfies Sweet Tooth with New Beverage Offerings (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Real Heroes (1 views)
- GYMGUYZ Launches International Expansion with First Canadian Franchise Agreements (1 views)