- Sub Headline: New Orleans-based hot dog and sausage franchise looks to open five local eateries.
- Listed: August 24, 2017 6:05 am
- Expires: 250 days, 22 hours
Dat Dog Sets Sights on Charlotte
August 23, 2017 // FranchisePOD.com // NEW ORLEANS – Dat Dog, a popular New Orleans franchise chain that specializes in gourmet hot dogs and sausages covered with toppings that range from guacamole to crawfish etoufee, is eyeing Charlotte for expansion.
Dat Dog’s plan for Charlotte expansion comes less than seven months after company president Bill DiPaola announced his intentions to expand the brand’s footprint across the South through franchising and corporate-owned restaurants. He said he would like to see “about 40 to 50” restaurants open up in the next five years in an area stretching from the tip of Florida to as far west as Texas.
Although nothing has been confirmed for Charlotte just yet, DiPaola believes the market can hold as many as five restaurants.
“Hot Dogs are one of America’s favorite foods. They are quintessential to our culture. From ball parks and fairs to backyard grills and street vendors, hot dogs have put a smile on peoples’ faces,” said DiPaola. “But while the hamburger has saturated quick service and fast casual dining concepts, hot dogs are just beginning to penetrate the marketplace. As we plan our next growth phase, we look forward to beginning our search for enthusiastic franchise partners to lead Dat Dog’s expansion into Charlotte.”
Since launching its franchise opportunity in late January, the company has already signed two separate franchise development agreements totaling three locations in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and 25 stores in Houston, Texas.
Founded in 2011, Dat Dog has garnered a cult following of customers drawn to the brand’s vibrant atmosphere, local beer, late-night hours and, of course, its hot dogs. The menu features a slew of gourmet sausages made from crawfish, alligator and duck, in addition to the traditional beef wiener. The more than 30 toppings available at no extra charge – including unconventional options like blackberry sauce, guacamole, Sriracha mayo and crawfish etouffee – allow customers to create their very own “jazz improvisation in a bun.”
The restaurant also offers vegetarian and vegan sausage options, in addition to a hot dog wrapped in a lettuce leaf instead of a traditional bun for carb avoiders.
“Dat Dog is a place where amazing and affordable food, fun-loving staff, and bright colors provide you with a sanctuary of joy from the moment you cross its threshold. Combining the soul of Louisiana with the sophistication of Europe, our artfully crafted cuisine of hot dogs and sausages are a thing of beauty,” said DiPaola. “I have no doubt that Charlotteans will love our quirky culture – along with our crazy delicious dogs.”
Including a franchise fee of $50,000, the total investment necessary to begin operation of a Dat Dog franchise is between $475,405 and $927,675.
For more information about Dat Dog’s franchise opportunity, visit www.datdog.com/franchise.
About Dat Dog
Founded in 2011 and franchising since 2017, Dat Dog is a New Orleans-based restaurant chain that specializes in gourmet hot dogs and sausages that can be dressed in a selection of over 30 different toppings. The critically acclaimed restaurant – touted by The New York Times, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal and The Food Network – currently has four locations open and operating in New Orleans and numerous others in various stages of development. For more information, please visit www.datdog.com.
SOURCE Dat Dog
143 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- An Interview with Signal 88 Co-Founder Reed Nyffeler (1 views)
- AtWork Group Ranked as One of the Largest Staffing Firms in the US (2 views)
- Atlanta Area Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt Franchise (2 views)
- Pizza Factory Scores Big with San Jose Sharks Partnership (2 views)
- Tin Drum Asian Kitchen Taps Hot Foodie Trend with New Poke Menu Offerings (2 views)
- Top-performing FASTSIGNS of Apopka honored with CEO Circle Award (1 views)
- MILITARY FAMILY RETURNS TO WASHINGTON AND OPENS LOCAL FASTSIGNS FRANCHISE BUSINESS (1 views)
- Three local FastSigns recognized for top performance (1 views)
- New Wag N’ Wash in Redmond Part of 15-Store Expansion Plan (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security – Reed Nyffeler – The Ideal Franchise Candidate (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® reporta crecimiento sin precedente al firmar acuerdo con 63 nuevas franquicias en 2016 (1 views)
- Urban Float Expands Into Houston (1 views)
- Go Burrito Announces Plans to Launch Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- E-2 Visa Holders Welcome As Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® Franchisees (1 views)
- Sport Clips Honors Purple Heart Vets With A Trip to the Armed Forces Bowl (1 views)