- Franchise URL: http://www.DecoratingDen.com
- Listed: May 27, 2016 11:18 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
May 27, 2016 (FranchisePOD.com) Easton, Md. – Franchise owners Barbara Elliott and Jennifer Ward Woods, of Stone Mountain, Ga., were named Decorators of the Year, the highest design award presented by Decorating Den Interiors, North America’s largest interior design and home furnishings franchise company and leading in-home decorating service. It is the second time they have received this honor.
Their beautiful makeover of a bedroom was selected as the best of 298 entries in 12 categories judged by U.S. and Canadian national and regional design journalists in the company’s 32nd International Dream Room awards competition. They also won first place in the bathroom category, second in home office and third in family room.
The sister team received their award at the company’s 47th annual conference and supplier market held this month in San Antonio, Texas. They also will be honored in New York City at a dinner with renowned interior designer Mario Buatta.
The company’s Dream Room Awards competition results in four top design awards and two runners-up for each.
Decorator of the Year Runners-Up
Tied for First Runner-Up were Lisa Landy, of Arlington, Texas, who won first place in the commercial category and third place in miscellaneous, and Katie Rioux, of Calgary, Alberta, Canada, who won first place in home office and third place in living room.
Elliott and Ward-Woods’ bedroom also won the Donayre Award, which is voted on by company franchisees and is named for Carol Donayre Bugg, ASID, company vice president and director of design.
First Runner-Up was Cheryl Scurlock, of Youngsville, La., for a kitchen.
Lance Hatch, of Fort Lauderdale, Fla. was Second Runner-Up for a family room.
People’s Choice Award
Leen Zabalawi, of Rochester Hill, Mich., the People’s Choice Award, an online judging open to the public in which more than 30,000 votes were cast among the various entries. She won for a living room and also had the second-highest vote getter, a commercial space.
Donna Esposito, of Waxhaw, N.C., won third place for her design of an outdoor space.
Named after Patti Coons, former public relations director who was instrumental in starting the Dream Room competition, the award is for first-time entries into the competition and is judged by those franchisees who have achieved Decorating Den Certified Decorator status.
Hatch won first place for family room design.
Bindu Maneyapanda, of Kensington, Md., won second place for a family room.
Paula Bolin, of Fort Worth, Texas, won third place for her bedroom makeover.
About Decorating Den Interiors
Decorating Den Interiors was founded in 1969 and has nearly 300 franchises throughout the U.S. and Canada. Its design professionals represent some 100 home furnishings suppliers of furniture, window treatments, wall and floor coverings, lighting, accessories and closet systems. They provide complimentary design consultations and personally oversee projects through installation.
SOURCE Decorating Den Interiors
Public Relations Counsel
301 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (1 views)
- How This U.S. Veteran Thrived as a Signal 88 Franchisee (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® reporta crecimiento sin precedente al firmar acuerdo con 63 nuevas franquicias en 2016 (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise: Why Signal 88? (1 views)
- Dallas Cowboys and 7-Eleven Partner on Limited-Edition Collectible Cup (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS: EXTENDING BRANDING ELEMENTS TO INTERIOR DÉCOR PROMOTES CULTURE AND ENGAGEMENT (1 views)
- Local franchisees recognized for charitable giving (1 views)
- Enviro-Master Franchisee Scott Sheldon in the news again discussing the Hygiene Industry (1 views)
- Anytime Fitness Flexes Development Plans for Alabama (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® ANNOUNCES FURTHER GLOBAL EXPANSION PLANS WITH FOCUS ON SOUTHEAST ASIA (1 views)
- Backed by More Than Two Decades of Success, Sport Clips Has Positioned Itself as a Premier Investment Opportunity for Lenders (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Seeks Franchisees At ISA Sign Expo April 19-22 (1 views)
- LOCAL FASTSIGNS FRANCHISE HOSTED A WEEK-LONG OPEN HOUSE (1 views)
- The Patrol Difference from Signal 88 Security (1 views)
- For Signal 88 Security Franchise Owners, Providing Peace of Mind is Personal (1 views)